Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

I Know its early

I know its early but I hope we can hear soon of some positives re the transfer market soon. Hope its not another January, as I said I know its early ?

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]I know its early but I hope we can hear soon of some positives re the transfer market soon. Hope its not another January, as I said I know its early ?[/quote]how long you been in Gib EGGY. spent a total of 4 years there in RAF and long holiday. loved it. hopefully news will start emerging in the next few days.

What are you hoping for Eggy?

Our team is developing really nicely so we need to be careful not to sign players who aren''t going to really support what we already have, nor disturb the progress the current playing staff are making.

For me, we probably need a full back on each side and one more striker. But the emergence and development of Pilkington, Howson, Bennett and Snodgrass mean that for me, we''re going to be needing to spend Â£10m to buy any midfielders that offer more than they do. 

I guess you can make a case for another midfield general - a goal scoring Johnson maybe - or another centre back.

What do you think?

[quote user="a1canary"]

What are you hoping for Eggy?

Our team is developing really nicely so we need to be careful not to sign players who aren''t going to really support what we already have, nor disturb the progress the current playing staff are making.

For me, we probably need a full back on each side and one more striker. But the emergence and development of Pilkington, Howson, Bennett and Snodgrass mean that for me, we''re going to be needing to spend £10m to buy any midfielders that offer more than they do. 

I guess you can make a case for another midfield general - a goal scoring Johnson maybe - or another centre back.

What do you think?

[/quote]

Do you really feel we need another right back? Surely Martin and sw are more than adequate for it along with benno and benno as emergency right backs.

I agree we need another LB, it''s a shame the young lad from the youth team (his name fails me at the mo) is a little too young/lightweight for a year or two.

I also fully agree that we shouldn''t be buying loads of players for the sake of it and risk upsetting the squad

star_manic

been in Gib 29 years changed a lot now. I do think that with another quality striker apart from RVW a midfielder and a Centre back we should be ok.

The transfer window isn''t even open yet, let the players and staff have a bit of a holiday first!

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]star_manic been in Gib 29 years changed a lot now. I do think that with another quality striker apart from RVW a midfielder and a Centre back we should be ok.[/quote]

I Hated being duty battalion on Gib, and having to feed those bloody Rock apes, mid 60''s who looks after them today ?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]star_manic been in Gib 29 years changed a lot now. I do think that with another quality striker apart from RVW a midfielder and a Centre back we should be ok.[/quote]

I Hated being duty battalion on Gib, and having to feed those bloody Rock apes, mid 60''s who looks after them today ?

[/quote] A civilian but they are getting out of hand now growing in numbers

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]I know its early but I hope we can hear soon of some positives re the transfer market soon. Hope its not another January, as I said I know its early ?[/quote]
After all the concern since Xmas our season finished on a fantastic high. Two brilliant league wins plus the Youth Cup, in the circumstances we could not have asked for a bigger final week. So all of a sudden we did not want the season to end, and with no games to look forward to that high of expectation has been taken to the transfer window and we are all desperate for news of transfers to feed that hunger.
But there is still two and a half months to go till the window window closes not two and a half weeks which it can feel like reading some posts on here. June tends to be a quiet month even if you are trying to get business done early.
We need to be patient.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]i worked at Middle Hill in the early ''70s and the wild pack were fed by the Gibraltar Regiment, who have apparently taken over at RAF North Front.

[quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]I know its early but I hope we can hear soon of some positives re the transfer market soon. Hope its not another January, as I said I know its early ?[/quote]

That thought had crossed my mind Eggy.

Funny posts on here talking about the last week were we got over over the line, with Wigan faltering at the end.

Our defensive group did well our attack struggled and at points 2 wins from 18 odd games put us where we deserved to be.

Rvw, garrido are two great signings.... Rvw is class.

But we do need more, there is time, but we need to get our squad up for the pre season tour, we need our group ready 2 weeks prior to the season. You cannot afford a sluggish start.

I would want as much done before our trip to the states as possible or certainly the braga trip.

We need other starters, central midfield and def one winger with another striker coming in. The January window again we can look at a few positions where we may add, maybe a left back, another winger.

It is just exciting and I for one hope we add genuine quality to those three other positions again.

We don''t even have the transfer window open yet, but have two signings already. Give them a chance! There is little doubt that there will be several leavers (eg Barnett) and starters, it is quality we are after and may have to wait a wee bit.

Yup. RVW + Garrido. Neither would have otherwise been here next season so that makes two signings already made, by any measure you may wish to choose!

Hi Eggy,

I know Gib''s a small place; given the Norwich City link, do you know my brother Rick who is a Paramedic based at Gib Airport? He went to school in Thorpe, then went out to Gib with the RAF in ''86. True NCFC fan. He has blond hair, blue eyes with a few nice motorcycles that he rides into work each day. He has an apartment at Eastern Beach and currently lives near Sotogrande. Pic of him here:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151211657803579&set=t.100000451414946&type=1&theater

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="EGGY a Gibraltar Canary"]I know its early but I hope we can hear soon of some positives re the transfer market soon. Hope its not another January, as I said I know its early ?[/quote]how long you been in Gib EGGY. spent a total of 4 years there in RAF and long holiday. loved it. hopefully news will start emerging in the next few days.
[/quote]

Was stationed there from 86-88, remember when City came and played there pre season, we lost and there was a riot lol. The worlds biggest round about, oh so many fond memories

Hi Norfolk Mustard

Sorry I cant say that I do know your brother I know Gib is a small place but I live in the South district of Gib so do not frequent the airport area unless leaving Gib on Holiday. Sorry also could not gain access to the link you gave me. Sorry but nice to hear from you.