Sign in to follow this  
Jacks Back

Ola Toivonen is 'Swedish Joey Barton'

Don''t want to ruin everyone''s excitement,  but i''ve seen several people saying he doesn''t exactly have a great reputation.  I watched a few videos of him on Youtube (like many other fans)  and some of his ''highlights'' were just him pushing people on the floor for no reason!Now I know his personality isn''t as significant as footballing abilities,  but is this the kind of person we want in the squad?  We''ve been so successful over the last 3 years partly because of the amazing team chemistry we had,  and we definitely don''t want that to change.  But if he scores a hat-trick on the first day of the season,  we probably won''t give two hoots about his personality. 

Does Grant Holt have a good reputation?

Yes city1st...

Thread 1) rumoured to be interested

Thread 2) put in a bid

Thread 3) background info

You should know how it works on here by now!

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Yes city1st...

Thread 1) rumoured to be interested

Thread 2) put in a bid

Thread 3) background info

You should know how it works on here by now![/quote]Thread 4) Ola is crap and lazy.

Not forgetting Thread 4) Expert opinion on their ability from posters who have never seen them play.

When playing for Sweden tonight, Toivenon was scythed down in a crude tackle that got a yellow card, but he didn''t react, or play act as some do. He got up and got on with the job. Twitter comments and a YouTube clip are not enough to condemn a player, IMO.

What if Man Utd would have rejected Eric Cantona purely because of his bad boy reputation in earlier career back in France?

Thread 7) No Swedish player has scored a hat trick for us since that Hughton came here!

Hughton Out!

Thread 8) TITLE: TOIVONENPOST:Sorry if this has already been posted but I have heard we are interested in signing a player called Ole Gunner Toivenen (I believe?). A friend of a friend of a friend who traded his wife for a camel told me.  Just a heads up and sorry if it has already been posted.REPLY:It has been posted, why didn''t you check down the page.REPLY 2:Pete can you please merge threads.

Post 9 AKA the Leopold troll post.

Ola in Holt out. Despite him being an absolute legend I''ll be a dick and slag him off!

Thread 10) Chelsea have outbid us

Next post: oops, someone else just posted, Pete please merge thanks

Next post: yeah they have a good relationship with PSV as they loaned them 14 players last season

Thread 11) some grainy video of ola torvelndean scoring 59 goals against some team that is worse than Dereham town

Back in the days of Saunders, I was there, we wouldn''t have signed thugs like him. Some of you should do well to know that and remember the clubs history. Leopard out.

OP is not well informed imo. PSV supporters speak highly of him. I don''t think there''ll be any problem...comparing him to fù(£ing Barton is nonsense

ICF - are you saying RVW isn''t very good? (maybe not, but let''s see him play at least one PL game before deciding!)

Or maybe sometimes nobody outbids us because of other reasons, like the club wants to sell at a particular time at the right price to a cooperative and flexible buyer, or the player wants to come to us / is keen on a chance of 1st team action in the PL.