Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Lambert at it again...

You have to say he''s got the knack for pulling out gems - but that said, these two could easily be flops.

It''s a long time til the window closes, I remain faithful we''ll pull a few more gems of our own to go with RVW!

Who finished highest last season? ;)

Frankly who cares. Lambert left this club over a season ago. This is a forum for Norwich City supporters. I couldnt care less about Aston Villa, Lambert, or any players he signs. Some people need to move on and concentrate on supporting their own team.

Hmmm.... El Ahmadi and Simon Dawkins weren''t exactly inspirational. Benteke and Lowton have been brilliant signings, but a mixed bag overall. Probably a transfer record no different to most other managers, but conversely doesn''t necessarily mean he''s the messiah either. Time will tell.

Never heard of them. Just because they have fancy names it does not mean they will be any good.

There certainly isn''t a love in as far as I''m concerned, but I do admire the way he conducts his business early on to try and establish a settled squad.

Signing young players with potential and moulding them is what Lambert does well, he is building a squad with the next 5/6 years in mind.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]There certainly isn''t a love in as far as I''m concerned, but I do admire the way he conducts his business early on to try and establish a settled squad.[/quote]

Probably cos Villa were in the only team in for them, they are shopping at lidl.

We are shopping (it seems) at sainsburys which means we have to be a little more patient and convince players city are the club to pick.

He''s not the Messiah.....

Could be an interesting season for him, the Villa fans are expecting big things, he''ll either live up to his own hype or get found out.I know which one I''m hoping for.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Aston Villa sign Jores Okore and Leandro Bacuna.

Under the radar, and two potential gems?

[/quote]Lamberts gone....let it go...

I think Hughton''s transfer dealings stand comparison with Lambert''s any day. I can hardly think of any that haven''t done well for us.

[quote user="morty"]He''s not the Messiah.....

Could be an interesting season for him, the Villa fans are expecting big things, he''ll either live up to his own hype or get found out.I know which one I''m hoping for.

[/quote]

We should all just ignore him what he did is on the past no point in getting bitter about it Noooooooo what am I saying I want the Messiah back I can''t stand another season home and away every game of careful Chris defensive tactics. I want my Lambo back

The concensus as to why Villa struggled last season was that they had a young,inexperienced team.....and here Lambert is buying yet more.

There''s no reason at this stage, if they continue this policy, to believe that they won''t struggle again next season.

How can a football forum for fans of a Premiership club not have anything on it about that club''s rivals in that league?

I have no Lambert "love-in" as somebody has just rather ridiculously put it, but I am quite a lot interested in affairs Villa, for obvious reasons. I happen to think that we came out of the whole fiasco of last Summer smelling of roses, that Lambert left us at the right time as it happened and that we now have a better man in Hughton. I therefore have absolutely nothing to get over.

I shall continue to welcome and enjoy reading postings about Lambert and Aston Villa for the foreseeable future. Keep them coming. They are of interest to me and I resent being continually told what should and shouldn''t be of interest to me.

A forum confined solely to affairs Norwich City would be extremely limited. Perhaps too limited.

And whilst I''m at it.

Why can a football forum for fans of a football team not have anything on it about that team''s most intense rivals in other than a side discussion, which is infrequently visited? Enjoying such  rivalry is very much part and parcel of supporting a football team for many people, including me. It is part of the fun and part of the relevance. I welcome and enjoy reading postings about Ipswich Town Football Club. they are of interest to me and, apart from smelling a rat, see no reason why they should be subject to censorship, and selective or clumsy censorship at that. 

I shall continue to welcome and enjoy reading postings about ITFC for the continual future. Keep them coming, they are of interest to me and I resent them being moved to a position where I, and most others, will be ignorant of their very existence, will therefore have few replies and will sink will little regard in a short space of time.

A forum confined solely to the affairs of Norwich City would be extremely limited. Perhaps too limited.

There!

Actually I''ll tell you why I suspect Broadstairs, because people complain. I don''t think the mods are that anal that they would do it for any other reason.

Spot on, Broadstairs.

Far too many annoying oiks policing posts on Lambert, Villa and any other subject that doesn''t take their fancy.

As it happens, Lambert made one of the buys of the season last year with his purchase of Benteke. They could make a fortune if they decide to sell him on. Okore is looking an exceptionally shrewd acquisition, and far more innovative than a Curtis Davies.

If RVW makes anywhere near a similar impact in his first season in the PL, then Norwich fans are in for an enjoyable season.

I have no view on their signings. They may or may not turn out to be good signings. i suspect they are probably on our list somewhere as well since Lambert still seems to be linked with players we were vaguely linked with a while back, presumably as they were recommendations back in the say by Chester.

Where i do think there is a degree of legitimacy is the comment above that it is admirable that he gets the squad together early in the summer so they have a whole pre-season to prepare. I hope that we will do the same because i do think that is important. I have nothing to base this on other than a vague hunch but my feel is that when he wants a player Lambert is probably a complete pain in the backside for his chairman/chief exec until he gets the player signed whereas Hoot has hinted on several occasions that he leaves signing the players to McNally who i would speculate is quite content to play hardball on some of these deals even if it takes a bit more time.

Yes, Lambert is at it again: signing a very young unproven central defender.  I''m sure he has been well scouted, is talented and has potential, just like Daniel Ayala and Ryan Bennett. But do you want to wait a couple of seasons while they become consistent and dependable defenders at the heart of your defence? 

Admirable? Yes. Realistic? No.

He''s a very good centre half rejected a move to Chelsea in January as he wanted to continue playing first team football.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

How can a football forum for fans of a Premiership club not have anything on it about that club''s rivals in that league?

I have no Lambert "love-in" as somebody has just rather ridiculously put it, but I am quite a lot interested in affairs Villa, for obvious reasons. I happen to think that we came out of the whole fiasco of last Summer smelling of roses, that Lambert left us at the right time as it happened and that we now have a better man in Hughton. I therefore have absolutely nothing to get over.

I shall continue to welcome and enjoy reading postings about Lambert and Aston Villa for the foreseeable future. Keep them coming. They are of interest to me and I resent being continually told what should and shouldn''t be of interest to me.

A forum confined solely to affairs Norwich City would be extremely limited. Perhaps too limited.

And whilst I''m at it.

Why can a football forum for fans of a football team not have anything on it about that team''s most intense rivals in other than a side discussion, which is infrequently visited? Enjoying such  rivalry is very much part and parcel of supporting a football team for many people, including me. It is part of the fun and part of the relevance. I welcome and enjoy reading postings about Ipswich Town Football Club. they are of interest to me and, apart from smelling a rat, see no reason why they should be subject to censorship, and selective or clumsy censorship at that. 

I shall continue to welcome and enjoy reading postings about ITFC for the continual future. Keep them coming, they are of interest to me and I resent them being moved to a position where I, and most others, will be ignorant of their very existence, will therefore have few replies and will sink will little regard in a short space of time.

A forum confined solely to the affairs of Norwich City would be extremely limited. Perhaps too limited.

There!

[/quote]
Bumping this up because posts that talk absolute common sense tend to get buried and ignored all too quickly.
Excellent stuff.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

And whilst I''m at it.

There!

[/quote]

Bumping this up because posts that talk absolute common sense tend to get buried and ignored all too quickly.

Excellent stuff.

[/quote]

I agree - a bit like news really. If it''s good, people tend to let it pass without comment. No-one kicks up a stink and gets noticed over things they agree on!

Saying we should forget about Lambert because it was over a season ago is a bit like saying forget about Kevin Muscat because that was many years ago. We don''t forget about stuff like that. If somebody sh1t on us they are going to be a rival for so long as we compete with them.

I have no real bitterness towards Lambert, it sounds like Norwich tried to screw him over as much as he did to Norwich, possibly more so. I guess the real details will never become clear, unless he writes an autobiography one day.

As for the signings, Okore was a real stand out player in last season''s Champions League and if the fee of £4m is true it''s a great purchase for Villa -don''t know much about the other guy so will wait and see. Interesting to see Lambert pushing with a policy of young players, he never really purchased players that young for Norwich although they were usually below 27/8.

I hope Norwich try to establish a transfer policy of only bringing in players under 26/7 who can develop at the club and then be sold on at a profit, this kind of policy has served Celtic really well over the past few seasons resulting in players like Wanyama etc.