Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Confederations Cup 2013

Lack of football getting you down?Well don''t worry!The Confederations Cup kicks off tomorrow.With Brazil, Spain, Uruguay, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Nigeria and Tahiti all taking part.BBC One and Three are running special MOTD programmes (highlights and live games) to cover the event.Hopefully it will go some way in helping our withdrawal symptoms as we get to see some of the big names of football back on our screens.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Lack of football getting you down?Well don''t worry!The Confederations Cup kicks off tomorrow.With Brazil, Spain, Uruguay, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Nigeria and Tahiti all taking part.BBC One and Three are running special MOTD programmes (highlights and live games) to cover the event.Hopefully it will go some way in helping our withdrawal symptoms as we get to see some of the big names of football back on our screens.[/quote]Poor Tahiti. It''s just going to be embarrassing for them.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Lack of football getting you down?

Well don''t worry!

The Confederations Cup kicks off tomorrow.

With Brazil, Spain, Uruguay, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Nigeria and Tahiti all taking part.

BBC One and Three are running special MOTD programmes (highlights and live games) to cover the event.

Hopefully it will go some way in helping our withdrawal symptoms as we get to see some of the big names of football back on our screens.

[/quote]

Poor Tahiti. It''s just going to be embarrassing for them.
[/quote]

But also the best moments of their footballing careers. I wouldn''t mind playing football against Xavi, Inestia etc. even if I was on the wrong side of a hiding.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]I''m expecting Nigeria to do well. Naturally, I''m prepared to be proven wrong.[/quote]Their squad deliberately missed their flight in protest about unpaid bonuses. I can''t seem them putting in an enormous amount of effort for what is essentially a meaningless tournament.

Well having said that, Uruguay are out of form I believe and Tahiti are well, Tahiti, so its not outside the realms of possibility that they could take 2nd in the group.

New Zeland took part in the last confederations cup and were torn apart... 12 months later they were the only team not to lose a game at the World cup...Taihiti just might fancy it!