Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Fantasy Football?????

How about for the rest of this season or for next season the regular posters become involved in our own Fantasy Football for Norwich City?

Simple mechanic....day before the game we all put on this website what we reckon the score will be, who will score and when (in 10 minute sections, e.g. 0 - 10, 11 - 20 etc). Points allocated like this:

Right score: 3 points
Right Goalscorer (s): 3 points each
Right Time slot: 3 points (per goal)

I will happily keep an eye on it and try and keep scores for people who fancy it:

Hayden''s prediction for Wimbledon game:

Score: Wimbledon 1 - Norwich 3
Scorers: Huckerby 2 (17 min and 83)
Brennan (34)

Any one fancy it?

Great idea Hayden - this is something I could knock up a page for on the PinkUn site and everyone emails me their predictions. Unless you want to keep it strictly to this message board?

Nice one as there is nothing to moan at the moment. I m even missing Yankee Canaree posts.

My prediction

Wimbledon 1 Norwich 5

Mackenzie (7mn and 38 mn), Huckerby (44 mn), Svenson ( 85 mn), McVeigh ( 69 mn)

For Wimbledon I wouldn''t have a clue but goal scored in the 53 mn.

Wibledon 1-2 Norwich
McVeigh and Roberts, one in each half, wimbledon to score after our two in last 15mins

Seriously great idea...although every time I predict the Norwich scores, we always end up losing...any way here goes:

Wimbledon 0 – 4 Norwich

Huckerby x2 (14 & 53 mins)
Roberts (17 min)
Francis (62 min)

Yep Pete, get a page going on this website, come on regular posters (Mook, 1st, Bomber, Tumbleweed, A1 etc etc) and anybody else, lets get this thing off the ground.

We''re in the process of setting up a page - when it''s ready I''ll post a pinned message at the top of this forum leaving my email address Peter.Raven@archant.co.uk in which to send your predictions to, plus a link to the Fantasy Football page.

Top idea Hayden!

While the web page gets built my prediction is Wimbledon 1 Norwich 2 McVeigh 32min Francis 74 min

Ok then, so points allocation go like this:

Going on my prediction of 3 -1 with Huckerby scoring two in the 17th and 83rd minutes and Brennan in the 34th then the points would work out like this for certain scenarios......

If Norwich win 3 - 1 for example and Huckerby scores two but not in the right time slots and Brennan doesn''t score I will get 9 points (right score = 3, goalscorer bonus = 6)

If Norwich draw 1-1 and Huckerby scores but not in the right time slot I will get 3 points (goalscorer only)

If Norwich win 2 - 0 and Brennan and Huckerby both score in the right time slots I will get 12 points (right goalscorers = 6 points and right times = 6 points)

If I get it completely right I would get a monster 21 points (3 points for right result, 9 points for right goalscorers and 9 points for right times)

etc etc etc

Oh well. That would be see good if Norwich become strong to see very easy and won.

So I see If West Brom would draw.

We hope to see Norwich has an Extra point clean from top.

As I see score is:

Wimbledon 0
Norwich 5 Huckerby 3 (11mins, 37mins and 71mins),McVeigh (45mins),Mckenzie (86mins)

Well done Hayden, nice idea.

Wimbledon 0 - 3 Norwich

McKenzie 25
Huckerby 67
Mackay 87

Okay then.

Wimbledon 0 Norwich 11

Roberts (13)
Huckerby (24)
Francis (27)
McVeigh (45)
Holt (59)
MacKenzie (66)
Drury (69)
Brennan (78)
Mackay (83)
Holt (89)
Greeno (90 header deep into injury time)

Don''t want to go mad though and say Fleming will score.

Bring on those Goalscorer Bonuses.

Would it not be better to offer 5 points for time of goal scored as that''s pretty hard to predict?

Or maybe a bonus of 2 points if you predict the right goalscorer with the right time? Or am I complicating things?

There''s always a smart arse Nepturamus....

was trying to get a playable game going here, how about this then:

for every player you state will score who doesn''t you will lose one point and you only get one point for the right time bracket, that will stop people saying Huckerby in the 1st, 14th, 23 rd, 35, 47 etc)

So new points structure is:

Right Score = 10 points
Right Goal Scorer = 3 points
Wrong goalscorer = -1 point per wrong player
Right time bracket = 1 point
Wrong time bracket = -1 point

Nows it going to be tough to get points but its still fun. Wanted to get the game going for a bit of fun but didn''t bank on people looking for loop holes, thanks for everybody who took it seriously, I aint giving up yet!

Stop it, stop it, STOP IT NOW!!!!!!. I swear you lot will put a hex on City, I don''t need to be told to ''chill out''. As I know a little about Hex''s, you lot will cost City promotion with all this stupidity. I''m deadly serious guys, and I have now have to stay up all night casting counter spells for your lack of knowledege in the ancient arts.

Manchester City and Wolves fans did the same thing in the past, and it backfired on them, just be eternly grateful that you have a friendly and wise old wizard watching over you, some of my fellow brethren are not so generous as I!!.

Not sure about the minus points for getting things wrong. How about:

Right Score = 3 points
Right Goal Scorer/Wrong time = 3 points
Right time bracket/Wrong goalscorer = 1 point
Right Goal Scorer and time = 5 points

Have now set up a web page at:

http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/Fantasy/2003-2004/asp/Fantasy.asp

Fancy graphic will follow shortly and a league table will appear after Saturday''s game.

If I''ve missed anyone out, got any predictions wrong, or you can think of a better scoring sytem then let me know at Peter.Raven@archant.co.uk

Great idea Hayden Well Done!
My prediction is that we will win 2 - 0 hucks to score both goals in the 22nd and 40th minutes.
Cmon all you regular posters get your predictions in!

hi im new to the boards and great idea. I have one question, what if someone predicts a high scoring game that is totally unrealistic, say 20-0, just to increase the chance of getting the time of goal and goal scorer right. Will the person be banned?

Mornin all...looking forward to getting this underway...
Just to let you know Peter you got my name wrong on the fantasy football website.....You put it as seriously high...Not that bothered, just thought i''d let you know!

CHEERS

Great idea Hayden, pleased to support it. I just sent my Email to Peter but just in case heres my prediction sitting here at 12.09 on Sat 7th.

Wimbledon 2 (Holdsworth 36, 81) Norwich 4 (Huckerby 23, Roberts 57 and 72, McKenzie 89)

Cheers

Tumbleweed