Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

'Toughest Footballers' on the BBC Football Page - Who was our 'Toughest'?

although he was crap I seem to remember Shaun Carey was a hard B*stard! how he never got sent off is incredible..Darel Russell also made no apologies in the tackle.

In my fifty years of following City, Trevor Hockey without a doubt. The way he resembled the wild man of Borneo would be enough to keep most players well away from him let alone the way he flung himself body and soul into the most outrageous tackles, usually with socks rolled down. Hard as nails.

Some of Safri''s tackles were ''tough''. Not sure if they were intentional.

Big Dunc was tough, Hockey was probably harder, but I think either Graeme Souness or Tommy Smith in their Liverpool days would beat either of them

I always liked how Russell wouldn''t let anyone get away with fouling him, within the next five mins he''d give ''em one back. Never stayed down either.

Gary Megson was an awesome enforcer for us. Any of our lads got kicked he would stalk the offender for the next ten minutes and invariably scythe through them at least once.

If we included loanees, I''d nominate Trevor Benjamin. As someone else wrote: "Trevor Benjamin is not a player you purchase if you want to play total football. You purchase Trevor Benjamin if you want to play skittles with defenders."

"newyorkcanary"

Wes!

Yes I agree. Not in the way that Wazzy means but simply in physical toughness. The amount of times we''ve seen Hoolahan get booted and badly tackled but he still gets up, no whinging, and carries on.

[quote user="Canary02 IV"]Gary Megson was an awesome enforcer for us. Any of our lads got kicked he would stalk the offender for the next ten minutes and invariably scythe through them at least once.[/quote]

Agreed, "Mad Dog" Megson did have a bit of a wild eyed look about him sometimes!!