Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Its only that Moose chap so probably rubbish but he's linking Holt with Celtic today

Which is interesting as based on previous tweets I think he does seem to have contacts in and around the Holt camp.

If there is any truth in it this could be the thing that finally unlocks the Hooper deal. I can see Holty fancying a couple of years winning things in Scotland, playing in Europe and presumably being able to commute more easily from Carlisle.

I would definitely have mixed feelings at losing him though. Club legend and a huge presence in our dressing room. That said maybe its the right time all round and if we are to progress as a club we have to be unsentimental about moving on.

I actually thought that if the rumoured offers of around 5 mil were there, we should have sold last season. This in no way was a bad reflection on Holt, merely my own view that he would have diminshing returns for us going forwards despite his excellence for the previous few seasons.I think Holt himself wanted to move then as well, but it didn''t happen (again, no actual facts, just opinion).If there''s a decent offer from Celtic (I''m guessing Hooper will be involved), then I think it may work best for all parties. Something like 2-3 mil plus Holt in exchange for Hooper would be my guess, but we''ll have to wait and see on this one.Still not convinced about Hooper either, but going forwards may be more useful to us overall, even if Holt will always be an NCFC legend.

Not surprising, it adds up but probably just putting 2 and 2 together.  In fact, I posted that this deal could happend a few months ago and I dont have any links to the club.  Its fairly easy to work out, we want Hooper, Holt wants to be closer to home and rumoured to want out, it works for all parties.

The only sad thing if it is true, is that the Holt bashers will finally feel vindicated that he will have moved on.   But if he does go it will be as a club legend to most people, as responsible for our rise in fortune perhaps even  more  than Lambert.   Plus I think he would be missed more for his character and his attitude around the club and as club captain.   People used to describe Steve Bruce as a one man team.  Different though Holt is,  he has been - and still is - imo, the most influential player we have ever had.     His first competitive game (the 1-7 [:(] )  he shone out as the one player who wouldn''t give up and  his performances and  goals from then on have been legendary.  Even last season when yet again he was singled out for fierce criticism by some - he stuck to the task and saw us through the sticky patch.  If he stays I think he will surprise us all yet again. With the support of a really able striker and a little more quality from midfield he could once again be the main man and a foil for RVW. 

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Not surprising, it adds up but probably just putting 2 and 2 together.  In fact, I posted that this deal could happend a few months ago and I dont have any links to the club.  Its fairly easy to work out, we want Hooper, Holt wants to be closer to home and rumoured to want out, it works for all parties.[/quote]

If he goes do we get our rebate back?+interest  

Moose is full of s**t. Didn''t he spend all of last summer saying Holt to West Ham was certain to happen? I think he even claimed it was a done deal at one point!

Am I the only one who doesn''t want Hooper?

I really don''t think he is the quality we need...

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]A deal that could make everyone happy[/quote]

Err?............not me Yorkshire, I have no desire to see Holt go anywhere and be replaced by an unproven Hooper (at our level)

Holt has been fundamental to our success over the last four years. In the last couple of games, and following the change in tactics, he reminded the Holt doubters what he is capable of producing. I''d welcome Hooper to augment our striking options but we should retain Holt.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The only sad thing if it is true, is that the Holt bashers will finally feel vindicated that he will have moved on.   But if he does go it will be as a club legend to most people, as responsible for our rise in fortune perhaps even  more  than Lambert.   Plus I think he would be missed more for his character and his attitude around the club and as club captain.   People used to describe Steve Bruce as a one man team.  Different though Holt is,  he has been - and still is - imo, the most influential player we have ever had.     His first competitive game (the 1-7 [:(] )  he shone out as the one player who wouldn''t give up and  his performances and  goals from then on have been legendary.  Even last season when yet again he was singled out for fierce criticism by some - he stuck to the task and saw us through the sticky patch.  If he stays I think he will surprise us all yet again. With the support of a really able striker and a little more quality from midfield he could once again be the main man and a foil for RVW. 

[/quote]I thought it was Cody who didn''t give up that day..... [:''(]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]The only sad thing if it is true, is that the Holt bashers will finally feel vindicated that he will have moved on.   But if he does go it will be as a club legend to most people, as responsible for our rise in fortune perhaps even  more  than Lambert.   Plus I think he would be missed more for his character and his attitude around the club and as club captain.   People used to describe Steve Bruce as a one man team.  Different though Holt is,  he has been - and still is - imo, the most influential player we have ever had.     His first competitive game (the 1-7 [:(] )  he shone out as the one player who wouldn''t give up and  his performances and  goals from then on have been legendary.  Even last season when yet again he was singled out for fierce criticism by some - he stuck to the task and saw us through the sticky patch.  If he stays I think he will surprise us all yet again. With the support of a really able striker and a little more quality from midfield he could once again be the main man and a foil for RVW. 

[/quote]I thought it was Cody who didn''t give up that day..... [:''(][/quote]The Highlight feature works well on here..... [8-)]

[quote user="SYG"]Am I the only one who doesn''t want Hooper? I really don''t think he is the quality we need...[/quote]

No I think most of us don''t rate him at all, he is a lg 1 player, ay Least Holt has scored goals in all E.F.Ls

League 1 player? Given that he''s scored plenty in the Championship you sound pretty stupid. I have a feeling we''ll be getting him so I''m looking forward to you being proved wrong.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="SYG"]Am I the only one who doesn''t want Hooper? I really don''t think he is the quality we need...[/quote]

No I think most of us don''t rate him at all, he is a lg 1 player, ay Least Holt has scored goals in all E.F.Ls

[/quote]

He hadn''t before he came to us. Did you say at the time that we shouldn''t sign Holt?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]Yeah OK Pete, I forgot when he played for Scunthorpe in the Championship, or when he scored goals for Celtic in the Champions League.  A league 1 player indeed LOL.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Moose is full of s**t. Didn''t he spend all of last summer saying Holt to West Ham was certain to happen? I think he even claimed it was a done deal at one point![/quote]I believe it was very close, as in passed a medical and agreed personal terms in principal.  Some could say he used it to get NCFC to get that 3 year deal on the table pronto.

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Moose is full of s**t. Didn''t he spend all of last summer saying Holt to West Ham was certain to happen? I think he even claimed it was a done deal at one point![/quote]I believe it was very close, as in passed a medical and agreed personal terms in principal.  Some could say he used it to get NCFC to get that 3 year deal on the table pronto.[/quote]

Wouldn''t be surprised if McNally was determined to get him out of the door this summer, after his antics last year.