Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

FACT!

As the title suggests... What is your best footballing fact! Or at least one you thought was one...

1) Zidane was never caught offside in his whole entire career.

2) This post won''t last till the end of the day

3) Gary Lineker was never booked in his career.

Got any good ones lads?

1) Duncan Forbes was never sent off playing for Norwich (disclaimer: I think this is a fact - at least I''m fairly sure I read it).

2) There is a school in Scotland called Duncan Forbes Primary School! (I know this is a fact because I found it out when I googled ''Duncan Forbes'' trying to find out if the first ''fact'' was true or not)

Delia didn''t save Norwich!

(But she''s done a good job since.[;)] )

Port Vale is the only team name that does not exist as a place in the Football League!

Before anyone says Arsenal they are Woolwich Arsenal even though the Woolwich was dropped. The arsenal still exists.

Snake

Jose Luis Chilavert is the only goalkeeper to have recorded a hat trick in a competitive professional match.(Three penalties)The Scottish Cup tie between Falkirk and Inverness Caledonian Thistle in 1979 was postponed a whopping 29 times because of bad weather.Paulo Maldini has come second more times than any other player. he has a collection of 17 runners up medals including three Champions League finals, three Intercontinental/World Club Cups, two Coppa Italias, three Supercoppas, a UEFA Super Cup final, a World Cup, A European Championship and three league titles.[:(]

I''ve heard a few, not entirely 100% on their credibility though;

Brazil are the only country to have appeared at every single world cup tournament.

To rectify the post above, Hakan Sukur of Turkey currently holds the fastest world cup goal at 11 seconds.

Geoff Hurst only player to score a hat-trick in a world cup final (a feat I emulated on Fifa last night!)

Sir Stanley Matthews was never booked in his entire 33 years as a footballer.

The first ever televised match was at Highbury.

Pele is the only player to win three world cups.

Vinnie Jones has the record for the quickest booking in a top flight match - 3 seconds.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Norwich City ............... are still the only English club to beat Bayern Munich in a European cup competition in Munich at the Olympic Stadium......[/quote]You forgot the last bit [;)]

In addition to the Arsenal match bring the first televised match it was Arsenal v Arsenal reserves.

An English manager has never won the Premier League

Englands Euro 2012 team was the only country where all players played in that countries domestic league.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Carrow Road is the lowest ground to sea level in the football league.[/quote]

.........which explains our poor away record over the years........

We are never acclimatised to altitude.

AJ - If you read my post I said "what was then the fastest goal in World Cup history"

ZVB - At the moment it is still "in Munich" as I do not believe Bayern have been beaten by an English team in their new stadium

TCCanary - You sure about that, as I believe that the Ippo ground is, like FCR 17 ft above sea level and that there are other grounds below this level

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Carrow Road is the lowest ground to sea level in the football league.[/quote]

.........which explains our poor away record over the years........

We are never acclimatised to altitude.

[/quote]

Perhaps we should do a pre-season tour of Snowdonia to acclimatise then?

In 1998, the Macclesfield mascot, Roary the Lion, was sent-off for

making obscene gestures during a players’ brawl in the match with

Lincoln City.

Am I missing something about Chelsea winning the Champs Lge there, maybe it is the subletry of the wording.

I do think that we need to move on from that though, it was a nice little trivia point at one stage but narrowing the scope could make us sound as though we are grasping at straws for un-needed recognition.

I prefer the last ever goal in front of the standing kop scored by Jeremy Goss, still recall that on MOTD when we were seen as big time party poopers.

Did you know that in The Forum there are...1,235 panes of glass in the building or 18,000 square meters - that''s equivalent to 3.5 football pitches

The ripple of a football net doesn''t echo - and scientists can''t figure out why.

Chris Kiwomya can walk up stairs - but not back down.

Jamie Shore is actually a type of dolphin.