Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Only two more new signings

As we have 23 players as it standsOf the four highlighted below (Surman, Fox, Butterfield, Vaughan) I would expect one of those to be sold and one or two to be loaned out. Apart from Butterfield, if any of the other three are loaned out then that would be with a view to a move away rather than any development.As of the past four seasons we have not seen any players leaving City to ''move up'' and I''m not sure if any of those 23 players look to be anxious, or think, they should be elsewhere. So I suspect if only two move then it might only be four new players coming in - and they will be determined by how the club wants to approach things next season. However putting that aside we clearly we need another forward - unlikely to be Vaughan. And a pacy left back who can get forward. The defence has been fairly interchangable with Martin and Whittaker easily able to cover elsewhere and even Elliot Bennett being able to cover RB fairly well so it would be the midfield that the concentration will be on - we are well covered for keepers. I would hope for at least one more creative midfielder, if only for cover and to mix it up a bit and a wingman with a bit of speed.KeepersRuddyBunnRuddBacksMartinWhittakerBassongBennettTurnerGarridoMidfieldJohnsonTetteyHowsonPilksBennettHoolahanSnodgrass SurmanFoxButterfield

ForwardsHoltBechioRVWVaughan

Van Ginkel and or Capel and another forward! I''d be happy with that...

....you appear to have sold Ayala and Barnett (the latter maybe off to Cardiff, but not yet finalised)!

It seems inevitable that several guys will be sold, we''ll need a mixture of positions filled depending on who goes....for me it''ll be a mix of a few ''big'' signings and other lesser-but-improvements on the squad players. Incremental improvements to the squad seems to have been what we''ve done over the last few years and will continue.

I''d not noticed Surman was missing - I think there will be several who leave ahead of him, is a good player if not necessarily appreciated by our supporters.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''d not noticed Surman was missing - I think there will be several who leave ahead of him, is a good player if not necessarily appreciated by our supporters.[/quote]

Agreed. Very underrated and unappreciated. In the right team surman is very effective and we need to keep him.

I don''t think that he will play again, for me not premiership quality and we should be looking to improve on him

Morison''s Prozac  - Why do people never understand the 25 man squad rule? We need more than two signings and players like Surman aren''t likely to play for us again

"then it might only be four new players coming in"  - City1st(perhaps it might help if you read the post before you posted)

Can''t see Fox or Surman being in the 25 man squad. Another forward is imperative for next season in my opinion, a young left back would be great going forward and to slowly take the reins from Garrido. I don''t think we will be seeing anymore big signings of £5m+. I see us getting a young Championship fullback, Championship winger such as Redmond and hopefully a striker. Would love to see Diego Capel join us. Maybe if he doesn''t sign for Swansea or another Prem club this transfer window RVW might entice him to us

I wouldn''t like to second guess our squad yet, as we could have one or two surprise outgoings nobody saw coming, on top of the said players above unlikely to figure next season.

[quote user="Alfie54"]I don''t think that he will play again, for me not premiership quality and we should be looking to improve on him[/quote]

Not premiership quality for you perhaps but Hughton has said several times that he rates Surman. I suspect when it comes to it, Hughton will trump you on this one.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]I would not be surprised to see 5 or 6 new outfield players starting the first game of the season.[/quote]

If we do have that many new players starting I hope they are a little more joined up than those representing us in the first few games last season!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]From what I''ve heard there''ll be a lot more than two. A lot more.[/quote]

Agreed Mr Brownstone, I have also heard there will indeed be a lot more than two new faces coming in.

Can''t seem fathom the OP''s rational that the 23 remaining squad players will all be retained.

OTBC

Will be at least 4 new signings one attacking midfielder, a left sided midfielder to assist Pilks and definitely a new striker. We probably don''t another CB and Whittaker can cover LB. Elliott Bennet to cover at RB he can become permanent fixture there.

[quote user="mr lister"]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]From what I''ve heard there''ll be a lot more than two. A lot more.[/quote]

Agreed Mr Brownstone, I have also heard there will indeed be a lot more than two new faces coming in.

Can''t seem fathom the OP''s rational that the 23 remaining squad players will all be retained.

OTBC

[/quote]

Nor do I

That''s why I NEVER said that (try reading the post)

[quote user="mr lister"]

[/quote]

"Up to 10" was what I heard.

City have 20 current first team players from last year which leaves 5 spaces from the 25 allowed. Players like Van Ginkel and Maher are under 21 and therefore wouldn''t count next year so there could be 6 or 7 coming in. If players like Ayala and Vaughan are retained, that would drop to 4 or 5.

As a guide (although the situation was complicated by the availability of under-age players such as Rudd, Steer, Smith and Kane) in his summer 25 Hughton selected two goalkeepers, eight defenders, 11 midfielders and four strikers. The winter 25 had three GKs, eight defenders, 10 midfielders and four strikers.

[quote user="pete"]Will be at least 4 new signings one attacking midfielder, a left sided midfielder to assist Pilks and definitely a new striker. We probably don''t another CB and Whittaker can cover LB. Elliott Bennet to cover at RB he can become permanent fixture there.[/quote]

errr, that was pretty much exactly what was said in the OP

With a headline that says we will only sign two more players!!!!

Sorry must be missing something.

Mr Brownstone that is the figure I heard from a very good source but I do believe that includes Garrido and RVW

yes, the content below

headlines often have stuff under them

in fact that is their purpose

So your headline had no bearing as to what you wrote underneath!!!

Did you mean we only need two more signings to have a good squad or did you, as I read it, imply that we will only be making two more sign.

I suspect the latter, which quite frankly garbage.

Anyway

OTBC

a you must have read it, so you decideand thanks, most folk don''t nor do they bother to sign in under another name to reply eitherso one thing if nothing else, you are keenwell done you is what I say