Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Nursey strikes again

Apparently Hughton wants Hooper, a winger and a LB and McNally is working hard on it at the minute.

He''s really forcing the Hooper link so we must still be in for him. The other two positions were obvious but surely a couple of CMs are of a similar priority?

Yep I saw that too, but he also stated Hughton was on holiday yet he is on BBC Sportsweek apparently???

Not sure whether I believe him that much TBH, it has also been suggested that Sunderland are strong fav''s (skybet) to sign Hooper! Hope that doesn''t mean its going to end up in a bidding warfor Hooper 4-5m max for me.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]Apparently Hughton wants Hooper, a winger and a LB and McNally is working hard on it at the minute.

He''s really forcing the Hooper link so we must still be in for him. The other two positions were obvious but surely a couple of CMs are of a similar priority?[/quote]Would never have guessed any of that[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]In other news today will be followed by tonight.[/quote]

But tomorrow never comes!

Further to Mr Nursey''s post, McNally is working hard on these??? Would be disappointed if our CEO was doing anything else but working hard, that''s why he gets good money!!

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]That crossed my mind too. I would''ve thought he was sitting on his rear doing very little while his things to do tray was mounting up.[/quote]

It would not surprise me at all if McNally was not currently involved in transfer dealings as I am told he is fully occupied with a project in conjunction with the Holiday Inn with regard to extra seating on balconies in front of the hotel rooms. [;)]

Who knows?! However, I would find it a big misjudgement going into the new season without a new centre mid, bought to go straight into the side. There were so many games where we were over-run in midfield this season. Retention of possession is something we need to improve on as we develop from the gung-h0 side we were in our first premiership season.

Bradley Johnson had a good season, Howson ended the season well and Tettey had a good pre xmas. Fox isn''t going to get a look in. Big question marks next to all of those still I would say...

Absolutely agree Yorkshire. It is 7 days a week in professional sports.

It would be interesting to see if any of our current squad will be the subject to speculation. I cannot think that there are many yet that have been highlighted other than those we have highlighted earlier.

But if a player were to leave then we can move on more quality. Winger, striker and left back... We need some quality in the centre of midfield.... I an see that some players will leave to another club and it would be great to get a fee for one of our players right now.

Surman, fox, butterfield are all players whose time will diminish as will Elliot Bennetts.

Just loving the summer of anticipation.

There are rumors in Sweden that City are interested in the Swedish international AM/Striker Ola Toivonen and are willing to match PSV''s offer of 40m kronor, which is just under £4m, which, on the face of it, would seem a bargain considering his scoring rate. Can play as a striker or AM, as can RvW, so what a combination that could be! What the hell, let''s go the full £4m!

Before anyone asks, the source is said to be "informed subjective data to SportExpressen.se", so make of that what you will! Here is the link:

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/premier-league/norwich-ger-sig-in-i-kampen-om-toivonen/

Of course anyone who watched Norwich last season wold know that CM is now number one priority after signing Ricky.

Sadly all Nursey seems to do is rehash old rumours, what next CMS ?

I can see Hooper coming but really don''t see him and Ricky playing together, this Toivonen seems a better fit to me versatile  a striker or AM.

I personally hope that the idea of some swap deal Hooper/Holt doesn''t come to anything as I would rather have a season where Holt

Was gradually replaced rather than going into the season with no tried and tested strikers.

Bored now would like something to start happening, unlikely to start believing this particular hack has anything more than hot air.