Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Nostalgia time.

Great bit of footage this. And boy, it wasn''t just 1992/93 that we were right up there at the top of the league!

And this was NCFC''s first ever live televised match from Carrow Road...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJjOsyk50dA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I was there that night sitting in the south stand... such a shame that it is just not the same climate anymore. I remember throwing coins onto the pitch with everyone else for a laugh, that just doesn''t happen anymore. Leopard out.

Youngsters like you so often forget the old and good times like the klixen and drunkenness during the match. You wouldn''t have survived 10 seconds, because my fist would of been rammed through your colon for that type of attitude. Leopard out.

aaaahhh around the time of my earliest memories of football, that fosters kit was my first, dale gordon you farrrkin legend! trevor putney/flecky/phelan/townsend/sherwood/phillips/cully/bowen/jumpers for goalposts

that theme tune must have been embedded somewhere deep in the back of my brain as well

some funky damn mustaches there lol

some great stuff here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJMvPKLSgc

[quote user="Leopard"]Youngsters like you so often forget the old and good times like the klixen and drunkenness during the match. You wouldn''t have survived 10 seconds, because my fist would of been rammed through your colon for that type of attitude. [/quote]

not in the South Stand it wouldnt... you''d have been in the family enclosure... not chucking coins or punching people

Surely everybody is missing the key point here!  Whatever did happen to Elton Welsby?  He went from being at the top of presenting to apparently nothing now?[:^)]

A quick google brings up a ''link'' between Welsby (a father of 3) and Fred Talbot![:S]

[quote user="iron_stan"]aaaahhh around the time of my earliest memories of football, that fosters kit was my first, dale gordon you farrrkin legend! trevor putney/flecky/phelan/townsend/sherwood/phillips/cully/bowen/jumpers for goalposts

[/quote]
The shirt is not that dissimilar to the coming seasons, controversial, home shirt. Quite a bit of green in it. 

Interesting.  I think we won at Old Trafford that season.  I was there. Hughes missed a penalty (or was it McClair) and we won with late goals from Townsend and Phelan. 

It is also good to remind people that despite being an angry knob-jockey now, Townsend was a very good player for us. 

[quote user="iron_stan"]wasnt it near crown point ? cant really remember tbf
[/quote]

Half way up the hill, just over the bridge on the right hand side. remember seeing the players walking to the ground from there

[quote user="Leopard"]I was there that night sitting in the south stand... such a shame that it is just not the same climate anymore. I remember throwing coins onto the pitch with everyone else for a laugh, that just doesn''t happen anymore. Leopard out.[/quote]If you were there that night you will have missed the game because it was a 4pm afternoon K.O.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Leopard"]I was there that night sitting in the south stand... such a shame that it is just not the same climate anymore. I remember throwing coins onto the pitch with everyone else for a laugh, that just doesn''t happen anymore. Leopard out.[/quote]

If you were there that night you will have missed the game because it was a 4pm afternoon K.O.[;)]
[/quote]

Try to exercise caution, Ricardo. You''re too old to get your colon punched out.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Leopard"]I was there that night sitting in the south stand... such a shame that it is just not the same climate anymore. I remember throwing coins onto the pitch with everyone else for a laugh, that just doesn''t happen anymore. Leopard out.[/quote]

If you were there that night you will have missed the game because it was a 4pm afternoon K.O.[;)]
[/quote]

Try to exercise caution, Ricardo. You''re too old to get your colon punched out.

[/quote]

But of course Ricardo, should you happen to be scrapping around on the floor trying to pick up your colon, you could take advantage and pick up some coins at the same time...    [;)]

[quote user="vindo"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Leopard"]I was there that night sitting in the south stand... such a shame that it is just not the same climate anymore. I remember throwing coins onto the pitch with everyone else for a laugh, that just doesn''t happen anymore. Leopard out.[/quote]If you were there that night you will have missed the game because it was a 4pm afternoon K.O.[;)][/quote]

[/quote]

But of course Ricardo, should you happen to be scrapping around on the floor trying to pick up your colon, you could take advantage and pick up some coins at the same time...    [;)]

[/quote]Unfortunately I didn''t   "get what Jimmy Rimmer got".£24.67p in very small change I am told.[;)]