Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Leaked early fixtures, 1st game of season...

That''s what I''ve hoped for as its Mourinhos first game back in the PL, and I''m behind the away dugout.

Be nice to have a ''big'' team first up

IF that turns out to be true, then amazing......even a chance to catch them cold and get a point or three.....we can dream!

I always prefer to have a big team first game of the season.

I know this will sound silly but I feel if you are playing a lesser team there is more chance of complacency on the first game of the season.

Perhaps an air of pre season still working its way out.

But when you know you have a top team to play you know you have to be right on the very top of your game.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I''d be more interested to know what the last game is![/quote]We''ll be safe long before then[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I''d be more interested to know what the last game is![/quote]We''ll be safe long before then[;)][/quote]

I was thinking more of the fight for a Champions League place. Always with the negative waves with you, morty.[:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I''d be more interested to know what the last game is![/quote]We''ll be safe long before then[;)][/quote]

I was thinking more of the fight for a Champions League place. Always with the negative waves with you, morty.[:P][/quote]

Pah! This negativity is tiresome. We''ll have the league sewn up by Easter with only the FA Cup final to look forward to, whist enduring pointless end-of-season "on the beach" matches.

Not looking forward to it........

Though having a big tie would be a great start to the season, I think Chelsea is up there with the worst it could be. Especially during his time at Chelsea before, and since, Mourinho is known to hit the ground running with his teams to make sure they are starting solid and use that as a platform, which does lead to a slight thinking of how they may be opening day...

May just be overthinking but big club yes, but maybe not most ideal it being Chelsea

[quote user="Xander11ncfc"]Though having a big tie would be a great start to the season, I think Chelsea is up there with the worst it could be. Especially during his time at Chelsea before, and since, Mourinho is known to hit the ground running with his teams to make sure they are starting solid and use that as a platform, which does lead to a slight thinking of how they may be opening day...

May just be overthinking but big club yes, but maybe not most ideal it being Chelsea[/quote]

Can''t be worse than Fulham away tho. We are historically poor starters. If we are going to get beaten in the first game i''ld rather it be a top 4 team so that we can compensate against other teams later.

Chris Lakey did a piece in the EDP, to be honest I haven''t read it, I was just told about it today. Strange for a journalist to be speculating though, eh!!!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Chris Lakey did a piece in the EDP, to be honest I haven''t read it, I was just told about it today. Strange for a journalist to be speculating though, eh!!![/quote]

I can''t see the piece, although it may be there. But unless things have changed the fixtures are normally under an embargo, a bit like the honours lists, and it is at the least frowned upon to break the embargo. Has Lakey really hinted at it being Chelsea, or has he simply said what fun it would be if it were?

This was posted on a Chelsea forum last week and has done the rounds since. Good first fixture if true, would be a great morale boost early on if we were to get something.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Purple, it''s on the back page of today''s Pink Un in the EDP.[/quote]Thanks. It hasn''t appeared online yet. I wait with bated whatsit...

Don''t see playing against Mourinho in his first competitive fixture back at Chelsea as a good thing personally...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I was thinking more of the fight for a Champions League place. Always with the negative waves with you, morty.[:P]

[/quote]Touche Sir, touche.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]Touche Sir, touche.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

I hope not, the media circus will be unbearable and frankly I think Chelsea will be back to their best next season and I don''t want to start the season in a similar fashion to last.

Doesn''t this happen every year? I''m sure someone was on here last year saying we had so & so on the opening day. I would imagine they do a trial run & that is where it is from. Would be interesting if true though.

At least we know we will be at home this year as Ipswich have allegedly asked to play away week1 owing owing to their pitch being relaid. This means they are A3/8 H10/8 A17/8 . We start on 17/8 and are always opposite to them so by deduction we must be at home.

Apart from you say allegedly, and games are played twice in a row at home or away sometimes. (Although maybe not the first few fixtures)

[quote user="Felixfan"]At least we know we will be at home this year as Ipswich have allegedly asked to play away week1 owing owing to their pitch being relaid. This means they are A3/8 H10/8 A17/8 . We start on 17/8 and are always opposite to them so by deduction we must be at home.[/quote]

There will also be midweek games David so a straightforward A H A Saturday by Saturday will not work out as simple as you say.