Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

AVB to PSG ?

Many papers are speculating that Paris St Germain are trying to recruit Andre Vilas Boas as their new boss. Given his Spurs connections, would Chris Hughton be a candidate as his replacement ? Would you care if he went ?

I would really hope not. With the managrial merry-go round at the moment, I really can''t see any available amanagers that could come in and do a better job. The transfer targets we are getting linked to are pretty immense at the moment and would be seriously worried if we had to start again from scratch at this stage. Especially as he has done so well building from the back, to not see the plan finalise over the next couple of years would be criminal.

IMO, anyone who says "no" to not caring if he leaves is crazy, and are undervaluing what we have greatly...

I think Spurs would be looking for someone with a higher profile.

Now, let me think, if we lost CH so we''d need to start looking for a manager well into the summer break after losing a manager at the end of the season before, what could possibly be the downside to that ?

Fortunately I think that CH isn''t looking to jump ship to further his career at any opportunity.

" if we lost CH so we''d need to start looking for a manager well into the summer break"

I would imagine that person has already been lined up

if only to cover the possibility of him being hit be the proverbial bus

Laudrup. Surely if no ''big names'' were available, he''d be top of the list I would think. Despite Hughton''s Spurs connection.

We don''t want him leaving now either.

Not taking anything away from CH, as I am a fan. I don''t think he is the calibre of manager Spurs are looking for.

All he has on his CV is Promotion with Newcastle and Survival with us. Spurs will be wanting 4th place or higher next season guaranteed to have any chance of keeping Bale happy.

Hughton to them would be a risk, and i can''t see them taking it. However if he WAS offered it, I''m sure he''d take it.

spurs will be after a bigger name than hughton

im sorry i know he has history with the club but he doesnt have the achievements or reputation to take on that sort of job, spurs fans would almost definitely see it as a step backwards

[quote user="iron_stan"]spurs will be after a bigger name than hughton

im sorry i know he has history with the club but he doesnt have the achievements or reputation to take on that sort of job, spurs fans would almost definitely see it as a step backwards [/quote]

I would agree with that with the extra word "yet" in there, in other words doesn''t "yet" have the achievements.   Hughton''s career direction rests on how he does over the next two or three years here.   Anything like the development we are hoping for - in other words becoming as established as Everton, just hovering around the top six - and maybe winning something - and he would become very hot property indeed.   But, if he is that successful, we will hopefully be able to hang on to him as there wouldn''t be that many clubs better than us for him  to go to.  Lets hope he does well and a long career here!

after the mixed reaction to Hughton last season, I would really like him to be judged next season with a squad that he has put together and hopefully with more attacking options, so we can see what type of manager he actually is.