Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Hull make £4 mil bid for Hooper ..

According to Sky Sources. Think we''ll find out soon if we''re going to make an offer or not ..

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]According to Sky Sources. Think we''ll find out soon if we''re going to make an offer or not ..[/quote]

Agreed Manchester, but I doubt they''ll get him for that amount.

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]According to Sky Sources. Think we''ll find out soon if we''re going to make an offer or not ..[/quote]

they can have him

He won''t go there, if it gets accepted then that is a good sign for us because we know how much Celtic are willing to let him go for.

But he won''t go to Hull because there is too much of a risk of ending up at the level he could of made if he''d stayed at Scunthorpe. He will always want to be progressing and that would be a step backwards. That''s what I think anyway.

I''d still be gutted if we didn''t get Hooper.  I personally think he is more than good enough to score 15+ in the PL which alongside RvW would more or less guarantee success.  Not sure why some, especially someone who was so obsessed with Cody, thinks he isn''t worth buying.  You don''t score over 100 goals in the last 5 years if you don''t have something about you.

Anybody know where his family home is? Did he uproot to Glasgow or could it still be in the Humber area from his does with Scunthorpe. If so possibly a chance for Hull to land him.

Still not convinced that hooper is good enough for the prem, but there is only one way to find out.  He wasnt even the best striker in the SPL last year but if he is available for that sort of fee, then sign him up. 

If we have indeed made a bid for Toivonen, then I wonder if our interest has cooled.  We have RVW, Holt, Bechio and possibly Toivonen.  do we need 5 strikers vying for 2 places?

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]

Still not convinced that hooper is good enough for the prem, but there is only one way to find out.  He wasnt even the best striker in the SPL last year but if he is available for that sort of fee, then sign him up. 

If we have indeed made a bid for Toivonen, then I wonder if our interest has cooled.  We have RVW, Holt, Bechio and possibly Toivonen.  do we need 5 strikers vying for 2 places?

[/quote]

Holt wont be here next seaon.

[quote user="HerefordCanary"]He''s from Essex, his first club was Southend.[/quote]

Just looked on wikipedia, it was actually Grays Athletic, i thought he went there on loan from Southend

Maybe Hooper fitted the bill in January, but the signing of RVW probably means we''ve moved on to look at other types of  forward.  But if we do get him he wouldn''t necessarily get many games, as RVW looks to be the main man coming in.   If Holt and Becchio stay and he doesn''t immediately impress, he could be fourth striker in the pecking order.  The only way it would likely happen is if Holt fancies going to Celtic, but I have that feeling Holt still feels he has unfinished business here. Maybe better  to look elsewhere.  

I believe not getting Hooper would be a big mistake , for sticking the ball in the net i would put him above even RVW , people seem to get very carried away if a player has a foreign name .

[quote user="swindoncanary"]And other people get carried away with the standard of Scottish football, that''s why I don''t want him here. [/quote]That''s rubbish, I''ve not seen one person get carried away.  Hooper has scored goals in the Championship and Champions League as well - he''s a natural goalscorer.  I honestly can''t understand why people are so quick to write him off.

Simeon Jackson would score as many if not more than hooper in Scotland

Think we''ve dodged a bullet here

Reports in Scotland indicate that our interest has cooled. Let''s hope the Toivonen deal goes through.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="NCFCgardener"]

[/quote]

Holt wont be here next seaon.

[/quote]

Should read ----- "I don''t think Holt will be here next season"

I would honestly be amazed if Simeon scored anywhere near the amount of goals that Hooper has in Scotland?!I realise it''s all a good laugh to criticise the Scots but come on now....!!!Larsson, Sutton, Bellars...all good strikers and all scored for fun up there.  For all good strikers there are the flops, but Hoopers record for a poor Championship side, plus C.L games should be more than enough to put him above the likes of K.Boyd?!In the current climate 4-5 million would be a good deal.What would 4-5million but you south of the border? K.Jones (highly doubt it)? J.Walters? Or perhaps a top 6 championship striker that wasn''t setting the world alight lsat season (i.e not Austin or Rhodes). There are absolute cart horses going for that money these days.If we provide the service, he will score of that i have no doubt.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Reports in Scotland indicate that our interest has cooled. Let''s hope the Toivonen deal goes through.

[/quote]

I''m preparing myself for all the groans if both transfers go belly up.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]

[/quote]

Says who? You, I suppose!

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="NCFCgardener"]

[/quote]

Says who? You, I suppose!

[/quote]
To be fair... the stats back it up
Top scorers
NameGoals
Michael Higdon26
William McKay23
Leigh Griffiths23
Niall McGinn20
Gary Hooper19

Just to beef out those SPL stats a bit...

Player --Gls-- Team -- Pos -- GS -- Players % of team goals

Michael Higdon -- 26 -- Motherwell -- 2nd -- 67 -- 38.8%

Leigh Griffiths -- 23 -- Hibernian -- 7th -- 49 -- 46.9%

Billy McKay -- 23 -- Inverness -- 4th -- 64 -- 35.9%

Niall McGinn -- 20 -- Aberdeen -- 8th -- 41 -- 46.8%

Gary Hooper -- 19 -- Celtic -- 1st -- 92 -- 20.6%

Seems that if we are after a goal machine then Hooper really isn''t that man, and what other football attributes does he have that warrant £4 mill? I can''t think of many, we can move on from this one happily.

And you probably think RVW will be a goal machine because he has a foreign name and cost £8.5 million . Every chance he could fail at Prem level just like Hooper in fact i would say more so .

[quote user="Norwich '' R '' Us"]Just to beef out those SPL stats a bit...

Seems that if we are after a goal machine then Hooper really isn''t that man, and what other football attributes does he have that warrant £4 mill? I can''t think of many, we can move on from this one happily.[/quoteOr that because Celtic have a far better squad than everyone else they were able to share the goals around?  The fact that the majority of Celtic fans didn''t want him to leave in Jan tells you all you need to know.Have you watched Hooper play?I just do not understand why some of our fans are so willing to write him off?  If he was called Garibayo Nhooper who''d scored 30 goals last season in some foreign league everyone would be wetting themselves with excitement.

[quote user="Norwich R Us"]Just to beef out those SPL stats a bit...

Seems that if we are after a goal machine then Hooper really isn''t that man, and what other football attributes does he have that warrant £4 mill? I can''t think of many, we can move on from this one happily.[/quote]Or that because Celtic have a far better squad than everyone else they

were able to share the goals around?  The fact that the majority of

Celtic fans didn''t want him to leave in Jan tells you all you need to

know.Have you watched Hooper play?I just do not

understand why some of our fans are so willing to write him off?  If he

was called Garibayo Nhooper who''d scored 30 goals last season in some

foreign league everyone would be wetting themselves with excitement.