Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

12 months today Boys and Girls !!!!

As an England fan I can''t wait. Really excited to see what we can achieve.

Genuinley no interest in England. Hate watching overrated players wearing the wjite shirt just because they play for one of ''top'' sides. When on form players from lower teams are sat at home

[quote user="CDMullins"]Genuinley no interest in England. Hate watching overrated players wearing the wjite shirt just because they play for one of ''top'' sides. When on form players from lower teams are sat at home[/quote]

THIS

[quote user="CDMullins"]Genuinley no interest in England. Hate watching overrated players wearing the wjite shirt just because they play for one of ''top'' sides. When on form players from lower teams are sat at home[/quote]

Bang on. Welbeck and Carroll last year, combined goals = 8, same as Holt by himself and half that of Ricky Lambert, logically Holt and Lambert would have been called up right???

Of course not, they play for Norwich and Southampton, not Liverpool and United.

Spot on.  Smacks of our cricket sides of the 90s.  Dont play for Surrey, Lancs or Yorks? No chance.Once the selectors got their arses in shape we found better players in worse sides.I personally don''t think Holt was really an option.,,,,,wrong age for the World Cup really.  Lambert? Perhaps not.....but then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Welbeck: possibly the most overrated player in history.  How he can keep Hernandez out of the side is beyond me!Defoe: id have him in the squad every time.  Probably only as a sub though.Carroll: Worth a go.  Are there better about? Probably yes.  Better age? Probably not.Crouch: in the holt, lambert bracket but not in the same form.Sturridge: his inability to look up is astounding...yet he has been in good form.  Maybe a decent coach to get him to pull his head out of his arse and we have a starter.who else?Hooper: "mickey mouse" leagueetc etc....Good couple of articles on the Brazil W.C over on the Guardian site today....well worth a read.Have had it pencilled in as have mates in Sao Paolo, but honestly id rather go watch the Copa Libertadores than that overpriced media-circus bore fest.  Having said that i really hope it proves everyone wrong.  Have never seen anything come close to the kind of passion for football that South Americans have.  Pity only the rich Brazilians can get tickets

[quote user="CDMullins"]Genuinley no interest in England. Hate watching overrated players wearing the wjite shirt just because they play for one of ''top'' sides. When on form players from lower teams are sat at home[/quote]Spot on.[Y]

[quote user="Herman "]As an England fan I can''t wait. Really excited to see what we can achieve.[/quote]

Out in the best 16 on penalties against Uruguay.

On second thought: Spain were constant underachievers for decades, until they started to win everything. So who knows?

Genuinely every interest in England. I''ve been to 3 world cups and 2 Euro''s, It''s great being part of the ''barmy army'' meeting people like myself and getting the low down on their home clubs. If we get there, I will probably go, as it''s a long time since I''ve visited Brazil.Yes, the team will probably let us down and the players never seem to have their heart in it, but the fans always have a good time !

I will check myself later, but any idea when tickets are on sale/applications/whatever? Would love to go to the World Cup.