Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Worst foreign line up for City

"David Střihavka because he cost about €1million and was useless"eh ?The figure quoted was £750,000 which was the total of his 3 year contract NOT his transfer fee .... which was zilchas is often the case in some many of these eventshis contract was cancelled so as to allow him to pay elsewhere

[quote user="City1st"]"David Střihavka because he cost about €1million and was useless"eh ?The figure quoted was £750,000 which was the total of his 3 year contract NOT his transfer fee .... which was zilchas is often the case in some many of these eventshis contract was cancelled so as to allow him to pay elsewhere[/quote]Well €1,000,000 is approx £750,000, and I never said ''transfer fee. Also, Purple is probably right about how the finances ended up on his release.Anyway, picking bones is no fun.Let''s concentrate on the team I selected, c''mon what would you change people? What foreign signings were worse?!

Drazen Muzinic. Cost 300,000 which at the time was a lot of money for us. He had a debut of theoklitis proportions. Top of my list for the hall of infamy.

Truly, a heroic failure

I believe he was the Yugoslav national captain or something

the new ''midfield general'', as was the term then

I stand corrected AJ, for some reason I remembered Giallanza playing and scoring more than 2 in 11. Funny how you can rose tint players you like.

Winton Rufer was one heck of a player and should never be mentioned on this thread.

He is the best player New Zealand ever produced. We were really unlucky not to get him. He is a winner of a UEFA cup winners medal & was Oceania player of the century. Oceania includes Australia. I''ve seen him play - he can swerve a football making the best Brazilians look average.

Now Chris Killen is a different story - the only comparison is they are both from NZ.

Bit Harsh on giallanza... got injured and the club just gave up on him... Wen''t on to score a winner against Real Madrid when he left us... not many can say they have done that..Segura was ok, not brilliant.Thomas Helveg was probably the most glittered player to ever play for us, sadly the rest of the side were well below his ability, there''s a difference popping a pass over to Paolo Maldini to receiving one from Simon charlton!

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Svaki put kad se to nit dolazi se, pokupila sam na!

Usput ... jedna pint ili dvije ?[/quote]"Every time this thread comes up, I picked up on!By the way ... one pint or two?"

One gold top and a semi-skimmed please Drazen ;)