Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Jackson to Millwall?

Could be a good move for SJ.  

"New Millwall boss Steve Lomas is eyeing a summer swoop for striker Simeon Jackson following his release from Norwich City. Canadian international Jackson headed a ten-man list of players let

go by the Premier League club in May and Lomas has admitted he would

love to sign him on a free transfer.     Jackson had increasingly become a fringe player at Carrow Road

following the Canaries'' promotion to the top flight and left the club

having scored 17 goals in 73 appearances.    Lomas said: "He''s the right type for us - he''s quick and he can score

goals. But I will be one of about ten managers that wants Simeon

Jackson because he''s done very well at Norwich. Some people were a

little surprised that they let him go. "I like the boy. I think he''s got something about him and we want

hungry players. I like him because he plays like he''s hungry and, when

you get that, it''s a nice little combination."

Sums Jacko up very well,  "plays like he''s hungry" - that''s why he was popular with most of us at CR.

"that''s why he was popular with most of us at CR."oh dear

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Never got a decent run in the team.[/quote]What a load of tosh.He was given more than enough chances, including long spells of playing and his goal returns were poor in general.The simple truth is that he''s a mid-table Championship striker at best, but better suited to League 1 or similar standard to be truly prolific.Nice guy, great attitude, but not technically good enough for this level, and to suggest it was down to a lack of chances or decent runs in the team is both untrue and laughable tbh...

as Indy saysthe lack of a ''decent run'' was pretty much down to his being a " mid-table Championship striker at best"some cracking and memorable goals - and a player who gave his allbut that on it''s own isn''t enough

it will be interesting to see how the players released fare over the next season or twovery rarely have we released players than have gone on to prove us wrong, notably the Jarvis brothers, Joe Lewis, David Stephens, Spillane ..... all of who, at the time, looked to be a mistake on our part for us to be letting them leave

[quote user="City1st"]"that''s why he was popular with most of us at CR."oh dear[/quote]"oh dear" what can the matter be,Poor City 1st he got  locked in the lava''try,

He disppapeared up the back of his anatomy

And nobody knew he was there.

apart from you it would seem

ps are you the same LDC who claimed he never went to home games as he lived so far away ?

I have always been a fan of Jackson and got frustraited with his lack of a chance at Carrow Road under Hoots. Then I watched the 11/12 Dvd and realised just how many chances he missed in that first Prem season.Still rated him above Morrison but can understand why he was released. A great pro and came on leaps and bounds for us.Dunno if he will suit Millwalls style of play but he certainly got us the goals that put us in the Prem !

Lively, and well loved. Definitely will always be remembered for THAT goal against Derby, and THAT goal against Pompy. Sadly though, never going to give RVW and whoever else we bring in much of a run for their money.

Good luck to the lad, not sure how he''ll fit in at Millwall, but he''s a hard worker, and will win the fans over I''m sure.

[quote user="City1st"]apart from you it would seemps are you the same LDC who claimed he never went to home games as he lived so far away ?[/quote]

Never said that, City.   I get to several home games and several away games every season.   Have done since I left Norwich in 1974.   Once a City fan always a City fan.   Surely you can understand that, can''t you................or maybe you can''t..........................

Jackson, a decent Championship level striker but not good enough for the top league. Did well for us and will always be remembered for the part he played in our promotion year.Good luck at Millwall, Jacko.

Good luck to Jacko. He''ll always remind me of the awesome run to promotion, epitomised by that last minute hattrick winner against Derby. Luck was on our side and we all just new nothing could stop us going up after that, ''you beauty, you absolute beauty!''I think he would do well at almost any Championship side, the guy is class and I wish him well. In fact I''ve just had to watch the end of the 2010-11 DVD, cheers Jacko.