Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Toivonen - "I know nothing about Norwich City"

http://www.football-oranje.com/toivonen-i-know-nothing-about-norwich-city/
Says he will be reflecting on his future today, he hasn''t watched any prem games last season and he doesn''t like hoofball. On paper we look pretty good if he hasn''t watched us i guess. 11th in the Prem, RVW incoming, beat united, city and arsenal etc
Sorry to start a new thread but thought the new info was worthy of one and the other has dropped down the page.

Pretty standard response really... I doubt NCFC is much of a name to many European Teams, except Bayern Munich :)

[quote user="kick it off"]http://www.football-oranje.com/toivonen-i-know-nothing-about-norwich-city/
Says he will be reflecting on his future today, he hasn''t watched any prem games last season and he doesn''t like hoofball. On paper we look pretty good if he hasn''t watched us i guess. 11th in the Prem, RVW incoming, beat united, city and arsenal etc
Sorry to start a new thread but thought the new info was worthy of one and the other has dropped down the page.
[/quote]

if u post in the main Toivonen thread it will jump to the top again.

And thereby making an easier reading experience for everybody. Just a tip

"I have already said that it is an interesting competition, but it has to do with what the club is all about. It plays an important role. I do not like too many high balls"

What on earth is he banging on about here.

Also worth noting that the OP line has been taken out of context. He hasn''t seen any Premier League football this season so won''t have seen us.

''I know nothing about the other threads'' says kick it off

I think Toivanens inference is that the prem league (rather than ncfc) plays too much long ball football,  which is quite hard to argue against.  Despite hsi reservations with PSV wanting to sell and wages high in the PL I would be amazed if he did not sign for an english club during the summer.  Whether its us is another matter

If we can pursuade him to come great - if not move on to the next on.     Will see how is pondered future pans out.   

http://www.clubcall.com/norwich-city/russians-ready-to-join-toivonen-scrap-1599092.html
Another link mainly covering the same interview but also suggesting an interest from Russian clubs - albeit none specified, and hinting that PSV leaked news of the bid. The latter being consistent with the earlier report that emerged from PSV that we had asked for permission to speak to him.

[quote user="Nicko"]"I have already said that it is an interesting competition, but it has to do with what the club is all about. It plays an important role. I do not like too many high balls"

What on earth is he banging on about here. [/quote]

Just show him of a clip of the goal we scored against Sunderland at Carrow Road, 26 passes was it?That should persuade him..............

I read that part of his wanting to leave PSV was because they started hoofing it. So I don''t think he was making any comment about the Premiership really, just that he wanted to go to a team that passes it around bit. Better not show him the opta stats from last season...

To be fair, I, like most of us, hadn''t heard of him either 48 hours ago.

If he wants to come then great, if he wants to wait and see what other offers he gets then I won''t lose any sleep over it either.

The more I read what this bloke says the more my alarm bells go off![:S]

[quote user="Wiz"]The more I read what this bloke says the more my alarm bells go off![:S][/quote]

Funny that. The more I read (about a player I had heard of and thought we  might be interested in) the more I like:Asked by Swedish media about his future and the links with Norwich, Toivonen said: “I have not thought about it and did not hear about. I was only concerned with the match for Sweden. Wednesday I’m going to talk about it and reflect.”

And while Toivonen has mentioned a Premier League move would interest him, Carrow Road has not exactly been on his radar. "I really do not know – what I have at home is not the right TV channels. I only have Canal Digital, so I have not seen a Premier League match this year. So I can tell you very little about Norwich City."So he has been putting his country before his personal future. He seems to have a life outside football, because he doesn''t sit at home watching matches on TV. And he avoids false enthusiasm about a club he is honest enough to admit he doesn''t know much about. What''s not to like?

BWS CAT as much as I agree With your post, do u have to shoot every poster down who u don''t agree with down?

I''m not admiral or who ever u may imagine!

I''ve been pointing on here for a while under ONE name.

NCFCCITYTILLIDIE.

I''m sure ill have one or two on here who can verify this lol.

IMO there is absolutely nothing in that interview which suggests anything good or bad about a possible move anywhere, he''s pretty much dead-batted it, that''s all. Imo we either get him or we don''t, he''s not our only option, I''d be happy either way.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Don''t worry wiz, I thought the same when I first saw you post.[/quote]

You asked why I thought you were BW yesterday, this is why...

What? Because I keep exposing wiz for who he is?

Seriously? If I was BW why would I of exposed him earlier? Remember the print screen images I did?

[quote user="Bws Cat "]What? Because I keep exposing wiz for who he is?

Seriously? If I was BW why would I of exposed him earlier? Remember the print screen images I did?[/quote]

Here we go again. Why the hell do you and the usual suspects whine on about exposing people?

It''s just an internet forum, not a bleeding 5th columnist hide out.

Chillax man.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]What? Because I keep exposing wiz for who he is?

Seriously? If I was BW why would I of exposed him earlier? Remember the print screen images I did?[/quote]

Interesting....of instead of have....another one of ''BW'' traits

BW was your first creation, it didn''t work because you went in too hard, BW Cat is your ''watered down'' version....you have been accountable for several other fake accounts on here.

You''ll never come clean about your true identity but your posting style is almost always the same with all your alias''s and you''ve made a complete mockery of this website.

As i said before in this post, you won''t reveal your true identity, so perhaps you''d like to share with us all your obsession with 1st Wizard and why you would want to ''expose'' him? Perhaps we can help in some way with this completely irrational attitude?

Let''s here your thoughts...

he''s stalling for a bigger and better club..if he comes here he will always have 1 eye on the exit door..thanks but no thanks.. 5 million could be better spent elsewhere... Hughton should send a couple of scouts to the confederations cup...

I sure am a watered down version if I have not made a single attack on the club or transfer rumour, which was what BW frequently did.

I make it a rule of thumb to ''shoot down'' any trolls who launch snide attacks on the club and are obviously looking for trouble. Wiz is one of them.

I was posting before BW was banned actually, just type ambassador into the search and you''ll see.

I was a spectator on this forum for a good year or two before I joined anyway. I was never too keen about joining but I did it anyway.

How would I know what BW did? I''m pretty sure a senile suffolk pauper could tell you that. I read his posts.

This is pure speculation. Toivonen is known as a versatile player. Can play in midfield, as a second striker, as a target-man, even out wide etc. For PSV mainly as an attacking midfielder. And that versatility may be the attraction for us and other clubs. But what if he wants to settle into one position?As a striker he has had Ibrahimovic and Elmander ahead of him for Sweden over the last few years, and has tended to be fitted in in midfield, or as a sub. But those two are veterans now. Ibra 31 coming up to 32 and Elmander 32 already. Doubtful they will go on past the 2014 World Cup, that is if Sweden qualify.I don''t know if Sweden have the next Ibra on the way up, but even if they do Toivonen may fancy claiming the main striking place. If so he might prefer to move to a club that wants him in that role rather than for his adaptability. So IF we see him as Holt''s replacement, while Fulham, for example, want him in midfield, that might help us. Myself I don''t think he is international class as a striker but that isn''t the point.