Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Ed Balls

So now thanks to the heroic Alex Jones (who certainly isn''t just a "shock jock" showman, who has become hugely successful in manipulating his followers into believing all his stories and consequently investing in his vast array of  merchandise, presumably making him a very wealthy man) we now know our celebrity fan Ed Balls is part of the New World OrderSurely therefore we can use his new found influence in world affairs to sign players of a higher quality thanJoey BartonMarlong KingCharlie AustinI''m sure with Mr Balls, who will shortly be given the title "supreme world economist of the entire planet", in the new world government we will shortly see Norwich bringing in 5 star players and becoming the most successful footballing side of all time ever.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FoUXzhuzkQ (Here''s the video if you haven''t seen it)This post may have been sarcastic.

Ed Balls - The man i wouldn''t trust with a fiver..........................

................................................................of someone else''s money.

Ed Balls the NCFC fan who certainly has not heard of the word prudence and even less so understands what it means.

Give me Ed Balls anyday over George ''I haven''t got a clue'' Osborne.

His slogan for the next election is going to be: ''Vote for me - I''ll give you a recession every year.''

Ed Balls - snout in the trough, with his wife Yvette Cooper...

In May 2009, it was revealed that together with her husband they ''flipped'' the designation of their second home three times in a 24-month period, despite being warned several times by expenses officials that their claims were duplicated or inaccurate

..... has just cost Liebore the next election by suggesting he will freeze the state pension for three years.....  genius !!

Knew it wouldn''t be long before you turned up Paul Moy.

Osborne has already cost your mob the next election by laying waste to the British economy ever since he''s been in power.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Ed Balls-Up, what a shame he besmirches our club by being a fan. A useless tw*t![/quote]

At least he''s not bluescum...

[+o(]

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Give me Ed Balls anyday over George ''I haven''t got a clue'' Osborne.

His slogan for the next election is going to be: ''Vote for me - I''ll give you a recession every year.''[/quote]

Err, presumably you''re not going to be at Davos anytime soon.

In case it''s escaped your attention Thirsty Lizard, we''re still in the recession (nay depression) caused by the last Labour Government.

Frankly anyone who even considers voting for that fiscally irresponsible band of fools needs to book themselves in for a lobotomy ASAP.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]In case it''s escaped your attention Thirsty Lizard, we''re still in the recession (nay depression) caused by the last Labour Government.

Frankly anyone who even considers voting for that fiscally irresponsible band of fools needs to book themselves in for a lobotomy ASAP.[/quote]I did try, but after Gove and Hunt finished with the NHS my lobotomy can apparently only by completed by a work experience student during their "lightweight" 36-hour shift.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Give me Ed Balls anyday over George ''I haven''t got a clue'' Osborne.

His slogan for the next election is going to be: ''Vote for me - I''ll give you a recession every year.''[/quote]You must have missed the recession under Labour...

Funnily enough I was chatting to Ed on the phone the other day and I mentioned this debate about the hotel in the corner to see if he had a solution. And he said:"It''s simple. All the club needs to do is..."At that point, sadly my train went into a tunnel so I never did hear what the answer was, and Ed has been incommunicado at the Bilderberg summit ever since.

His slogan for the next election is going to be: ''Vote for me - I''ll give you a recession every year.''[/quote]

I think Ed Balls has something against pensioners. I remember hearing his justification for Gordon Brown''s raid on private pension schemes was along the lines of ''we were advised that there were a lot of problems mounting for the pensions sector anyway''. So obviously creating another problem was no big deal...

What will all his other balls ups in the treasury, God forbid he ever has any input on Norwich''s finances.

TBH i don''t think i will be votingh for any of them at the next election as none of them really know what they are doing but Ed doesn''t even convince himself when he opens his mouth.If him and Miliband are in charge next time, we will be bankrupt within a year and there will be no money for anything. We are completely at the behest of those who are lending the government money to fund its deficit.

If Labour get in they won''t bankrupt the country, because we already are. What they will do is backtrack on their policies very rapidly until they look indistinguishable from the Tories.

The reality is that the government have very little economic power, & modern democracy ensures that the middle ground status quo is maintained (albeit with a lot of shouting from both ends of the political spectrum).

This could all change if other countries decide to call in their debts, however.

Yes Ron[Y]

Sadly it makes no difference and nothing would have been very different whichever party had been in the driving seat for the past 10 years. We are on auto-pilot!

As mentioned governments can no longer dictate much in the way of economic policy because so many multinational companies are now far more wealthy and powerful than governments of most countries.

[quote user="whoareyou"]TBH i don''t think i will be votingh for any of them at the next election as none of them really know what they are doing but Ed doesn''t even convince himself when he opens his mouth.If him and Miliband are in charge next time, we will be bankrupt within a year and there will be no money for anything. We are completely at the behest of those who are lending the government money to fund its deficit.[/quote]Well, it''s the Bank of England who are printing billions through quantitative easing who are purchasing the government bonds that are keeping us going. If we were in the Euro we would truly be in a mess as we would have to borrow from the ECB as the likes of  Greece are doing.  We will all pay though via the knock-on side-effects of inflation in the long-run. 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="whoareyou"]TBH i don''t think i will be votingh for any of them at the next election as none of them really know what they are doing but Ed doesn''t even convince himself when he opens his mouth.

If him and Miliband are in charge next time, we will be bankrupt within a year and there will be no money for anything.

We are completely at the behest of those who are lending the government money to fund its deficit.
[/quote]

Well, it''s the Bank of England who are printing billions through quantitative easing who are purchasing the government bonds that are keeping us going. If we were in the Euro we would truly be in a mess as we would have to borrow from the ECB as the likes of  Greece are doing.  We will all pay though via the knock-on side-effects of inflation in the long-run. 
[/quote]

The bit in bold type should be moved to the ''MYTH'' thread.

Interesting comeback, but given the Government are committed to increasing health spending and Labour have said they would cut it, it is a strange choice. Having straight that I wouldn''t have Osbourne as a canary. I disagree with Ed''s politics but his football philosophy is spot on. How many other MP''s have dissed their rivals in a Parliamentary Debate.

The billions of £ the B of E are printing don''t come anywhere near to making up the deficits we currently have.

[quote user="whoareyou"]The billions of £ the B of E are printing don''t come anywhere near to making up the deficits we currently have.[/quote]

It certainly does.    375 Billion pounds committed so far.........  The deficit last year was around 160 Billion, so at that rate that''s roughly three years worth of deficits funded by QE.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15198789

It''s a shame Mr Balls and that grumpy old Mr Brown didn''t follow young master Osbourne''s wish (2006) that Britain should be more like the Celtic tiger economies of Iceland and Ireland.Less control and more lending was what he wanted.I wonder what happened to him ?