Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Upson anyone?

Matty Upson has been released by StoekToo old, too slow, injury prone, or a decent addition to our squad? What do people think

Think your 1st 3 points answer your question. Wouldnt pick him ahead of bass, turner, bennett or martin.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Matty Upson has been released by StoekToo old[/quote]Check[quote user="Samwam27"]Matty Upson has been released by Stoek too slow[/quote]Check[quote user="Samwam27"]Matty Upson has been released by StoekToo injury prone, [/quote]CheckWe''re actually pretty good for central defenders anyway.

(That''s a no btw)

Why ask a question like that?

I am selling a car, its old, the tyres are knackered, the radiators had it, the mileage is huge, the windscreen is shattered, the exhaust fell off some time ago and I have made do with a bit of old drain pipe, the speedo and most of the instruments are broken, the seats have been replaced with all I had to hand which is a couple of deck chairs in the back, an old hotel lounge chair for the front passenger seat and a baby bouncer for the driver - do you think anyone will want to buy it off me?

I mean seriously?!!

Didn''d do much for Brighton last season, starting to find his level.

Taking into account Russell Martin''s increasing stature in this position, especially after Scotland''s game, and young Bennett''s promising displays towards the end of the season, I hardly think that we need to waste resources on this position.

If we were to, then Upson would not be on my list of desirables.

This would only be a good idea if we wanted to build a team of "-son" players.We already have Johnson and Howson.  We could also sign Adam Johnson, Anderson from Man U, Siggurdson from Spurs, but then I run out of ideas.

"]This would only be a good idea if we wanted to build a team of "-son" players.We already have Johnson and Howson.  We could also sign Adam Johnson, Anderson from Man U, Siggurdson from Spurs, but then I run out of ideas"

I would prefer it if we were to sign a team of "van" players. Wolfswinkel and Ginkel to start with.

I also remember John Hartson, whilst Denis Van Wyck wasn''t so bad.

Shows how far we have moved on when we can all say no to Upson even as he heads towards the end of his career............

Not really.

He may still be OK but he hasn''t performed regularly at the top now for what? Two seasons. Last season he was on loan to the champs and didn''t do anything special.

I doubt he''ll be signed by a premier league team.

[quote user="chicken"]Why ask a question like that?

I am selling a car, its old, the tyres are knackered, the radiators had it, the mileage is huge, the windscreen is shattered, the exhaust fell off some time ago and I have made do with a bit of old drain pipe, the speedo and most of the instruments are broken, the seats have been replaced with all I had to hand which is a couple of deck chairs in the back, an old hotel lounge chair for the front passenger seat and a baby bouncer for the driver - do you think anyone will want to buy it off me?

I mean seriously?!![/quote]Oh **** how the hell did you get hold of my old clio!