Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Linked with Matej Vydra - Udinese

We''re one of a number of clubs said to be tracking the Udinese striker who was with Watford last year.

The foreign loan system scam that was still possible in the Chumpionship is being overhauled next season, after Watfords exploitation of it this season. If they are looking to offload we could be a good option. Spurs and Sunderland are also linked in addition to an unnamed German club, but I don''t think he is big enough for Spurs, and Sunderland have a no better chance than Naaridge.

Remember him being interviewed saying he doesn''t want to play in the Championship again. A Czech international who knows where the net is. Yes please.

Every time I''ve seen him, I''ve wondered what the hype is all about.

Nowhere near as good as he''s meant to be.

I stand by this assessment. Just my opinion, of course.

Foreign so must be great right ? Nowhere near as good as Hooper at Championship level and Hooper never had the benefit of playing for a team challenging for promotion .

How come pretty much all championship quality strikers aren''t good enough for us. What''s so good about this championship quality player?

Same boat as Austin, Rhodes, mackail-smith I think

Prem1: I completely agree with the content of you post, if not the sentiment.

Just don''t see what the hype around Vydra is based on. Hooper has a much better record at Championship level... for Scunthorpe!

Pity you had to include anti-foreign nonsense in your post (as per).

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Prem1: I completely agree with the content of you post, if not the sentiment. Just don''t see what the hype around Vydra is based on. Hooper has a much better record at Championship level... for Scunthorpe! Pity you had to include anti-foreign nonsense in your post (as per).[/quote]

He was not being anti-foreign. He was simply suggesting, correctly, that the majority of people on this board assume because they come from a foreign league they will become a success. A striker who scores goals in the Championship could be just as able as someone from Eredivisie or the Norweign League.

I haven''t checked so I may be wrong but aren''t Hooper''s and Vydra''s records at the championship pretty similar, both low 20s during the only season there?I''m not sure who''s better but Vydra excites me a bit more because of his age, and his style of play - when I watched him I was shocked at just how good an all round player he was. Fantastic runs, passing, coming deep to collect the ball when it was the right time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnW7HJjxdaITo emphasise the point I made earlier, see how often he takes up that position behind the striker, doesn''t get picked up, then bursts forward at the right time. A lot of his 1 on 1s aren''t made from running off the shoulder, they''re made by running from deep.Also I would have to say that while you can never ever judge from these videos, he does look excellent in it. Passing, awareness, and instant finishing.Don''t believe we''re in for him until there''s something more solid though

He has been with Udinese for two or three years, and on loan to two clubs in that time. If Udinese have plans for him, we can''t afford him, if not we are likely to be out-bid. I shall not get too excited just yet, although his scoring record at various levels for the Czech national team are impressive.

It''s definitely silly season, I saw two reports on the same day about Chelsea making a bid for him - one for £5m the other £15m (with Udinese wanting £20m). For a player not much better than Hooper it seems a bit strange.

What I find really funny is all you guy’s who either don’t know what all the hype is about or what a great signing they would be based from the little snips we have seen or he''s great on FM2103. Supporters can base a better judgement than any other clubs network of professional scouts and management team.

This thread sums up the problem, and I have been as guilty as the next person in my opinions of players!

If Vydra or Hooper sing they will be a vast improvement on Jackson and Martin and thus improving what we had by a considerable margin. If we are to move up the table as most would want us to be then, we should trust Hughton and our scouts and wait for the right players to be confirmed and playing before ripping them to pieces.

For what it is worth, Vydra has a decent scoring record for The Czech national teams but Pekhart has a better scoring record through various age levels, I’m sure there majority on here would not be happy at us signing Pekhart.

I think it’s more than just stats, it’s about attitude, fitting the manager’s requirements and value for money, so ground work is a must from clubs at our level of spending.

I’m sure that Hughton will have already tagged his players and probably working hard to bring the third signing this summer.

As for Vydra, well I would love a loan to buy for him, ala Garrido. As young, hungry player who might bring a bit of pace to the front, would then cover all three options, Holt the big holding attacker, Van Wolfswinkel the natural goal scorer and Vydra with pace. Not too shabby going into next season.

Sky Sources: £8 mil bid rejected by Udinese for Vydra from an unamed Premier League team. Could this be us? Doubt it but you never know!