Sign in to follow this  
jamie 10

We need technical players

So I''ve been thinking about who I would like us to buy and who we have been linked with, personally I think the type of player we need in our squad is a technically gifted player, like Wes.

My ideal player would be Marin who is at Chelsea, I saw quite a bit of him playing in the German league and he is the type of player who would pull two defends towards him which creates gaps, has the speed and skill to beat defenders plays wide but at best behind the striker, other players linked like capel and van ginkel would also bring a different class to out current team.

I can''t see shelvey really making the same sort of impact as a technical player would, he is more of a physical player which we have already,

My ideal signings would be

Marin

Van ginkel

Capel

Bony or hooper

We need a centre back but I''m not sure who I would go for, I would put a cheeky bid in for lesscott but don''t think we could afford his wages.

Thoughts?

Very interesting. Are we breaking new ground here? Do we need to push the envelope a bit or carry on thinking inside the same old box?

I wondered about Marin also but I haven''t seen him in action at all really- He has only started twice for Chelsea in the Prem this season. He would cost upwards of £7 million I think which may be pushing it a bit after a £8m+ transfer for RVW and after coming from a top club his wages will be high. Maybe a target for a loan although we would be need Chelsea to pay a chunk of his wages.http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/marko-marin/profil/spieler_35251.html

I''m thinking that the RVW  budget came from last seasons funds, maybe Hughton has now got a whole new set of funds to spend, so could afford another big transfer.

[quote user="grdean"]I wondered about Marin also...He would cost upwards of £7 million..and after coming from a top club his wages will be high.[/quote]I doubt most of that tbh.He signed for 7 million and they can hardly argue that his price has gone on based on his form and number of performances whilst at Chelsea.I''d expect 5 million to be more than enough for his signature.As for wages, he''s on a pretty sensible wage all things considered, supposedly in the region of 35k a week at Chelsea, so there''s absolutely no reason why we couldn''t match this at all.This is one of those signings where we could get a total bargain if we play our cards right, and in my mind he''s the first player McNally should be trying to bring in this summer.

He''s not coming to NCFC , unless it''s out on loan...He ignored the offer of a number of big German clubs to go to Chelsea (for the money)

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]He''s not coming to NCFC , unless it''s out on loan...He ignored the offer of a number of big German clubs to go to Chelsea (for the money)[/quote]Was it for the money though, or was it for the prestige and quality of the league?I''m not saying that wages won''t have been a factor in the decision, but most players want to play in the best leagues in the world which are currently the Premier League and La Liga (although the Bundesliga is very competitive, the overall standard isn''t as high IMHO), and therefore if you want to prove yourself at the top - you move to the top.Marin will likely be desperate to show he''s good enough here and that he''s worth recalling to the national side, rather than slinking off back to Germany and having everyone question his overall talent at the top level.The point is that it only takes an enquiry to find out if this is an option or not, and surely for the sake of a phonecall we should find out???