Sign in to follow this  
rich69snake

Midfielders!!!

Hi There

I must applaud the brisk way our great club is bolstering the strike force, but what type of who should we be looking at in the middle of the park???

[quote user="rich69snake"]But he plys his trade up front.[/quote]
No he doesn''t. He can play as an AM or up front. I think he''s better played in the Hoolahan spot myself but that''s only speaking from limited viewings of him.

Just hoping that next season if we are buying good quality strikers that they are complimented with the same from the centre of the park.

We do have a lot of central midfielders in the team at the moment and I doubt we will be making any big signings to add to them: Tettey, Johnson, Howson, Hoolahan. If we were to bring another in I would guess that we would be looking to offload one or more of the not so favoured players- Surman, Butterfield, Fox.Have been rumours of Harry Arter from Bournmouth and Liam Bridcutt from Brighton. Also there was a rumours a month ago about Norwich making a move for Porto CM Defour but that''s died down now

Some interesting names there however I do feel we need a good attacking winger similar to the snodgrass type of player,  for me bennett doesn''t cut it and I have my doubts about Pilks.

Expect 4 or 5 under-21s (including 2 CMs) to come in this Summer who will get a dozen or so EPL games, the Development games and Cup games in preparation for the 2014/15 season when there will be a massive clear out.

Strange to see people leaving Pilkington out of the ''Midfielder'' bracket. Surely one of our best players when fully fit?

I do wonder if we may one of the clubs involved in the bidding for Raoul Loe from Osasuna. Seems to fit the bill, available on the cheap, good age, powerful CM and we have the Bassong/Cameroon connection.... If we are in for Toivonen then I can''t see us shelling out huge amounts for a CM too as we will want to keep some powder dry for January.The fact McNally hasn''t denied Toivonen says to me we probably are in for him as he normally moves to quash speculation on Twitter. One news source reported we''d given them a "no comment, we don''t comment on transfer speculation" re: Toivonen. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8771043/Transfer-news-Osasuna-midfielder-Raoul-Loe-wanted-by-several-English-clubs

I''m still interested to see if the Bridcutt link goes anywhere. Clearly looks a decent prospect

Lets not write off Butterfield, he is still only 22 and is a great prospect for the future.  He needs game time though so another loan deal may suit.

What a team Norwich maybe assembling together!! Ola Toivnnen, Ricky VanWolfswinkel and now ''favorites'' to secure the signature of Gary Hooper. Including what we have already, Snodgrass, Pilkington and Hoolahan (maybe Holt). It''s a squad which is guaranteed goals. I don''t see midfielders being a priority after having a choice between 4 midfielders which could start a match.

Johnson started the most games for us last season, Butterfield is only 22, Howson started showing his potential, Tetty''s pretty solid too. As for Bridcutt, I would love to see him sign for us, but I can''t see him being a priority until after we''ve signed Hooper or Redmond.

But you never know with Norwich and that''s what is great about it. Next week we could sign another player who I''ve never heard of or speculated about, and to be honest, I wouldn''t have it any other way.

I like Johnson ay but if we are to move up a gear we have to have defensive midfielders who can pass out of defence better. So we need to get someone in inthis position.

Huddlestone or Nzhonzi both fit the bill, and then a left back, left winger and another forward