Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Lambert at it again...

Can I just add my agreement with Broadstairs well said.

I have to take issue with Tak''s view that real details on Lambert''s departure would only come out if he were to write an Autobiography really?

Most Autobiographies I have read by footballers or managers are just one persons self serving version of events and rarely give a balanced or true version of events.

[quote user="PKC"]

Can I just add my agreement with Broadstairs well said.

I have to take issue with Tak''s view that real details on Lambert''s departure would only come out if he were to write an Autobiography really?

Most Autobiographies I have read by footballers or managers are just one persons self serving version of events and rarely give a balanced or true version of events.

[/quote]

That''s fair - although knowing how letigious McNally is Lambert (or his ghost writer) would have to watch his words.

There is a lot of talk about Norwich refusing Lambert permission to talk to Villa despite it being in his contract, and then not paying him his promised bonus. Like most things I doubt this was an entirely one sided thing.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Signing young players with potential and moulding them is what Lambert does well, he is building a squad with the next 5/6 years in mind.[/quote]

Really? You think he''ll be there that long?

The former messiah who abandoned us for pastures new.I absolutely love the fact we have a nemesis in Lambert, and a formidable one too. Here''s a guy took one of the worst squads in our history and by using a mix of cunning, genius, tactical nous and general motivational excellence took these guys, with a sprinkling of new talent all the way to the Premier League. What a story. Now it continues by the fact he seems to be undefeatable against any former club or derby rival.I am interested in the Aston Villa project. They''re doing it the right way and for that reason I actually would like to see them do well. I''m sick of bankrolled clubs cherry picking all the best developed talent and buying silverware, or squads made up almost exclusively of faded big names trading on their names.Bring it on Lambo. I can''t wait for the next Villa game to see Hoots lock horns with him. 

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Signing young players with potential and moulding them is what Lambert does well, he is building a squad with the next 5/6 years in mind.[/quote]

Really? You think he''ll be there that long?

[/quote]

I do think this is what he''s doing, but Webbo''s point is valid. Now he''s in the Premier League, and with a club that expects to be top half, he probably doesn''t even have 2 years to mould his team, let alone 5 or 6.  Also in this league, you have the added problem of when you do find yourself with some gems on your hands (Benteke) they will be lured away to the next ''big club'' before you''ve had a chance to mould your team. Whether he likes it or not, he''s going to have to sign some players for the now, not just for the future. Which to be fair he did with Benteke. But many of the rest still need another season or two to show themselves.

Three in so far, another (Helenius) due to sign after the weekend. We''re definitely going down this young/unproven route again. Quite exciting. All four have cost less than 8m combined, that''s the same we wasted on Stephen Ireland!

Have to say as a Villa supporter I''m not used to things happening this quick during the summer.

Still waiting for the Benteke saga to unfold ...