Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Hull make £4 mil bid for Hooper ..

[quote user="Prem1"]And you probably think RVW will be a goal machine because he has a foreign name and cost £8.5 million . Every chance he could fail at Prem level just like Hooper in fact I would say more so.[/quote]Did I mention anything about RVW at all? Nope.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Or that because Celtic have a far better squad than everyone else they

were able to share the goals around?  The fact that the majority of

Celtic fans didn''t want him to leave in Jan tells you all you need to

know.Have you watched Hooper play?I just do not

understand why some of our fans are so willing to write him off?  If he

was called Garibayo Nhooper who''d scored 30 goals last season in some

foreign league everyone would be wetting themselves with excitement.[/quote]When have the ''majority of fans'' ever wanted their highest scorer to leave? And you saying that doesn''t equate to "Fact". Nonsensical point.On closer inspection Hooper only managed 6 assists in the league as well. So 5th top scorer and level 15th top on assists, in a team that dominated a weak league while scoring a shed load of goals.I was merely backing up the previous statement that he wasn''t even the best striker in Scotland last season, you can jump to assumptions if you want, but I think there''s much better value out there.

The reason why I am more excited by rvw than. Sme English prospects or hooper is due to his development.

Trained with great teams and developed in two leagues.

Hooper from grays and then developed under other youth schemes not on par with rvw.

H is technically more gifted, he is a better player, he has a higher pedigree due to his development. Hooper may be developing and a good striker but the pedigree of rvw is by far an away in a different league.

He is a massive marquee signing and one that I cannot wait to grace carrow road. I certainly want to see more top class individuals from Europe in our team. We are noticing that the home grown talent is not developing much further this season than the season prior.

I am very happy with European talent.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Would rather Hooper to Toivonen personally. Toivonen wont wanna give his all for us I feel.[/quote]
Why? You may be right but nothing I have read so far suggests this may be an issue. 

Just guy feeling more than anything tbh, could be completely wrong. Strikes me as a player who believes he belongs at a bigger club though and doesn''t seem the nicest of guys.

[quote user="smooth"]He is a massive marquee signing and one that I cannot wait to grace carrow road.[/quote]

He may be a massive flop too. Too many times over the years fans have had huge expectations about new signings, only to be left deflated after a few games. If he doesn''t score in the first four or five games, fans will soon be screaming for a Grant Holt recall. We''re a fickle bunch......

" do we need 5 strikers vying for 2 places?"

one place, more like

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Just guy feeling more than anything tbh, could be completely wrong. Strikes me as a player who believes he belongs at a bigger club though and doesn''t seem the nicest of guys.[/quote]

I have to say from reading the little that he has said, I feel the same. I just get the impression he''ll be complaining if things arnt set up to suit him with all the comments about long balls, if he''s comming to this country he better get used to it as unless he goes to one of about three teams he''s likely to be expected to challenge for a few odd long ball every game. Still might be wrong and I don''t really know much about him as a player so he could turn out to be amazing.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Bid rejected being reported by SSN[/quote]

If 4 million has been rejected than I hope our interest has cooled. A year left on his contract and the player wants to leave anything over 3 million is too much.[/quote]

You''re not serious, surely? You can''t think £3m is the going rate for a proven goalscorer in British football who has several years left of playing time and a whole year to run on his contract? And I would be surprised if Hull are the only one of the promoted clubs to be interested in Hooper, let alone other PL clubs, even if we are not.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Bid rejected being reported by SSN[/quote]

If 4 million has been rejected than I hope our interest has cooled. A year left on his contract and the player wants to leave anything over 3 million is too much.[/quote]

You''re not serious, surely? You can''t think £3m is the going rate for a proven goalscorer in British football who has several years left of playing time and a whole year to run on his contract? And I would be surprised if Hull are the only one of the promoted clubs to be interested in Hooper, let alone other PL clubs, even if we are not.

[/quote]

Completely serious. The guy is seriously overrated and would be a huge gamble. We''ve already taken a gamble on RVW, we simply can''t afford another.

I don''t see is spending more than 3-4 million on any single player now. We still need another 3-4 players.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Completely serious. The guy is seriously overrated and would be a huge gamble. We''ve already taken a gamble on RVW, we simply can''t afford another.

I don''t see is spending more than 3-4 million on any single player now. We still need another 3-4 players.[/quote]

You might be right that he is overrated. I have no idea, having never seen him play. But that is not the point. You said his market value was no more than £3m. Based on age, time left on contract and his scoring record at good levels of football, it is well above £3m. He will go for comfortably more than that.

well I mean... we have had a confirmed bid of 4.7m GBP accepted for a player, so there goes the theory on that.

if our rumoured budget was true (around 30m, with RVW coming out of last seasons) then we could afford do spend 3m on 10 players, or even 6m on 5 :o

lincoln canary wrote - "I don''t see is spending more than 3-4 million on any single player now. We still need another 3-4 players."

Clueless as always.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]lincoln canary wrote - "I don''t see is spending more than 3-4 million on any single player now. We still need another 3-4 players."

Clueless as always.[/quote]

Antagonistic...... as always.

4 players at 4 million each is 16 million. We''re not going to spend more than this. So which bit is clueless?

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]lincoln canary wrote - "I don''t see is spending more than 3-4 million on any single player now. We still need another 3-4 players."

4 players at 4 million each is 16 million. We''re not going to spend more than this. So which bit is clueless?[/quote]

Actually I see no reason why we won''t spend 16 million, that''s not far off what we spent in previous transfer windows when you do the maths, I''d imagine our transfer kitty is close to 25 million if you include agent fees

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]lincoln canary wrote - "I don''t see is spending more than 3-4 million on any single player now. We still need another 3-4 players."

4 players at 4 million each is 16 million. We''re not going to spend more than this. So which bit is clueless?[/quote]

Actually I see no reason why we won''t spend 16 million, that''s not far off what we spent in previous transfer windows when you do the maths, I''d imagine our transfer kitty is close to 25 million if you include agent fees[/quote]

Factor in the RVW fee and it takes it up to about 25million.

This balde has loads of confidence in his own ability. For the price quoted I would have liked us to go for him instead of Hooper. He will no doubt own SPL also.

lincoln canary wrote - "Antagonistic...... as always.

4 players at 4 million each is 16 million. We''re not going to spend more than this. So which bit is clueless?"

£16m is your highest estimate, £9m would be your lowest.

We will spend more than £16m this summer and we will get more than four new players in.

If Hughton wants Hooper I wish we would determine what we think he''s worth 5m? and just put the bid in and not try to nail down every penny.If he is the man go and get him. I''m not suggesting wasting money but equally lets no lose him if its him we want!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]lincoln canary wrote - "Antagonistic...... as always.

4 players at 4 million each is 16 million. We''re not going to spend more than this. So which bit is clueless?"

£16m is your highest estimate, £9m would be your lowest.

We will spend more than £16m this summer and we will get more than four new players in.[/quote]

We shall have to wait and see then.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]lincoln canary wrote - "Factor in the RVW fee and it takes it up to about 25million."

Last season''s budget.[/quote]

What because McNally said so!?? Slightly gullible to believe that. And the fact that nobody knows what each seasons budget is makes it more sence to take statements like that with a pinch of salt.

[quote user="Alfie54"]If Hughton wants Hooper I wish we would determine what we think he''s worth 5m? and just put the bid in and not try to nail down every penny.If he is the man go and get him. I''m not suggesting wasting money but equally lets no lose him if its him we want![/quote]

I agree. Its time to stop messing about and if we want him and he wants to come (and we must be pretty confident he does if we bid again) make them a decent offer and leave him to make sure Celtic are sensible.

lincoln canary wrote - "What because McNally said so!?? Slightly gullible to believe that. And the fact that nobody knows what each seasons budget is makes it more sence to take statements like that with a pinch of salt. "

Why should we not believe it? Does McNally make a habit of pulling the wool over the eyes of the NCFC fans? That would be counterproductive don''t you think?

Opinion is split on this board as to how much success Hooper may or may not have in the EPL. I for one think he will be successful and we will seriously regret not getting him. Another dimension to this is if goes to Hull and comes off like Benteke did at Villa last season he may do enough to keep them up. Given this is the 3rd season in the EPL for us and we are debt free then in principle we should be able to  have a far bigger war chest than all 3 promoted clubs and other bottom half EPL clubs. We need to kick on and the difference in the odd million should not come into it if we really want a player, whilst accepting that we want value, but doesn''t everyone. I am not sure what the position is with the Swedish lad, his style of play is different to both Hooper and RVW and he can be utilised as an attacking midfielder. In any event we need a squad capable of coping with injuries, suspensions and loss of form which means we need 4 decent strikers. I do not think we will go into the new season with both Holt and Beccio albeit there is not reason why not. I think Holt will find it hard to take being down the pecking order and Beccio has not really been given a chance and  the future prospects for him here do not look good. I suspect he was a means to an end in getting rid of Morrison and was cover at the end of last season if anything happened to holt. Going back to Hooper if we want him lets go and get him and the likes of Hull should be way behind in the pecking order, a more established EPL club may provided harder completion. I cannot see us having a summer kitty of less that £25m with RVW having come out of last seasons