Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Flag Ideas....

Hey guys, I''m thinking of buying a big NCFC flag and getting something printed on it to take to away matches and possibly at home.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should have on there? I was thinking of 4-1 & 5-1 on a yellow and green st georges cross but I swear I have already seen one about.

I have seen a flag with 9-2 on it somewhere.

If you want to be a bit different..... how about a Norfolk flag? ...yes there is one! (Google it).

[quote user="SitTee"]Hey guys, I''m thinking of buying a big NCFC flag and getting something printed on it to take to away matches and possibly at home.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should have on there? I was thinking of 4-1 & 5-1 on a yellow and green st georges cross but I swear I have already seen one about.[/quote]

ICENI ARMY

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Go for it, my flag in my picture, constant reminder of them two games, barmy flags is a good place to get flags, although pricey they come with a fire certificate on the back, some Prem grounds do check this and the flags are high quality.[/quote]

HEALTH&SAFETY GONE OVER TOP AGAIN

Anything that is critical or extracts the Michael from second rate teams from inferior county''s. I did think ''we don''t play you anymore'' until the proposal of a meaningless friendly. The snake pits flags include ''the best supported team in East Anglia'' and ''East Anglia''s Premier League Team''.

How about ''We Are Norwich

Cutting the Mustard''

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

HEALTH&SAFETY GONE OVER TOP AGAIN

[/quote]

or maybe in the grownup''s world an insurance requirement

ps

I would strongly advise putting some score (against a lower league

team) on - makes you look a bit tinpot - we are in the PL, focus on that

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I do like that yarmouth canaries flag and thanks for the heads up about fire certificates! *rolls eyes*

Does anyone remember when we got promoted from League 1 and loads of stalls outside carrow road were selling flags obviously not from the club shop and the club tried to stop people bringing them in? Pathetic wasn''t it.

I really like the idea of the Norfolk Flag. I''m just thinking of how I can incorporate the words NCFC on it.

There is one here at a silly price!

http://flagandbuntingstore.co.uk/acatalog/Norfolk_Flag.html?gclid=CL-18LyE17cCFY3HtAodwxEARA

No mention of those two games please. They are small-fry compared with what has happened since.

Why elevate the paupers to that level of importance.

I would like a big, yellow canary on a white background with NCFC in black at the bottom right. Says it all.

I hate people who daub football slogans on the union flag or St George''s flag. Is that supposed to be patriotic? It''s a criminal offence to deface the national flag in most countries (e.g. France, USA). It''s not at all patriotic, it just shows you have no class at all. Fortunately not many Norwich supporters do it but the green and yellow St George''s cross is definitely a no-no.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]I hate people who daub football slogans on the union flag or St George''s flag. Is that supposed to be patriotic? It''s a criminal offence to deface the national flag in most countries (e.g. France, USA). [/quote]

Whoever has the "Le Juge" Julien Brellier flag might be getting a visit from Interpol then...

"Kangaroo Court"

I hate people who daub football slogans on the union flag or St George''s flag. Is that supposed to be patriotic? It''s a criminal offence to deface the national flag in most countries (e.g. France, USA). It''s not at all patriotic, it just shows you have no class at all. Fortunately not many Norwich supporters do it but the green and yellow St George''s cross is definitely a no-no.

I understand where you are coming from. I am no big fan of writing on the national flag. It maybe an old fashioned view but I find it a bit disrespectful.

The ones that really wind me up are the flags used as advertising. The St Georges cross with JJB Sports daubed over them for instance.

I can also see where you are coming from Kangaroo but unfortunately there are not many other options. I really like the yellow and green st georges flag though. Very tempted to get one made, just look at these when we were at the san siro!

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDorB6fCUAAMnl9.jpg:large[/img]

"How on earth do you post pics on here?"if not, you can post the link to the pic in the green globe above which has two chain links under itsuggestiontype the words you want to see in your message ie Norwich Flag the highlight themcut the address - http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Marc+Tierney+Norwich+City+v+Coventry+City+bHA8D6Clzc8l.jpgand paste in the box above (second on right) and bingoNorwich flagit is only a link but handy for linking to other website pages and pics

I have a jpeg picture in ''my pictures'' on my laptop, but it appears to be impossible to copy and paste it onto this message board.

Any suggestions?

YES   I love the idea of having a big flag on away matches,  would improve our atmosphere massively.   Maybe a Norfolk flag isn''t a great idea,  because as the club is growing we are gaining more and more fans from far away places like Lincolnshire, Cambridgshire,  even LONDON!  But in all seriousness,  a big flag would be brilliant.  Maybe a England flag  with  ''On The Ball City'' ,  each word in each quarter of the flag?  

Any reference to 9-2 or that lot up the road is very tinpot.

Were bigger and better than them, that 9-2 was a stepping stone to much bigger and better things.

About putting pictures on this board, I used to be able to do it but for about a month now it''s not been working, whilst other seem to have no trouble.Can some nice chap post a tutorial please ?

City1st gave me some advice which worked;

You cannot post pictures saved on your computer. You have to move your picture to a web based host like ''Photobucket'' or ''Flickr''.

Once your picture is there, you can simply copy and paste the link in your message.

This is exactly how I posted the Norfolk Flag picture link below.

Hope this helps!