Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Van Ginkel

May be nothing but his Twitter fan account is claiming us and Chelsea in for him. Old news I know but makes you wonder if, as seems, people in Holland are alerted to our interest, no smoke and all that....

Well, at least we can wish eh??

As much as we might like to think that the lure of regular premiership football gives us half a chance of competing with Chelsea the reality is if they are seriously in for him (and there are a lot of reports linking him with Chelsea) then we don''t have a chance. Good we are trying to sign this quality of player though.

Maybe he''s seen what''s happened too a great player like Marko Marin at Chelsea and will have 2nd thoughts when making a decision.

We can only hope Renskay but if CH managed to get him here it would be a bigger coup than RVW. Just look at his stats; Plays for a top six Dutch team, in 49 games he has scored 14 as well as making 14 assists mainly from a Central Midfield position and he is still only 20 years old.

Think the hope is that we will offer regular game time and a colleague here to help his integration. Also, what, 30 minutes on the plane to Amsterdam??

I think he has to look at the Chelsea squad and say to himself when and where will I play. Also I think Van Ginkel is a No10 and Chelsea have what 3 of those, Mata, Hazard and Oscar.? most play out of position to get a game and its not like they are old either so their time is running out.

With the lure of the World Cup next year, maybe to play more games will figure in his decision, still got to get past Wes though.

There could be some hope, as it''s hard to see him getting that many games with Chelsea other than in the CL group stage games. He could be tempted to follow RvW''s example as well, as he is only 20 and it would be a good way to break into the PL. His age also means that he wouldn''t take one of the 25 squad places either. Fingers crossed.

I realise this has been debated before but what I have read both the potential fee AND wages Norwich and Chelsea seem to be offering the same so the choice of regular football would provide a platform for a lad who seems desperate to get into the Dutch team for the next world cup. Would also link up with RVW

If we could pull this off it would be unreal, but you just have think if Chelsea really want him they can offer him a contract he wouldn''t be able to refuse. Be a massive sign of intent!

[quote user="birchfest"]If we could pull this off it would be unreal, but you just have think if Chelsea really want him they can offer him a contract he wouldn''t be able to refuse. Be a massive sign of intent![/quote]at 20 years of age he has plenty of time ahead for the big money. it could be personal progress, made by playing and performing, that would be more important to him. i certainly hope so.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]paul ncfc wrote - "...still got to get past Wes though."

Oh boy, are you serious?[/quote]

In possession of the shirt and played the league, plus the lad will need time to adjust to the new surroundings, don''t always be too quick to dismiss what we already have.

Would absolutely love him here!

Would be the biggest signing of our history, surpassing RVW.

Jesus wes would be on the bench behind him, simple. He is a class player performing at a high level, hoops has not been consisten this season and is a great player off the bench.

If our fans think we can play most of our first choice midfield and striker force next season then we have problems. They were pitiful for most of the season and as a club looking to improve this means you improve the first team, those players become squad players and build a Strong bench.

Rvw is a striker and we are building a club around him, bring in van ginkel, a wide player (capel?) and then tettey and bj fight out for one place in the centre of midfield. Snoddy and pilky fight out for the other wide place. If we don''t bring in another winger, I feel we do and a second choice striker.

I still believe rvw saying we need 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder is correct, we need them as starters, I am a huge fan of snoddy and think he can do a job all season but I do think you it would be his position that would be most competitive he is a cracking premiership standard winger.

So for me an excellent player performing now and full of potential to improve. This is the signings we should be bringing in to build that first team around rvw and hoops on the bench as a game changer.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="birchfest"]If we could pull this off it would be unreal, but you just have think if Chelsea really want him they can offer him a contract he wouldn''t be able to refuse. Be a massive sign of intent![/quote]at 20 years of age he has plenty of time ahead for the big money. it could be personal progress, made by playing and performing, that would be more important to him. i certainly hope so.[/quote]On the other hand, he could join City, break his leg, be poor, be home sick, be relegated and never have the ''big move'' opprtunity again.All very well suggesting he ''developes'' at a lower club, but thats easy for say knowning we''ll never have that option.

Butterfield will see his chances diminish.

But of course we could be worried about injuries throughout. He is a quality player and record stands out against many, certainly better than our team.

If we can compete and put a package together and get him he will raise the level of our lacklustre midfield to new heights and we can continue to bring in quality around him and rvw.

Last thing I want is our midfield to look like much of this season... Inept.

[quote user="Renskay"]Maybe he''s seen what''s happened too a great player like Marko Marin at Chelsea and will have 2nd thoughts when making a decision.[/quote]Funny how you mention Marin, as I think we should be going in for him anyway - especially if Van Ginkel does go to Chelsea.

Question: When did Chelsea''s registered interest actually begin?

Was it pre-Mourinho''s return? If so, I think you can rule it out as bogus - no way would he allow transfers that he doesn''t know about... not this time. And Van Ginkel''s definitely not the sort of player Chelsea need at the moment - he wouldn''t get a game.

Maybe they scouted him. Don''t see why they wouldn''t, he''s a talented youngster. But ''scouting'' and ''trying to sign'' are very different things.

Militant Canary wrote - "...And Van Ginkel''s definitely not the sort of player Chelsea need at the moment - he wouldn''t get a game. "

Lampard''s replacement.

JG: I see what you''re saying. But if they''re already looking for Lampard''s replacement, there are players out there that fit the bill more closely and are more ready to start filling those shoes (Van Ginkel is talented and has bags of potential, but he definitely isn''t there yet).

Money is no object for them, after all.

Che: With respect, that''s not the point. The DoF may well buy the players, but the manager is a pretty big part of the selection process and only in very rare cases are they not involved from the onset - from the initial scouting, to the transfers conclusion. I don''t think Mourinho would allow a signing to come in that he hasn''t looked at, reviewed and rubber stamped personally.

If Chelsea''s reported interest began before Mourinho officially took over, then I believe Chelsea''s interest is bogus.

Naturally, I''m prepared to hold my hands up and admit my mistake, if wrong.

Militant Canary - I really hope you are right and MVG is firmly in our sights. There seems to have been nothing concrete regarding a move for him from us (or any other Club for that matter) so it''s all rumour at the moment. Interesting that a lot of Chelsea fans are responding to this story with a "Why?" remark, stating that they have several underused, talented midfielders at the Club already.

Agree with you on all points, JG.

I''m not saying that MVG is in our sights - as you say, nobody can tell for certain (and even if he was, maybe he''s happy where he is). Just that I really doubt Chelsea are interested.

Excellent compilation, NM. 8 goals and 10 assists in 33 appearances is good going for any midfielder, but it would be good to see the rest of his game. I suspect that he and RvW could make up a deadly duo.