Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Pinkun App

The forum is like something from the early 2000s, so do you honestly think they could produce a decent app?

People love to moan about this site, but would never move from it to better produced sites because of it''s following.

We all know the issues with this site, no edit button, long down times, sub standard coding... However it isn''t going to change.

This website is the jewel in Archant Norfolk''s website crown and look at the funding it receives. For an industry with spiraling print costs and diminishing readers and advertising income it''s a surprise, but a fact of it.

In this case, leave it alone may have been the better option rather than produce something hideous, but ultimately... If you don''t like it, vote with your keyboard and don''t come back.

[quote user="JayNCFC"]People love to moan about this site, but would never move from it to better produced sites because of it''s following.

We all know the issues with this site, no edit button, long down times, sub standard coding... However it isn''t going to change.

This website is the jewel in Archant Norfolk''s website crown and look at the funding it receives. For an industry with spiraling print costs and diminishing readers and advertising income it''s a surprise, but a fact of it.

In this case, leave it alone may have been the better option rather than produce something hideous, but ultimately... If you don''t like it, vote with your keyboard and don''t come back.[/quote]I''ve got a donkey called Wilbur and you''ve just made him cry

I don''t use the app, but do just go on their mobile website m.pinkun.com and that works pretty well. Only get the main news and the forum, but thats pretty much all I use it for anyway...

[quote user="JayNCFC"]People love to moan about this site, but would never move from it to better produced sites because of it''s following.

In this case, leave it alone may have been the better option rather than produce something hideous, but ultimately... If you don''t like it, vote with your keyboard and don''t come back.[/quote]I think the point is they could get something far more effective for little to no investment.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="JayNCFC"]People love to moan about this site, but would never move from it to better produced sites because of it''s following. We all know the issues with this site, no edit button, long down times, sub standard coding... However it isn''t going to change. This website is the jewel in Archant Norfolk''s website crown and look at the funding it receives. For an industry with spiraling print costs and diminishing readers and advertising income it''s a surprise, but a fact of it. In this case, leave it alone may have been the better option rather than produce something hideous, but ultimately... If you don''t like it, vote with your keyboard and don''t come back.[/quote]

I think the point is they could get something far more effective for little to no investment.
[/quote]

No, I think the point is that those in authority appear not to care.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="JayNCFC"]People love to moan about this site, but would never move from it to better produced sites because of it''s following. We all know the issues with this site, no edit button, long down times, sub standard coding... However it isn''t going to change. This website is the jewel in Archant Norfolk''s website crown and look at the funding it receives. For an industry with spiraling print costs and diminishing readers and advertising income it''s a surprise, but a fact of it. In this case, leave it alone may have been the better option rather than produce something hideous, but ultimately... If you don''t like it, vote with your keyboard and don''t come back.[/quote]I think the point is they could get something far more effective for little to no investment.[/quote]

No, I think the point is that those in authority appear not to care.

[/quote]Yes, and that!

a media company that doesnt even have Wifi.....they are getting electricity and Running water next week.....

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Has any body got the Pinkun App on there mobile, ive just installed it on mine, and its rubbish, am i doing something Wrong!![/quote]Yes, you''re using it.  If you stop using it, the whole message board will benefit.

I just added this site as a shortcut. No need for the mobile site. Works a treat. Until it crashes......