Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Multiple personas

Perhaps because it''s the silly season, but there is a great deal of angst about posing posters. Either disappearing in one guise and reappearing in another, or posting in multiple personas concurrently. I can see that the latter would be very sad, especially if all they are doing is saying they agree with so and so when so and so is themselves. But my genuine question is - why does it matter? The posters who care about this seem to be able to spot the posers a cyber-mile away. As a fellow mathematician said when Newton published a solution anonymously "I recognise the lion by his paw."And if the posers made sense in their original guise they are likely to go on doing so, while old nonsense will just be the same nonsense under a different label. Myself I don''t see the harm.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]But my genuine question is - why does it matter? The posters who care about this seem to be able to spot the posers a cyber-mile away.[/quote]Really PC??,I have been accused of being smudger many times by certain posters. Funnily enough, so have many other posters. As a non-fellow mathematician, perhaps I could add "Even a stopped watch is correct twice a day".Like you, I dont think any of this really matters as readers will make their own minds up.

PC. Once again you are correct. I just wish people would ignore the trolls. My tactic for the past nine years has been to literally ignore everything an attention seeking troll has to say.However others simply cannot resist. Take for example the troll on Sunday evening, I''m sure all regulars know who I mean. Before his account was deleted (I assume) his trolling ruined several threads, yet several people continued to encourage him by arguing. This is exactly what they want. Please, in  future ignore the trolls. Hopefully they will disappear into the Norweigen countryside as a result and shut the f*ck up forever more! Jonzey out!

Ok, I''ll come clean. I admit to being 1st Wizard, LDC, Purple Canary, Tangible Fixed Assets Anyone? Yankee Canary and Cluck. [:$]

Us Gemini''s only have two to deal with.So I''m either me or the other one.[:D]

I actually shrink the window I view the forum in so I can''t see the names of posters. I only look if someone says something particularly interesting/knowledgable, otherwise I''d rather just not know!

[quote user="lappinitup"]OH, and City1st and Morty and Ginger Pele and Mr Chops and Sports Desk Pete. [:S][/quote]

There''s one you forgot to mention Bly.

Davo

I''m quite happy to laugh along with them if they are funny and / or interesting, trouble is most of them just aren''t, and its just a thinly veiled excuse to try and say stuff you don''t want accredited to you, which is uber lame.And there has been one in particular that would refer to my children to try and get a rise.Like I said, pathetic.

[quote user="Davo"][quote user="lappinitup"]OH, and City1st and Morty and Ginger Pele and Mr Chops and Sports Desk Pete. [:S][/quote]

There''s one you forgot to mention Bly. Davo[/quote]

I''m seriously concerned about poor old BlyBlyBabes Davo. He last logged in on here three months ago and has not replied to an e-mail I sent him. I know he could be a WUM but I did enjoy plenty of banter with him. I know he''s lived in the Caribbean for a long time but I wonder if anyone on here knows him and/or of his well-being.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Davo"][quote user="lappinitup"]OH, and City1st and Morty and Ginger Pele and Mr Chops and Sports Desk Pete. [:S][/quote]

There''s one you forgot to mention Bly. Davo[/quote]

I''m seriously concerned about poor old BlyBlyBabes Davo. He last logged in on here three months ago and has not replied to an e-mail I sent him. I know he could be a WUM but I did enjoy plenty of banter with him. I know he''s lived in the Caribbean for a long time but I wonder if anyone on here knows him and/or of his well-being.

[/quote]

I was thinking the same, Nutty [:|]

We haven''t heard from the old boy for ages.

[quote user="morty"]I''m quite happy to laugh along with them if they are funny and / or interesting, trouble is most of them just aren''t, and its just a thinly veiled excuse to try and say stuff you don''t want accredited to you, which is uber lame.

And there has been one in particular that would refer to my children to try and get a rise.

Like I said, pathetic.
[/quote]

You would think that a keyboard would be a big enough object to hide behind.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Ok, I''ll come clean. I admit to being 1st Wizard, LDC, Purple Canary, Tangible Fixed Assets Anyone? Yankee Canary and Cluck. [:$][/quote]

I resent being the one you chose to separate from Cluck only by a conjunction. Therefore, I accept your embarrassed look as an upfront apology.

P.S: Is Cluck Bly, as they have both disappeared? Or so it seems. ( Sorry, Purple ).

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]But my genuine question is - why does it matter? The posters who care about this seem to be able to spot the posers a cyber-mile away.[/quote]Really PC??,I have been accused of being smudger many times by certain posters. Funnily enough, so have many other posters. As a non-fellow mathematician, perhaps I could add "Even a stopped watch is correct twice a day".Like you, I dont think any of this really matters as readers will make their own minds up.[/quote]

Well, if you''re going to give yourself a satanic[6] name posters are going to think you devilishly cunning...[;)]There was a (too well-hidden) tongue in cheek element to that. You are right, of course, that not all claims of double-identity seems to be, er, entirely accurate. There was one put forward recently by a couple of posters that was so far-fetched I assumed it was a joke. But apparently not. The accusation kept on being made. The charitable explanation is that it was a case of common sense taking a back seat to obsession. A bit like the communist witch hunts in the US in the 1950s, where reds were seen under every bed.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"]Ok, I''ll come clean. I admit to being 1st Wizard, LDC, Purple Canary, Tangible Fixed Assets Anyone? Yankee Canary and Cluck. [:$][/quote]

P.S: Is Cluck Bly, as they have both disappeared? Or so it seems.[/quote]

I don''t think so Yankee. Bly was the sole survivor of Cluck''s "Purists", the rest all fell by the wayside (poor Tangy never quite made it, hard as he tried). [;)]

Ah yes, multiple personas.   Something I''ve been accused of, several times.    To put my record straight - and I dare others to do the same - I''ll come clean, not that there is much to come clean about.    I had one LDC account and the email provider started charging £4.99 a month, just for emails (check out supanet if you don''t believe me).    So I started  another one and let the first one go.  That set in motion rabid accusations  about multiple posting, despite my protestations. 

I once set up a silly character, just to see what happened "Captain Haddock''s Fish Supper" which was just for a laugh and attempt at humour, but that only lasted afew weeks until I got bored with it.  Apart from that - nothing.  

So there you are, those are my misdemeanours - now go on -  I dare you.....................no-ones looking......

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"]Ah yes, multiple personas.   Something I''ve been accused of, several times.    To put my record straight - and I dare others to do the same - I''ll come clean, not that there is much to come clean about.    I had one LDC account and the email provider started charging £4.99 a month, just for emails (check out supanet if you don''t believe me).    So I started  another one and let the first one go.  That set in motion rabid accusations  about multiple posting, despite my protestations. 

I once set up a silly character, just to see what happened "Captain Haddock''s Fish Supper" which was just for a laugh and attempt at humour, but that only lasted afew weeks until I got bored with it.  Apart from that - nothing.  

So there you are, those are my misdemeanours - now go on -  I dare you.....................no-ones looking......[/quote]

So you ARE LDC.

We know you had two LDC accounts...

And now this one "Ha'' ya got a loight boy?"....

And "Peak District Canary"...

And "Rosie Saunders"...

And "Captain Haddock''s Fish Supper" (by your own admission). 

And.....anything else you''d like to tell us?

As a few posters on here are really me................who on earth then am I?[8-)]

[quote user="Wiz"]As a few posters on here are really me................who on earth then am I?[8-)][/quote]

There is only one Wizard......thank goodness! [;)]

BW will be along shortly to completely deny being BW/ambassador/the acolyte (which he''s used twice by the way, under different accounts)

I can''t stand multiple logins as it makes a complete mockery of the message board, but there is always someone in life who has to ruin it for everyone else!

It won''t be too long before, like the official board this one is closed down and multiple logins will be one of the reasons

Yeh but.... where''s dear old Nutty. Must be on holiday I hope.

Has never complained about Delia, Hoots, coaches several poor performances last season. Interestingly though had a go at McNasty (may peace be upon him) a few months back.

Always an interesting contribution to this board by Nutty though, apart from Del Shannon, rarely agree with him.

Marvellous!

This is my second account. In approx 2004 I froze myself out of the original Jonezy account, hence why I''m now Jonzey instead. It''s why I''m spelt wrong!

No aliases, who can be bothered? I''ve even had the same avatar for nine years purely out of laziness.

"BW will be along shortly to completely deny being BW/ambassador/the acolyte (which he''s used twice by the way, under different accounts) "

You''re rambling now. I have never denied being the ambassador, that was my first and original account, then I lost the password and created a new account (this one). I have told you this before but you seem to have ignored me.

As for aco, what traits do I share with him exactly?

Multiple personas starting multiple threads on the same subject which have nothing to do with Norwich City means no need for multiple moderators so Pete will be out of a job. [:P]

[quote user="Bws Cat "]"BW will be along shortly to completely deny being BW/ambassador/the acolyte (which he''s used twice by the way, under different accounts) "

You''re rambling now. I have never denied being the ambassador, that was my first and original account, then I lost the password and created a new account (this one). I have told you this before but you seem to have ignored me.

As for aco, what traits do I share with him exactly?[/quote]

You ''both'' share the same sole purpose of using this site, to wind up a long-time poster? Which is kind of the point