Sign in to follow this  
grdean

Loan Players

Would you like to see Norwich bring in any players on loan next season? Of course there are pros and cons but it worked extremely well for WBA bringing in Lukaku last season. The top clubs have a lot of young players who are on the fringes of first team football but who would you like to see come to Norwich next season?

bertrand from chelsea and powell from utd (or zaha but i doubt he will be going on loan)

whoever they are have to be quality and hungry for first team football at the end of the day, no point in getting older fringe players just collecting a pay packet

How about that Jack Rodwell or Scott Sinclair? Neither were particularly utilised last season.

We have reached a point of development now where we do not need loans unless it is with a view to buying if it works out. Lulalu worked for WBA last season but they are back to square 1 now trying to find a striker who can get them 20 goals, Bolton never got over losing Sturrige. This may be a good option for the newly promoted clubs but we should be looking at consolidating our league position now in our 3rd season

I understand how you may think that we do no longer need loan players but we are by now means safe this next season and after a large fee paid out for RVW some loan players to bolster the squad should still be seen as a viable option.Scott Sinclair would be an interesting player to have in our team but I expect that Citeh would want us to pay a large part of his wages which I''m sure there is a lot of. Powell from United does look promising but I think our central midfielders are one of the strongest parts of our team.

Has it worked for West Brom?

Lukaku did extremely well for them by scoring a hatful of goals and helped to make sure they were safe. But what of this season? How are they going to replace him? What impact will his loss have on the team?

And who has really gained by the loan? West Brom have paid his wages (or at least some of them), they have coached him, given him exposure, trained him, given him experience of the Premiership, helped to make him a better player, increased his value considerably and then had to watch him return to a club who they will be playing against next season.

Who knows, it may be his goals that relegate them next season.

Loans amongst Premiership clubs only help the clubs loaning the player in the long term.

If he is good enough then they will want him back, if he isn''t they will probably be able to move him on at a bigger price because of the experience he gained.

The system is being abused by the top clubs and I would hope we have nothing to do with it.

[quote user="grdean"]Would you like to see Norwich bring in any players on loan next season? [/quote]Yes, and also I''d like to see Norwich sign some players too.Oh, you mean specific names.  Righto, I''ll be less sarcastic then.Realistically we''re only going to get up and coming players from the big five, but any of these in our midfield would give me a football boner.Nick Powell from Manchester UnitedDenis Suárez from Manchester CityGael Kakuta from ChelseaPark Chu-Young from ArsenalGilfi Sigurdsson from TottenhamCue "yeah good luck etc etc" comments.