Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Worst foreign line up for City

This might be more fun! Can imagine we could come up with an entire squad here!

For what it''s worth, I''ll get the ball rolling...

Michael Theoklitos

Jurgen Colin

Fernando Derveld

Victor Segura

Juan Velasco

Pape Diop

Raymond de Waard

Omar Koroma

Ulf Ottoson

Goran Maric

Chris Killen

Admittedly a 4-2-4 formation, with that midfield being held together by de Waard and Diop may be a potential problem....

We seem to have had loads of crap foreign attackers, buti can''t seem to think of too many midfielders. Help!

Segura was like shit stuck to a blanket. Good thing we finally got rid of him. You would have known that if you saw him live youngster. Leopard out.

There was a Rufus chap from New Zealand who came over, had an trial and was signed by Ken Brown but then couldn''t get a work permit (or something) so stayed here for a year (?) but never played

ps we have never had a German player,  have we?had most other western europeans

helveg gets nowhere near this - was streets ahead of eddie and a class act.   Simply a thought impulse ahead of his team mates unfortunately.

Giallanza.......harsh looked good until his knee injury. Leijer or whatever his name was, loan from Fulham.

I liked Giallanza, but he has to be one of our worst signings on paper. A promising player, but two seasons out injured, and 2 goals in 11 games.

Harsh, but sadly true!

Mattheu Louis Jean - signed after relegation from prem last time. Had the weakest hamstrings in history.

Chris Killen - Kiwi and awful.

Can''t remember Velasco - when did he play & how often.

Ulf Ottoson - I saw his 1st Canary game for reserves & he looked great. Was then total pants when he played for 1st team.

Henrik Mortensen - big fee & attracted a record reserves crowd when he arrived. Then scored 2 in 30 odd games!

Helveg was played out of position, once Worthy played him in the right position he looked good but it was too late in the season.

Michael Theoklitos

Jurgen Colin

Fernando Derveld

Victor Segura

Juan Velasco

Cedric AnselinRaymond de Waard

Julien Brellier

David StÅ™ihavkaMarc LibbraDrazen MuzinicOmar Koroma only ever played 5 times on loan so I''ve taken him out and replaced him with Julien (The Judge) Brellier. He signed in such a blaze of publicity, but his time petered out in one big meh.  Goran Maric never actually played a league game for us so I''ve replaced him with Marc Libbra. After his quite frankly awesome goal against Man City we all thought ''hang on who''s this, he looks class?''. By the time he was released nobody even noticed.Chris Killen again was just a loanee and barely played, so in goes Drazen Muzinic, just for the fact he never scored and Justin Fashanu was quoted as saying "I don''t think we got Muzinic, I reckon they sent his milkman."David StÅ™ihavka because he cost about €1million and was useless. We released him for nothing. And his name is ironic as he was no striker, apparently the guy is still playing, he''s scored 14 goals in the last 6 years, including his solitary goal for us. Cedric Anselin, surely the worst midfielder I ever saw in the green and yellow.Can''t argue with the keeper. One game which will be remembered for decades and probably makes him wake up screaming most nights.As for the defence, we''ve rarely signed foreign defenders so I''ll go with it. I almost put inDejan Stefanovic, but he never settled before doing his cruciate. Interesting fact; he is now player coach at Havant and Waterlooville. The day he got injured here was his last ever high level game. 

Immediately after leaving us, he went to Brisbane Roar and broke the A League record for the longest period of not conceding a goal-don''t think he was all that bad, the Colchester game was just a one-off!

[quote user="Jonzey"]Michael Theoklitos

Jurgen Colin

Fernando Derveld

Victor Segura

Juan Velasco

Cedric AnselinRaymond de Waard

Julien Brellier

David StÅ™ihavkaMarc LibbraDrazen MuzinicOmar Koroma only ever played 5 times on loan so I''ve taken him out and replaced him with Julien (The Judge) Brellier. He signed in such a blaze of publicity, but his time petered out in one big meh.  Goran Maric never actually played a league game for us so I''ve replaced him with Marc Libbra. After his quite frankly awesome goal against Man City we all thought ''hang on who''s this, he looks class?''. By the time he was released nobody even noticed.Chris Killen again was just a loanee and barely played, so in goes Drazen Muzinic, just for the fact he never scored and Justin Fashanu was quoted as saying "I don''t think we got Muzinic, I reckon they sent his milkman."David StÅ™ihavka because he cost about €1million and was useless. We released him for nothing. And his name is ironic as he was no striker, apparently the guy is still playing, he''s scored 14 goals in the last 6 years, including his solitary goal for us. Cedric Anselin, surely the worst midfielder I ever saw in the green and yellow.Can''t argue with the keeper. One game which will be remembered for decades and probably makes him wake up screaming most nights.As for the defence, we''ve rarely signed foreign defenders so I''ll go with it. I almost put inDejan Stefanovic, but he never settled before doing his cruciate. Interesting fact; he is now player coach at Havant and Waterlooville. The day he got injured here was his last ever high level game. [/quote]

Not true about the £1m. That - or even more - was the theoretical maximum in a structured deal. But because we got rid of him quickly he only cost £240,000. Granted (!) he wasn''t worth even that, but we weren''t so stupid as to assume he would make the grade.