Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Holiday Inn for sale

at least you have not lost your sense of humour

all you need t do know is find your marbles

ps how is your mate wiz ?

[quote user="lake district canary"]if suggestions are put out as to how to develop the facilities, by an interested party - however small -  discussed at board level, decisions made - that is how it is done.[/quote]You can be sure they''ll be scouring the Pinkun message board to get ideas on how to improve their business........

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Do you think people run businesses and are just happy with the status quo?  A business only succeeds if it evolves with the time it is currently in.  If Holiday Inn and the JV thought that floor to ceiling windows were a benefit I''m sure it would have been considered a long long time ago, in fact I reckon it would have been considered when the hotel was built - or am I living in a different world to you and LDC?[/quote]The hotel may well have thought that the demand wasn''t there for additional hospitality boxes as the new Jarrold stand had just been built. As a condition for the lease, NCFC might have objected to the windows being bigger as those rooms would have been in direct competition for their own hospitality boxes.It might now make financial sense to increase the window sizes for some of the hotel rooms as the demand might now be there to use them as hospitality boxes on a match-day.

If you take one look at the picture of the hotel in stadium MK you will understand the differences between that hotel and the one in CR.

1) The MK hotel is IN THE STADIUM, and has UNRESTRICTED VIEWS of the pitch. It is clear why the larger windows are a benefit, whereas the rooms in the CRHI are not part of the stadium and most have a restricted view of the pitch.

2) The rooms are clearly larger and were designed to be the size corporate boxes and of use as such. The rooms in the CRHI are not big enough to use the same way (without removing the beds).

on a different beef, you can rule out putting any kind of ''safe standing'' area in front of the hotel because it''s AGAINST THE LAW. The FA and the government (and previous governments) have no intention of changing the law for premier league and championship stadia wrt terracing/safe standing. It''s not going to happen, not now, probably not ever. There are far too many all seater stadia in England for there to be a sufficient groundswell of pressure for the change to be made.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

on the face of it, if bigger windows/balconies were allowed and more people could pay to get in, that gives the hotel more money on match days, and the club would also get a cut of that money too. 

The thought occurred to me that the way the hotel is shaped, it  may be  that the space in front of the hotel is there to allow for when  a new stand may be built and joined to the Barclay stand, leaving the hotel intact behind it.      

[/quote]

So we get a percentage of room rates at the hotel do we ?

Secondly that space you are talking about is where the emergency services are on standby on a match day.

TIL1010 wrote ''Secondly that space you are talking about is where the emergency services are on standby on a match day.''

correct me if i''m wrong but do I remember seeing an extra temporary camera position put in that corner at one point (can''t remember when)?

no idea of the ground layoutlittle idea of what has happened at the clubusing a story with little basis in fact to to attack the club

.................. elementary my dear Til, some might say

[quote user="spudgfsh"]The rooms are clearly larger and were designed to be the size corporate boxes and of use as such. The rooms in the CRHI are not big enough to use the same way (without removing the beds)[/quote]Wall beds would help to solve that problem:http://www.wallbed.co.uk/

"Wall beds would help to solve that problem:"

It doesn''t change their position though does it. the MK rooms are clearly in a better position in the ground

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

on the face of it, if bigger windows/balconies were allowed and more people could pay to get in, that gives the hotel more money on match days, and the club would also get a cut of that money too. 

The thought occurred to me that the way the hotel is shaped, it  may be  that the space in front of the hotel is there to allow for when  a new stand may be built and joined to the Barclay stand, leaving the hotel intact behind it.      

[/quote]

So we get a percentage of room rates at the hotel do we ?

Secondly that space you are talking about is where the emergency services are on standby on a match day.

[/quote]

From what someone else said on here earlier, on  match days there is an extra amount to pay to cover the equivalent of a ticket, most of which I would presume goes to the club.  The space to which you refer is massive for one or two emergency vehicles.      A tunnel, with easy access is just as good. 

[quote user="City1st"]thanks to our old friend Swindon Canary we can see what the pitch looks like from the hotel  just need to lean out of the window a bityep, that''s going to work especially in the corporate world !   [/quote]

Yes.  Thank you City 1st for once again stating the obvious - that some windows are not good viewing points.  Fairly obvious to someone as intelligent as yourself, wouldn''t you think?

[quote user="City1st"]no idea of the ground layout   little idea of what has happened at the club  using a story with little basis in fact to to attack the club  [/quote]

What on earth are you going on about now?

steady on there lad

otherwise he''ll be telling us all that he won''t be bullied off this forum any any no-marks ...

................ then throwing yet another hissy fit and storming off

Could we not install some kind of anti-gravity device in the hotel and suspend it 150 feet or so above where it is now, tilted to allow guests to see the pitch, so we could then build a proper infill underneath? There must be someone here who understands this kind of technology and can say whether the idea is feasible.

[quote user="City1st"]steady on there ladotherwise he''ll be telling us all that he won''t be bullied off this forum any any no-marks ................... then throwing yet another hissy fit and storming off[/quote]

You wish.

Or better yet purple, maybe we could just attach a bunch of balloons to it and drop it off somewhere else.

Ooh! That gives me a great idea! Why don''t you just airlift the stadium with balloons and drop it at the showground to save us the hassle!

Everybody should start donating right away!

[quote user="spudgfsh"]

TIL1010 wrote ''Secondly that space you are talking about is where the emergency services are on standby on a match day.''

correct me if i''m wrong but do I remember seeing an extra temporary camera position put in that corner at one point (can''t remember when)?

[/quote]

There''s a temporary scaffold camera tower built in the corner for every game shown live on TV.

What a charming last post by LDC

Images, insults, lack of evidence in arguments and blaming the board (both boards!) for things he has done wrong.

Now who does that post remind me of...

Ignore the pair of trolls, ldc. Hopefully they might piss off eventually. I doubt it, but you can hope.

[quote user="First acolyte the east coast role model"]What a charming last post by LDC

Images, insults, lack of evidence in arguments and blaming the board (both boards!) for things he has done wrong.

Now who does that post remind me of...[/quote]

For someone who has this signature - "Protect and serve- it''s what we do. Here to combat all binners and trolls, at your service m''lord."- if you look back at your contribution to this thread you will see you have been doing just the thing you purport to be fighting. 

Have you read through the thread Herman?

If not, do it. If you don''t suffer from terminal dimness you will see why LDC is getting ants in his pants.

now now young master Hermanno need to upset yourself on someone else''s behalf

...... well least not everytime

Yes. And there had been some interesting points raised. Old Shucks'' points nearer the front were worth the read. Have you raised any?

Just as a postscript, the owners of  The Holiday Inn Norwich City - Kew Green Hotels - are not averse to multi-million pound refurbishments as you will see from this link - http://www.kewgreen.co.uk/news/kew-green-hotels-announces-multi-million-pound-refurbishment-of-hotel-in-walsall/

Not pie in the sky perhaps to think they might be open to the idea of refurbishing their showpiece premiership viewing hotel?   If so, there are options and examples around the country of the kind of development I have been talking about.  City 1st will point out there are rooms that don''t have a full view. That is true.  But there are plenty that do have a full view of the pitch and are ideal for the hospitality treatment - and what an advert that would be for the hotel.

From what someone else said on here earlier, on  match days there is an extra amount to pay to cover the equivalent of a ticket, most of which I would presume goes to the club.  The space to which you refer is massive for one or two emergency vehicles.      A tunnel, with easy access is just as good. 

[/quote]

Another presumption as opposed to fact. My money is on we do not and good to see you can now give advice to the emergency services and the safety advisory group.

I am now officially Bored.Com with your ill informed assumptions based on zilch facts and blind faith that you are right and everybody else is wrong.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Just as a postscript, the owners of  The Holiday Inn Norwich City - Kew Green Hotels - are not averse to multi-million pound refurbishments as you will see from this link - http://www.kewgreen.co.uk/news/kew-green-hotels-announces-multi-million-pound-refurbishment-of-hotel-in-walsall/

Not pie in the sky perhaps to think they might be open to the idea of refurbishing their showpiece premiership viewing hotel?   If so, there are options and examples around the country of the kind of development I have been talking about.  City 1st will point out there are rooms that don''t have a full view. That is true.  But there are plenty that do have a full view of the pitch and are ideal for the hospitality treatment - and what an advert that would be for the hotel.[/quote]

Fao til.  No assumption here.  No expense necessary from anyone else.   Just the hotel chain.  Get it yet?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]Just as a postscript, the owners of  The Holiday Inn Norwich City - Kew Green Hotels - are not averse to multi-million pound refurbishments as you will see from this link -

http://www.kewgreen.co.uk/news/kew-green-hotels-announces-multi-million-pound-refurbishment-of-hotel-in-walsall/

Not pie in the sky perhaps to think they might be open to the idea of refurbishing their showpiece premiership viewing hotel?   If so, there are options and examples around the country of the kind of development I have been talking about.  City 1st will point out there are rooms that don''t have a full view. That is true.  But there are plenty that do have a full view of the pitch and are ideal for the hospitality treatment - and what an advert that would be for the hotel.

[/quote]

Fao til.  No assumption here.  No expense necessary from anyone else.   Just the hotel chain.  Get it yet?

[/quote]

A few pages back you put a figure of £7 million on this improvement to the hotel/corner and now it will cost nothing as Kew Green Hotels will foot the bill. This is a joke right ?