Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Spurs to Offload 10 Players..........

It''s being reported on caughtoffside.com that apparently AVB is ready to let 10 players leave so he can fund a spending spree for Loic Remy, Leandro Damiao & Fredy Guarian. Tottenham have already released out of contract trio William Gallas, David Bentley and John Bostock but will also seek to sell Defoe, Adebayor and Parker as well as Tom Huddlestone, Iago Falque, Andros Townsend, Beniot Assou-Ekotto, Bongani Khumalo, Heurelho Gomes and Brad Friedel.

Apart from Remy, I don''t know anything about Damiao & Guarian however if this is indeed plausible I would love to see Defoe, Huddlestone, Townsend, Assou-Ekotto and possibly Parker in the Yellow and Green. Parker being 32, I am not sure if he is better than what we already have but I think the others would add some real depth & competition for places.

Your thoughts?????

It depends, if they are being released, then Defoe, Adebayor, Huddlestone & Ekotto would be excellent acquisitions on the cheap, but somehow I can''t see this happening! With rumours of AVB leaving, I doubt any major changes will be occurring until that is settled. 

[quote user="scrappy33"]David Bentley on some sort of pay as you play deal maybe?[/quote]No thanks. He has never lived up to the promise.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

It''s being reported on caughtoffside.com that apparently AVB is ready to let 10 players leave so he can fund a spending spree for Loic Remy, Leandro Damiao & Fredy Guarian. Tottenham have already released out of contract trio William Gallas, David Bentley and John Bostock but will also seek to sell Defoe, Adebayor and Parker as well as Tom Huddlestone, Iago Falque, Andros Townsend, Beniot Assou-Ekotto, Bongani Khumalo, Heurelho Gomes and Brad Friedel.

[/quote]

Definitely no thanks to the 3 that were released. Townsend looked amazing at QPR last year, really the stand out player.
Adebayor can be great on his day, but doubt we could afford his wages. I think the Hud and Ekotto wouldn''t be bad shouts at the right price.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

Apart from Remy, I don''t know anything about Damiao & Guarian ,

[/quote]

Guarian was one of the best up and coming youngsters about 5-6 years ago, Not heard anything about him since other than a not great season at Inter. I guess he is finally showing some of that potential if Tottenham see him as an improvement.

I''m not excited by any of those players apart from Townsend. Even his career is going down the pan.

To me, the rest are overrated drivvle. With the exception of Parker but he''s a bit too old to be playing at the top level now.

No thanks.

I wouldn''t mind To Huddleston either as long as it could ascertained that his injury problems were cleared up .... more or less at least.

I see him as being in the Ian Crook mould. A Spurs reject with a bit of class who could well blossom when exposed to the sedate Norfolk lifestyle.

I will now get thoroughly panned for comparing him with ''Chippy,'' but some will realise what I''m getting at.

I would take Parker or Huddlestone like a shot. Good players. Parker is not too old and would be the perfect anchor man for us.

I would personally take Andros Townsend from that List and I still think we could use Defoe in a Simeon Jackson role...

[quote user="nu_matik"]I would personally take Andros Townsend from that List and I still think we could use Defoe in a Simeon Jackson role...[/quote]

Defoe scores too many goals to be used in a Simeon Jackson role

Huddlestone, Townsend, Defoe and Parker for me. Assou-Ekotto can''t defend, and has a very dodgy attitude!

There was a time when I would have loved to have Gallas and Assou-Ekotto her..but not no more.

[quote user="Alfie54"]Assou-Ekotto can''t defend, and has a very dodgy attitude![/quote]

What''s "dodgy" about his attitude?

Wouldn''t touch the injury-prone, slow and over paid Huddlestone with a barge pole.

Assou-Ekotto would be a big upgrade on Garrido though, not that it is likely to happen.

The only thing that puts me off Assou-Ekotto, is that he seems to be having an increasing amount of ''dodgy moments''. That said, Garrido isnt exactly perfect. Not sure where you have got the fact he has a dodgy attitude from though, I know alot of big spurs fans that would disagree.

After one of the too frequent occasions he has failed to track his man or made a ridiculous challenge or given away another penalty, he gives the ''not my fault'' shrug and I do recall a quote from him after one of the above that there are more important things in life than football, agreed but I would question the timing of the statement.

He also has very silly hair!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I wouldn''t mind To Huddleston either as long as it could ascertained that his injury problems were cleared up .... more or less at least.

I see him as being in the Ian Crook mould. A Spurs reject with a bit of class who could well blossom when exposed to the sedate Norfolk lifestyle.

I will now get thoroughly panned for comparing him with ''Chippy,'' but some will realise what I''m getting at.

[/quote]I do see what you mean, though I''ve never seen him demonstrate Crook''s range of passing (though he did run the show in the England U21s game a few years back where we won 6-0)Judging from his size, the bigger risk with Huddlestone isn''t comparing him with Chippy - it''s getting him out of the Chippie.On the other hand, maybe Holt would have a new best friend.

Gallas would be a great back up CB, but he''d command huge wages as a free agent so no. I''d assume he''ll look for a final pay day in Russia/USA. Perhaps join PSG or Monaco as a back up as he''s French and they can pay pretty much anything.Bentley. He''s no improvement on what we have, by some distance so no.Bostock. See above.Defoe. Yes please, the guy is utter quality. But I doubt we can afford his wages. He''s destined for a bankrolled club if he does leave, which to be honest would suprise me.Adebayor. No way. He is the epitome of the mercenary footballer. He only ever play at the start of a contract, and just before he''s due to sign another one. Like Gallas he''s destined for a club who can pay him ridiculous wages.Parker. The best of the lot. The guy is quality and I can see no reason why he can''t do a Scholes and play until he''s 38. He has the football brain needed, so even if he loses his pace he''ll still be a very valuble asset to any team. He''ll give you 100% everytime regardless. But I''ll eat my hat if he doesn''t go back to West Ham. He''s a London boy, and the Hammers love him.Huddlestone. Definitely. The guy is good and you could argue an improvement on some CMs here. Bit injury prone though.Falque. No idea?Townsend. Very good player. Maybe destined for a higher level than City.Assou-Ekotto. Yes please. A definite improvement on what we have. Top level player, but surely destined for a bigger club than us.Khumalo. No idea?Gomes and Friedel. Over Ruddy and Bunn? No way.

Huddlestone could be that rock in the DM position, while being able to distribute the ball with more accuracy than Tettey and Johnson. Imo if we were to sign him and he stays fit we should be looking at top 10.

The Times mentioned yesterday that AVB is keen to offlaod both Dempsey and Siggurdson for the right offer. I dont think we would be interested in Dempsey or vice versa, but Siggurdson in the Michu role would be perfect for us.

[quote user="scrappy33"]David Bentley on some sort of pay as you play deal maybe?[/quote]

Definitely and absolutely 100% not. I fail to see the fascination with this show pony.

[quote user="Alfie54"]After one of the too frequent occasions he has failed to track his man or made a ridiculous challenge or given away another penalty, he gives the ''not my fault'' shrug and I do recall a quote from him after one of the above that there are more important things in life than football, agreed but I would question the timing of the statement. He also has very silly hair![/quote]

Aha! Now we''re getting to it. Nothing to do with his ability or attitude.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Nicko"]Assou-Ekotto thinks hes alot better than he is.[/quote]

So how good does he think he is then?

[/quote]

He thinks he doesn''t have to worry about his place in the team because Kyle Naughton isn''t good enough. He came out and publicly said this. I for one would whole heartedly disagree with him. Naughton is much better!

What this says to me, that apart from being an overrated player, he also has a bad attitude.