Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Mick Dennis

I actually just bumped into Defoe in the McDonald''s on A47 at swaffham and I''m pleased to confirm he has quite an appetite because he purchased a large Big Mac meal, double cheese burger and 2 apple pies.

Don''t know where the little man puts it all really.

Based on this I''d say the likelihood of him signing for us is pretty good given his location and his obvious taste for our local food stuffs.

Huddlestone, Livermore, Rose, Naughton, Parker

all good players and I think attainable

Wouldn''t want Rose, didn''t impress me when I saw him last season. He''s ok going forward but not great defensively and not strong enough either.

Livermore is ok, but needs experience, is he really what we need? Another relatively unproven midfielder?

Huddlestone - yes.

Naughton - yes but unlikely, got quite a bit of game time this season and right full back is not somewhere we need extra players as a matter of priority.

Parker - yes, but again unlikely. The only reason he would come to us is to get regular game time to get into the England team. Would he take a wage cut though? A return to West Ham would be more likely I think.

Any of Huddlestone, Rose, naughton and Parker would be very good signings in my opinion.

I have never seen anything in Jake Livermore''s performances to think he;s anything other than completely over hyped. Certainly against us last season Spurs bringing him on in the second half helped us immensely. i therefore would not been keen on signing him but then in fairness maybe i''ve just been watching the wrong games and missed his decent performances!

The most obvious options then are Huddlestone or Assou-Ekotto although it could be a curve ball like Parker or Naughton. Another suggestion, Siggurdson? Would be perfect for us IMO and isn''t getting too much game time at Spurs.

Why exactly can we trust Mick Dennis, again?

I mean, I know he holds several positions as a NCFC supporter (the Communities Sports Foundation and Supporters Trust) and he''s a sports journalist (and they''re always infallible), but I just don''t understand how he can be in the know.

The Spurs thing I can understand - many of us predicted it, one way or another. Hardly a revelation now, is it? But anything else?

"The most obvious options then are Huddlestone or Assou-Ekotto although it could be a curve ball like Parker or Naughton. Another suggestion, Siggurdson?"

Sorry but if you''re taking Mick Dennis at his word (and I do), then none of these is "obvious" because he said to look for someone leaving Spurs and none of these are at the moment. In the absence of any additional clarification, the only interpretation of what he tweeted is that we are interested in someone who has been released by Spurs.

Barthram, Jack Patrick - young RB, not required.

Bentley, David - No better than what we have.

Bostock, John - Woah, too risky.

Gallas, William - Too old.

Munns, Jack Frederick - young (under 21) AM.

Nicholson, Jake Charlie - young (under 21) DM.

Probably, IMHO, one of Munns or Nicholson and I would opt for Munns.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

"The most obvious options then are Huddlestone or Assou-Ekotto although it could be a curve ball like Parker or Naughton. Another suggestion, Siggurdson?"

Sorry but if you''re taking Mick Dennis at his word (and I do), then none of these is "obvious" because he said to look for someone leaving Spurs and none of these are at the moment. In the absence of any additional clarification, the only interpretation of what he tweeted is that we are interested in someone who has been released by Spurs.

[/quote]
Huddlestone and Assou-Ekotto have both been told they can leave the club! So i would say you are wrong and it could be one of these two, I actually think one of these two is the most likely option, not sure why we would go for anyone on that already released list.

Season''s over, some people on here are living in cuckoo land...!

Defoe, get f-ing real, Parker no way,...even the others are unlikely imo

Assou Ekotto is on his way to Fenerbahce (Champions League football and 15% top tax rate make that one particularly attractive). It''s pretty much a done deal as far as I understand from the Turkish media and a few people I know in the Fener fans with a good inside track on club business. Not been announced to the stock exchange yet though as far as i know so can''t be done yet (Turkish clubs listed on the stock exchange like Fener and Galla have to announce their business on the stock exchange, and they normally do it pretty soon after deals are completed, within an hour or so.)

So it seems the player we are mostly likely to be after from Spurs is Huddlestone. Not sure what to make of this, potentially a good player but gone off the boil recently

Pricey, I wasn''t aware of that. Clearly, anyone who is leaving Spurs would come within the possibles category.   If Morrison is right then I agree that Huddlestone would be a welcome addition. 

I still think Huddleston would be a great signing for us. A ball player who scores goals. Over the years we have has some good players from Spurs who have been surplus to their requirements eg Bowen,Crook, Culverhouse and more recently Naughton on loan. Fitness may be an issue but someplayers get injured more regularly when they are not playing all the time, he would get a lot of game time for us

Huddlestone would be a brilliant addition to our squad. It would be a welcome change to have a midfielder with such a range of passing.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Pricey, I wasn''t aware of that. Clearly, anyone who is leaving Spurs would come within the possibles category.   If Morrison is right then I agree that Huddlestone would be a welcome addition. [/quote]
Agreed, i think i would prefer Hudlestone anyway, need an upgrade on Tettey and someone to compete with Bradders.
I honestly think anyone Hughton signs from Spurs will be a success (ignoring Kane), he knows the majority of those players better than he does his current batch!

It would be good if CH managed to regain the magic in the lad but he has been a spectacular failure at every club he was loaned to. Too much of a risk for me.

Yep, reckon Bostock is as good a bet as anyone.

Long ago touted as the next big thing, career has stalled and gone backwards since-but still must have something about him. On a free would seem low to zero risk.

Bentley might be the curveball.

Would love it to be Huddlestone mind.

Personally I don''t see the point in players like bostock when we have ''potential'' in the squad. I think we need players that can come straight into the first 11.

Huddlestone/Bentley/Rose/Assou-ekotto all linked with moves away and would all have a role in the first team squad

Huddlestone has too many injury problems for him to be considered a good signing. Bentley has gone up in my estimations after playing in Russia last season, it at least shows a bit of desire to play and improve, however right wing really isn''t a position Norwich need to strengthen.

Personally I think Mick Dennis is taking a little stab in the dark - guessing Hughton will shop at Tottenham due to his connections. The only player I could see leaving the club and Norwich having potential to sign is Jake Livermore - don''t think this would be a bad signing, Livermore has certainly shown some potential over the last two season but don''t think he would be that much better than Howson or Johnson.

Rose knows he can command a regular starting place in, at least , a lower mid table Prem team, so I seriously doubt it would be us with Garrido No 1

Bentley? I''m not so sure about him anymore. Where do people see his best position, and would it be enough to play more, than not?

Huddlestone, I like a lot. Re the Bentley argument, I can see him playing a lot, as long as the injury/medical situation would be sorted , and of course it would be prior to any possible signing.

Bostock, no for me, for reasons already stated here. You never know though.............  

The squad is good, any players coming in should be better than we have in that position.

Weve got a cup winning team full of players with promise.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]The squad is good, any players coming in should be better than we have in that position.

Weve got a cup winning team full of players with promise.[/quote]IMO only Naughton would fit that bill.

What about Siggurdson? He doesnt look happy and was rumoured to have nearly gone in the last window. He would fit the bill in terms of the attacking (and goal scoring) midfielder that RVW let out of the bag.

I would see Huddlestone as a good signing but only if he get''s his hair cut!! (Before the PC brigade have a go , yes I know he''s doing it for charity)!

[quote user="priceyrice"]
I honestly think anyone Hughton signs from Spurs will be a success (ignoring Kane), he knows the majority of those players better than he does his current batch!
[/quote]eh !he left Spurs in Oct 2007 ...... the same month as Peter Grant left us !would anyone claim that Peter Grant knows the majority of City players better than he knows the players he is currently with ?