Sign in to follow this  
Militant Canary

Heard something.

My friends who work in sports media on the mainland said something about us and former Man U youth, Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

He''s currently impressing with the Norway U-21s in Israel and, apparently, Molde have turned down a bid for him. Molde are unwilling to state which club or even which country, but my friends seem to think we''ve had a look at him. So, adding 2&2 (and probably making 5), they think there is a possibility that the club in question is us.

Sadly, all unconfirmed at this point. Not too sure myself... in fact, I think they''re probably wide of the mark.

Undoubtedly a good player, though, and what we need in midfield (IMO).

Just telling you what I''ve heard.

Mervmeister wrote - "If only, this guy is class act!!

Won''t happen though :( "

If we were in for him there is every chance we would get him. Not too expensive, knows the UK and the chance to pull the strings in an EPL side. What would be the stumbling block?

That''ll be us trying to keep up the ''similar name'' thing - another ''Wolf'' to go with RvW, what with the Bennett/Barnetts, Ruddy/Rudd; I suppose we did just lose one of our Martins, after all!

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Well, reckon you can''t be Wiz then.

--------------------

that took me a second - I''ll admit it. but then it did make me laugh...

I know I shouldn''t of... but I did.[/quote]Shouldn''t have.

This is a Grammar Police warning.[;)]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Mervmeister wrote - "If only, this guy is class act!!

Won''t happen though :( "

If we were in for him there is every chance we would get him. Not too expensive, knows the UK and the chance to pull the strings in an EPL side. What would be the stumbling block?[/quote]

I mean more as in, the link to the player in OP doesn''t seem too reliable. So prob nothing in it.

If however we were in for him, then certainly we would be an attractive option for him and at a very cheap price no doubt. Definite upgrade on what we have at the moment.

Hope there is something in this.

I''m trying to find out more on this.

It is worth noting that Molde want to keep him and are set to talk with him when he returns from Israel.

However, I think he''s keen on moving on. Even within the Norway U21s he is up against Nordveit and Henriksen, who play for Monchengladbach and AZ respectively, and are the same age as him (Henriksen is a bit younger). So, a move would better serve in cementing a place in the U21s or, more likely, the senior Norway team.

(Quick side note: The Norway team really has so much potential. I have a feeling that they will soon be mentioned in the same breath as the Belgians in terms of footballer revolutions or a "golden generation". Perhaps not quite as good as the Belgians, but still impressive.)

The team mentioned most frequently in a move for Eikrem is Hannover - which would be a good move for him. However, a move to the Premiership, I think, would be even better as it is slightly higher profile. We are an up and coming team that would allow him time to grow with the team before he moves on. We also have Norway favourite Alexander Tettey - who will hopefully have an injury free season. Forming a partnership with him at club level could translate well for the national side.

Just some thoughts on the matter. I''m trying to find out more certain information.

Eikrem is a decent midfielder. Young, but lacks pace. An Ian Crook type of player, got vision, can shoot, and sure knows how to pick a pass.

I sometimes wish his head was quicker though. Very exposed vs the quick Spaniards in the U21 semifinal.

I doubt Norwich have enquired about him. Solskjær said the offer, the club, and the league was not of interest to club and player.

Surely the EPL would be interesting enough, so this is like just poor speculation

Having looked in to this further, I have to agree with you, grefstad. I''m sorry I started a thread on it.

Out of curiosity, where do you think he''ll end up?