Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Only two more new signings

Sign in under another name????

Sorry son I think you must be confusing me with someone else!

I merely questioned your headline and your rational, not wanting to get into a slanging match!

Perhaps you have now got the reaction you were seeking, my bad for biting, anyway,

one love

OTBC

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]As a guide (although the situation was complicated by the availability of under-age players such as Rudd, Steer, Smith and Kane) in his summer 25 Hughton selected two goalkeepers, eight defenders, 11 midfielders and four strikers. The winter 25 had three GKs, eight defenders, 10 midfielders and four strikers.[/quote]

That 3-8-10-4 is (I think!) how the 25-man squad breaks down now, with Rudd now over 21, with the loan players back, with RVW signed (plus Garrido permanently), and with some players such as Jackson released.If Steer (still under 21) is now regarded as capable enough to back up Ruddy and Bunn that might add Rudd to the list of possible departures, freeing up a space. Of the others there are obvious question marks (to a greater or lesser extent) over Barnett, Ayala, Vaughan, Surman, Fox and Butterfield. The spaces are there, potentially, for several more deals.

i would not be surprised if Rudd was to depart. with Steer just behind him in age Rudd is holding up Steers development, and most opinions i have read say that Steer is the better prospect. plus Steer would not count to the 25 man squad.