Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Pilks to Newcastle?

Just read this article about players odd to move on this summer;

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/transfer-probabilities-cavani-suarez-both-set-move-162117161.html

And at 4/5 was Pilks to Newcastle. Not seen any rumours about him leaving this summer, let alone to Newcastle. I know odds aren''t the most reliable source, and I''m not saying it''s happening, just I was a bit shocked to see his name in the list, and odds on!

" I know odds aren''t the most reliable source,"

They''re not a source at all! They''re just people putting money on something.

Come on GP, are you trying to catch a few people with that title?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Just read this article about players odd to move on this summer;

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/transfer-probabilities-cavani-suarez-both-set-move-162117161.html

And at 4/5 was Pilks to Newcastle. Not seen any rumours about him leaving this summer, let alone to Newcastle. I know odds aren''t the most reliable source, and I''m not saying it''s happening, just I was a bit shocked to see his name in the list, and odds on![/quote]It does make you wonder where they got this. Why are so many people betting on this, what do they know?But no chance, why would Pilks want to move down a level to the Toon?

But why would people be betting on Pilks to Newcastle when as far as I''m aware there haven''t even been any rumours linking him.

People normally put their money on when they hear something, which can be something. I''m not trying to catch anyone, or panic, just genuinely bemused at his name being so high up in the last/in it at all. That''s why I put a question mark in the title...

One of the most talented footballers on our books by far, would take a lot of money to think about letting him go, that''s for sure!

Those odds are exceptionally low, very strange. I just did a quick search and couldn''t find any links at all about this rumour. It does make you wonder where the money has been coming from, one would have to assume there are people in the know laying some money down.
I think it would take a huge price to sell him.
Now i think about it, didn''t someone post on a thread the other day a rumour that a friend of his overhead a phone call about a potential transfer for Pilkington. Sounded crap at the time, but perhaps it has some legs!

£20 million are you kidding me? I don''t think the question is whether they''ll meet our demands, its whether he''ll meet theirs.

He didn''t have the most sparkling of seasons this time out and lacks pace in a big way.

Just compare him to the Snod. If any of you think he''s at Snoddo''s level then you are frankly deluded.

As a young, promising player on the brink of international recognition, from todays prices I''d want a lot more than 5!

This is his profile from transfermarkt.co.uk

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/anthony-pilkington/profil/spieler_67322.html

They rate him at £4M

4 million is about right, we talk about inflated English prices all the time, 8 million etc being proposed by some on here is deluded.

I think 5 million would be a great bit of business. I also think pilky will have his ambitions it is not that we do not have to sell. If Newcastle came in with a bid and pilky''s agent was notified then we could have a similar issue that we had with holty last season.

I do not mind if we do sell a player or two, holty being one as I believe we can get replacements. But looking through this thread and seeing us inflate pilky''s value just proves to me why you do look to Europe. For players.

It means absolutely nothing. That article gets the odds from oddschecker.com but if you go to that website only one bookmaker is taking bets and it''s currently offering even money for Pilkington to Newcastle. Probably they started the betting at evens and no one has yet placed a bet. Or the market is so small for that bet that one guy placing a £5 bet moved the odds. Total non-story.

Found this while searching for info about Toivonen, comes from a PSV messageboard, from an Arsenal fan strangely enough (who can''t spell Hughton), of course is more than likely a load of ol s*it, but still, gives everyone something to talk about!

This morning I overheard someone on the phone whilst on holiday. He mentioned this transfer, as well as being confident that ''Pilks'' was staying. The club was interested in Livermore and apparently Chris (Hutton) is keen on Carroll. It took a while to work out who he represented but he was telling ''pilks'' to knuckle down and get ready for preseason at Colney. I can definitely see how the whole transfer rumour mill starts but it was fascinating to hear how they were chucking 6 or 7 mil around like it was nothing.

You think 4 million is a decent price for a 25-year old homegrown player who has scored 1 in 4 over the last two seasons in the Prem?

Err...

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''d value pilks around the 5 million mark. If Newcastle bid that I''m sure we''d consider it.[/quote]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAYou''re having a joke on us aren''t you?Add an extra £7-8m on that and then we might get somewhere.

[quote user="smooth"]4 million is about right, we talk about inflated English prices all the time, 8 million etc being proposed by some on here is deluded.

I think 5 million would be a great bit of business. I also think pilky will have his ambitions it is not that we do not have to sell. If Newcastle came in with a bid and pilky''s agent was notified then we could have a similar issue that we had with holty last season.

I do not mind if we do sell a player or two, holty being one as I believe we can get replacements. But looking through this thread and seeing us inflate pilky''s value just proves to me why you do look to Europe. For players.[/quote]So why have you not inflated Pilks price?

He''s a solid member of the squad who has contributed a decent share of our goals over the last 2 seasons.  Whatever we sold him for, we''d have to look at getting a replacement who is as good for the same or less money. 

We have no need to sell so to get him from us Newcastle would have to bid silly money, which they could, but at £4m there''d be no way it would be worth our while trying to find a replacement for that amount.  If you''re looking in the £8-£10m range then maybe it would.

Not saying Pilks is worth this, just that Newcastle would have to be offering that sort of amount to make it worthwhile for us to sell.

[quote user="The Pink''un Role Model"]It''s okay saying it''s only betting it mean nothing etc. However 4/5 does suggest there''s been a bit of money backing the move.

With these types of betting markets just a £100 bet could greatly affect the odds. So not worth reading into.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"]I''d value pilks around the 5 million mark. If Newcastle bid that I''m sure we''d consider it.[/quote]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAYou''re having a joke on us aren''t you?Add an extra £7-8m on that and then we might get somewhere.[/quote]

You think £13m! Lol. I think my estimation of his value is much more realistic. Your putting pilks nearly in the same bracket as Jesus Navas! He''s a fully fledged Spain international. Get real!

Yours is a more realistic price Lincoln but as we don''t need to sell, or necessarily want to, we can chuck on the extra few million, and see where it gets us.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"]I''d value pilks around the 5 million mark. If Newcastle bid that I''m sure we''d consider it.[/quote]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAYou''re having a joke on us aren''t you?Add an extra £7-8m on that and then we might get somewhere.[/quote]

You think £13m! Lol. I think my estimation of his value is much more realistic. Your putting pilks nearly in the same bracket as Jesus Navas! He''s a fully fledged Spain international. Get real!

[/quote]How long did Navas have left on his contract?Pilks has, two or three years left, which has to be paid off in the transfer fee, he''s a homegrown player, under 25, and when we signed him people said it was for £3.5m.  Pilks scoring record in the PL alone will add an extra £1-2m on his price.  A minimum of £10m and even then it''s a snip in the current market for homegrown players. 

Snod''s jockstrap wrote:

£20 million are you kidding me? I don''t think the question is whether they''ll meet our demands, its whether he''ll meet theirs.

He didn''t have the most sparkling of seasons this time out and lacks pace in a big way.

Just compare him to the Snod. If any of you think he''s at Snoddo''s level then you are frankly deluded.

The question is - why are Newcastle chasing Pilkington and not Snodgrass ?

Are they deluded ?

Why do some think Pilks lacks pace?

He really doesn''t... He gets past his man more than Bennett and Snod put together...