Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Promotion places??

[quote]For promotion Norwich (of course) - winning the league Palace - a close second Preston - via the play offs For relegation from the prem Sunderland West Ham Fulham[/quote]

For me its got to be us, Wolves, maybe Derby or palace through the playoffs!!

I can''t realistically see Preston going up, they looked so poor in the play off final!!

Clubs looking at the top 2 (realistically) will be Us, Palace, Southampton, Wolves, Preston, Ippo, Derby, Sheff Utd and Leeds.  Add to this Reading, Millwall, Stoke, Hull, Leicester, Watford and Coventry looking at top 6 and we''re in for a bloody tough time!!

Im not goin to make any predictions, but i will say that I shall be extremely disappointed if we dont at least reach the play-off places. I think gaining promotion will be more and more difficult to achieve, as more teams are relegated with parachute payments. You can probably perm any 3 from 10 teams in next season''s promotion lottery. In the mix there has to be City, Palace, Southampton, Wolves, Preston, Reading, Hull, Leeds, Ipswich, Derby, Sheff U and Sheff Wed.

[quote]Clubs looking at the top 2 (realistically) will be Us, Palace, Southampton, Wolves, Preston, Ippo, Derby, Sheff Utd and Leeds. Add to this Reading, Millwall, Stoke, Hull, Leicester, Watford and Coven...[/quote]

Do you really think Ippo will be up there?

They''ve lost/are losing their best players and don''t have much money to buy replacements.

I really can''t see them getting in the play-offs next season.

We will be battling it out with Palace for the champions spot. both will get automatic promotion. Anyone could win play offs.

Sunderland will stay up.
Wigan wont
West Ham might.
how well do you think WBA will do?

I don''t see many of these teams being major threats. Preston looked poor in the play off just like Derby did. Sheff Utd, Leeds, Wolves, Leicester are all rebuilding, Reading going backwards, Hull only just up.

It''ll be us, Palace, Saints and Ippo challenging for top 2. All 4 will finish in the top 6 somewhere and the reminder mentioned will scrabble for the last two places. If Palace lose Johnson they will struggle to compete for an auto spot, ditto Saints if Harry does do a runner after all.

It won''t be easy but if we can keep the remaining nucleus of Shackell, Helveg, Safri, Hux, Deano, Leon we should have enough to be there or thereabouts.

You all seem to be a lot more confident than I am that we will be going up automatically.  It''s going to be really tough as DDIM pointed and there is always a suprise team.  Palace look as though they are going to be really strong next season, they are bringing in a lot of good quality championship players and that is exactly what you need.

I for one am making no predictions on our final position next season.  It''s worth remembering that the last 3 winners of this league were not relegated from the Premier the previous season.

I too think it will be Palace and Norwich pushing for the top spot. I''d be very suprised if either side doesn''t go up automatically.

Southampton will struggle. Their over confidence at ''bouncing straight back up'' is mind boggling. The Championship is different to the Premiership, and just as teams need Premiership experience when being promoted for the first time, Southampton lack ''Championship'' experience and I can see them floating around mid-table and pushing the play-offs for a couple of seasons.

I''m sorry to all the people who keep saying it''s going to be tough, but after watching the Play-Off''s and at least two dozen other matches in the Championship last season there really isn''t enough quality to threaten us at all. There isn''t a single side in the division that will have enough quality, resources or money.  

If we don''t get promoted, it will be our own fault; for whatever reason, not because of the quality of the oposition.

Until we know for def who is staying and who is coming you can''t really say what are chances are, keep our squad and add to it then yes a great chance but if we lose key players then not so sure about our chances.

I agree with Barclayendboy - to my mind it is far too early to tell what sort of squad we are going to have next season, though I would certainly expect to be among the sides going for promotion....exactly whereabouts (ie top two or just play-offs) could all be down to who we manage to bring in.

Given the number of players we''ve released, and those we seem likely to lose (Eddy, Crow, McVeigh, Stuart, Sven, Mulryne, Bentley, possibly Francis), we already seem to need up to 8 replacements - a Hell of a lot, and more outfield players than I can ever remember us needing (last close season seemed busy but we only got 5 in before the season start, 6 including Doc).  By my reckoning it is who we bring in, and how quickly they fit into the squad, which will determine our chances next season.

I can see Wolves being a threat next season.I think the top 3 for most of the season will beNorwichPalaceWolvesI just hope we''re top of that 3 when the seasons ends, if we are, i think we''ll a fair chance of being the Champs.

[quote]I too think it will be Palace and Norwich pushing for the top spot. I''d be very suprised if either side doesn''t go up automatically. Southampton will struggle. Their over confidence at ''bouncing stra...[/quote]

Beds, first of all my wife love the baby pic.

Secondly, I agree that Championship experience is as vital as Premiership experience.  I also think that Saints may struggle but in Harry they do, like us, possess a manager that has won this division and I think it will all depend on Harry goes about his job.

why we all so keen on wolves they struggled last season and hoddle is a very over-rated manager. THey''re always bookiesfavourites and rarely ever produce. sheff united are thedark horses, warnock is buying clever there in ifill and webber.

1. Norwich

2. Palace

3 - play-offs Wolves Vs Derby

Ive got a feeling derby will nick it