Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Best foreign line up for City

[quote user="YorkshireCanary"]Whitbread for askou, fugelstad on the bench.[/quote]KeeperSandy KennonBack fourSteen NeedergardAge HareideWhitbreadDennis Van WykeMidfieldMathias JonsonYoussif SafriMatty PattisonErrol CrossanStrikersDavid NeilsonMathias Svenssonsubs AnselinArturo LupiliJens Berthel AskouEric FugelstadThomas Helveg

So Canadians aren''t allowed. Neither are the not part of UK Ireland, but Whitbread who is basically a scouser who happened to be born in USA is allowed?

You have a very strange set of rules.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So Canadians aren''t allowed. Neither are the not part of UK Ireland, but Whitbread who is basically a scouser who happened to be born in USA is allowed?

You have a very strange set of rules.[/quote]

really ?if you were a City fan you would know where Crossan came from

............................. more so if you had bothered to read the thread

Sorry city 1st can''t say I ever saw sandy kennon play only being 27

Tony Warner played for Trinidad and Tobago

Crossan?

And I''ve read the whole thread.

Jim Brennan, the player you moaned at a poster for suggesting, is Canadian. He is from Canada. He played for Canada.

[quote user="City1st"]Gary Doherty is not foreign[/quote]He was born outside of the UK, has a passport from a non-UK country, and he played at International level for a country outside of the UK.  If that doesn''t make him foreign, what is the criteria?

The criteria was a lighthearted look at some of the foreign players who have come to play for Norwich city - in the context of the ongoing forum debates over Ola Toivenon.''The best'' .... was merely a means of looking at who did ok in various team position,s not a definitive list on my part - merely a means to get an innocent thread started, that''s all.The intention was not to engage in the usual squabbles from folk who don''t wish to join in the spirit of the thread (as with some saddos in a pub quiz want to spend their time in the loo looking up the answer of their phone).To clarify, a player who was born and grew up here or has spent his playing career in this country is not the ''furriner'' being suggested here. However I I am sure you are right (in your own minds) that a game of hunt the thimble is not really hunt the thimble if a thimble is not used.

City1st why are you ignoring the posts Bout Ireland? Do you think Ireland is part of UK?

Of you don''t want Irish players, fine, I can understand that. But you said non British/UK. And it''s not being pedantic saying Ireland is foreign, because they are. And they would be annoyed if you said they are not, and are in fact part of UK/GB.

Not Spanish enough:-)

Good call though. Probably on subs bench for me.

[quote user="GJP"]Leroy Lita?[/quote]errr

"............. a player who was born and grew up here or has spent his

playing career in this country
is not the ''furriner'' being suggested

here
"