Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Any news on capel?

Just wondering as swans were reportedly interested, certainly with the rocky mess they are in with laudrup if we were interested we could show stability.

I just believe to get an immediate impact from the quality of rvw and as we build a team around him, that by bringing ina player for a position we so critically need who already has played with our star striker is a move we want to look at.

If he is moving elsewhere fair enough, but he is a piece that we can build around rvw who already has an understanding

It seems to have gone quiet full stop over the last week. I suspect as we get either side of 1stJuly things will start to move quickly with 3 or 4 inns out of Hooper, Redmond, Capel, the Swedish lad and others

It is difficult to predict - our name has been associated with so many different players recently, as we test the waters. In how many we followed up - we know only of Toivonen.

We are rumoured to be interested in Redmond, who will be well known to CH. Presumably we would not want both these players? We have three wingers already, although two at least have played inside. Five wingers in a squad of 25 does seem a little large.

At some point soon, possibly even before July 1st, we shall learn if we have been successful in signing either of the two.

The rumours were from this message board and twitter. There was never any concrete information leading us to believe we were interested. Therefore, I wouldn''t expect anything to happen on this.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The rumours were from this message board and twitter. There was never any concrete information leading us to believe we were interested. Therefore, I wouldn''t expect anything to happen on this.[/quote]
This.
IMO Redmond will be the most likely target if we are going for another winger.