Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

The River End Burger Van

My mum supports Dundee United and has discovered that the Burger Van out the front was

for sale recently for £4,000.     I have been saying for ages that

the way out of the problem of the burger van in the corner of Carrow Rd was

for the club to buy it and turn it into something more suitable for

reducing obesity.    Plus the van, or what remained of it, could be

used to raise income for the club, perhaps in some other way, therefore

would be an investment.

£4,000 is not peanuts and the burger van

at Norwich would probably be more, but still it must be considered an

option.   I have been shouted down several times for expressing this

view  but no-one has come up with a decent argument as to why this

should not be a sensible solution.   To buy back courtyard space and have

the facility to create something healthy, even if it is a large climbing frame, a set of treadmills which power a video replay scoreboard, or a statue of Cedric Anselin, must be a no-brainer.

It

may not be possible for reasons I don''t know, but money talks and at

the right price this is a way to develop the stadium and encourage better pre and post-match dietary habits which could result in less fatties, less obesity, and less chafing for everyone as they wedge themselves between two enormous fat b''stards every home game. 

I remember when it was a NAAFI tea wagon, and it didn''t have a roof on it either - and at halftime they would wheel it round the back of the City stand to the East Bank end (or Berkley is we knew it).The bloke who ran it was called Earnie ... or tea Earn as we called him. Then it was taken over by a woman called Dalia who made it all smart and the tea was excellent. In fact Ted MacDougall (supermac) even said ''you''ve never had it so good"Unfortunately so many fans started drinking tea that it caused a run on the cups - about 1957, I think. The 1957 cup run became very famous.

If there is a need for any tables and chairs or parasols to put in front of this burger van I understand that Kew Green Hotels over ordered on a consignment for the Holiday Inn.

Whilst you are about Bor I seem to recall that in another life you had the hots for the local weather girl Alex Dolan so what do you reckon to the latest babe to bless BBC East and present the weather ? Her name is Georgina Burnett. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

If there is a need for any tables and chairs or parasols to put in front of this burger van I understand that Kew Green Hotels over ordered on a consignment for the Holiday Inn.

[/quote]

The burger van would need to build a platform for the tables and chairs and parasols to be attached to, so they  would not deemed a health and safety risk and to make sure they don''t get in the way of emergency vehicles.  Also the cost of  the aforementioned tables, chairs and parasols could be met by the increase of the price of  the burgers by 50p per burger, thus over twelve years the cost of buying the tables, chairs and parasols would be covered.   There would of course be the issue of negotiating the use of the Holiday Inn tables, chairs and parasols as they would have the Holiday Inn logo on them and there would be some cost attached to the licensing of the tables, chairs.....................do you want me to go on??   

[quote user="lake district canary"]

.do you want me to go on??   

[/quote]

Not for 30 feckin pages NO but I do not suppose that will stop you.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]do you want me to go on?? [/quote] Not for 30 feckin pages NO but I do not suppose that will stop you.[/quote]

If the three or four people who tried to disrupt that thread through

their  lack of comprehension that just sometimes posters are genuinely

trying to do something useful, that particular thread would have been a

lot shorter.    If you just look at the amount of  ridiculous

accusations and people reading their own agenda into that thread, you would understand.   Cynicism, petty forum politics, trolling, egotism, attempts at silencing, all rolled into one thread, the subject of which was, after all something to do with the club, its stadium, viewing matches and  its appearance to the wider world.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]do you want me to go on?? [/quote] Not for 30 feckin pages NO but I do not suppose that will stop you.[/quote]

If the three or four people who tried to disrupt that thread through their  lack of comprehension that just sometimes posters are genuinely trying to do something useful, that particular thread would have been a lot shorter.    If you just look at the amount of  ridiculous accusations and people reading their own agenda into that thread, you would understand.   Cynicism, petty forum politics, trolling, egotism, attempts at silencing, all rolled into one thread, the subject of which was, after all something to do with the club, its stadium, viewing matches and  its appearance to the wider world.

[/quote]

Really????

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]do you want me to go on?? [/quote] Not for 30 feckin pages NO but I do not suppose that will stop you.[/quote]

If the three or four people who tried to disrupt that thread through their  lack of comprehension that just sometimes posters are genuinely trying to do something useful, that particular thread would have been a lot shorter.    If you just look at the amount of  ridiculous accusations and people reading their own agenda into that thread, you would understand.   Cynicism, petty forum politics, trolling, egotism, attempts at silencing, all rolled into one thread, the subject of which was, after all something to do with the club, its stadium, viewing matches and  its appearance to the wider world. [/quote]

Really????

[/quote]

Morty - Great ideas LDC, all of those are totally possible Yes [Y]

LDC - I''m speechless!

Morty - Well that worked a treat then

Obvious attempt to stop me in my tracks. 

Morty ever giving me a compliment and meaning it? 

Now that would stop me.

If the three or four people who tried to disrupt that thread through their  lack of comprehension that just sometimes posters are genuinely trying to do something useful, that particular thread would have been a lot shorter.    If you just look at the amount of  ridiculous accusations and people reading their own agenda into that thread, you would understand.   Cynicism, petty forum politics, trolling, egotism, attempts at silencing, all rolled into one thread, the subject of which was, after all something to do with the club, its stadium, viewing matches and  its appearance to the wider world.

[/quote]

I rest my case as off you go again.

"Lack of comprehension" .......Really ?

"Three or four people"......you mean three or four dozen surely ?

FFS give it up and just wait for your response from the Club if you get one and that I very much doubt.

"attempts at silencing"

another blatant lie,

no poster on this thread has the power to silence anybody - they did have the ability to point out where you were posting up false information

until somebody had those posts removed

silencing .... eh ?

you are fooling nobody

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

If the three or four people who tried to disrupt that thread through their  lack of comprehension that just sometimes posters are genuinely trying to do something useful, that particular thread would have been a lot shorter.    If you just look at the amount of  ridiculous accusations and people reading their own agenda into that thread, you would understand.   Cynicism, petty forum politics, trolling, egotism, attempts at silencing, all rolled into one thread, the subject of which was, after all something to do with the club, its stadium, viewing matches and  its appearance to the wider world. [/quote]

Really????

[/quote]

Morty - Great ideas LDC, all of those are totally possible Yes [Y]

LDC - I''m speechless!

Morty - Well that worked a treat then

Obvious attempt to stop me in my tracks. 

Morty ever giving me a compliment and meaning it? 

Now that would stop me.

[/quote]Oh do shut up you whining old whingebag.Your ridiculous thread became more about petty belligerence than actual debate, and you know it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The truth hurts, doesn''t it.  [;)]

[/quote]And there we go. Confirmation that all the time you are playing the victim, you are also playing silly little games.You''re pathetic, you really are, I actually have more respect for Wiz.

[quote user="Wiz"]Should I get some more popcorn in?[:D][/quote]I wouldn''t bother, he''ll go whining to teacher and the posts will be removed anyway.

LDC the chap who has an opinion but if you have a different opinion he disagrees with you having a different opinion. In order words he thinks he is always right.[:(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]LDC the chap who has an opinion but if you have a different opinion he disagrees with you having a different opinion. In order words he thinks he is always right.[:(][/quote]

* In other words.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]LDC the chap who has an opinion but if you have a different opinion he disagrees with you having a different opinion. In order words he thinks he is always right.[:(][/quote]

Wrong.  If you actually follow the thread in question you will see I learned from what other people wrote.  The only people I didn''t take any notice of was the people who just have ridicule on their agenda.

[quote user="lake district canary"]My posts are genuine, always have been. Some people can''t take that, but that''s not my problem.

[/quote]

I''ve backed you in the past LDC, but you''re starting to get on my tits now son.......let it go ffs!