Sign in to follow this  
City penguin

Saints sign Lovren

Massive signing for them, only 23 and played 17 times for Croatia, fee of £6.8m apparently, think they will be splashing silly money this season.

Last  year they paid £12 million for Gaston Ramirez so I really don''t see what is so massive for them signing a player for half of that amount in all honesty. Some might also consider £12 million as " splashing silly money " City penguin for a club in their first season back in the Premiership.

The bloke is class, that''s why he will be a massive signing. They must be paying outrageous money as he really should be playing for a team qualifying for European football.

i''ve had enough of this !!!! why aren''t we signing players like him? Get howton out while theres still time, Get someone in who knows what they are doing with decent contacts. Total lack of ambition as always [:@]

Can''t say I''m particualrly jealous about this one for two reasons...1) We don''t need to spend £7m on a CB this summer, that money can go elsewhere.2) I''m not sure he is actually that good- here are a selection of tweets from Croatian football Journalist Alex Holiga about him-"Hot damn! Southampton paid... what for Lovren?""He has become something of a laughing stock in Lyon. 4th choice CB for Croatia - and not that the first 3 are great...""Reacts bad under pressure, blanks out during the game, makes a lot of unnecessary fouls, misplaces passes for no reason...""Ask any Lyon fan and see what they''ll tell you. L''Equipe named him

''worst player of the week'' in the league 3 times this season. 3 times."