Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Next rumour is..........Elderson Echiejile

There may be some sense in this, and there is a suggestion that he was under consideration last summer.

He played for Rennes 2007-2010, and then Braga 2010-2013. At Braga in 64 games he has apparently scored 5 goals, and for the National Nigerian Team he has played 28 times and scored 1 goal. At 25 he is a "good" age. I don''t know if he is like many fullbacks , "better at going forward than defending".

He has asked to leave Braga - not sure what is behind this - have there been indirect soundings from CR, or are we yet again in a competition to sign a player. In any event we need a genuine left back to keep Garrido on his toes, or even replace him.

If there is any truth in our interest, he seems very worthy of consideration. We badly need

(sorry chopped off for some reason)   ..... a good LB to keep Garrido on his toes or replace him.

While I am overjoyed to see City finally making use of the Eurpean market I am at the same time concerned by rumours like these, I would much rather see undoubted quality bought in for key areas, not a backup player to Garrido. I think we would be much better served looking at the lower leagues for a home grown understudy

[quote user="Hog"]While I am overjoyed to see City finally making use of the Eurpean market I am at the same time concerned by rumours like these, I would much rather see undoubted quality bought in for key areas, not a backup player to Garrido. I think we would be much better served looking at the lower leagues for a home grown understudy[/quote]

If Norwich are looking at Echiejile then I doubt it is as back-up for Garrido - he is a very good player and has established himself well at Braga and for Nigeria. He''s currently in Brazil for the Confeds Cup and he is first choice left back for Nigeria.

Was pretty impressed with him during the African Cup of Nations, he is very strong and quick and looks to get forward a lot - main worry would be he is a little rash in the tackle and would be a red card risk.

He scored Nigeria''s 1st goal tonight in the Confederations Cup game, although a wicked double deflection.

How on earth did Tahiti beat the likes of Australia & New Zealand in the Oceania Cup?

Tahiti''s usual International home games are played in front of 200 fans! lol.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]He scored Nigeria''s 1st goal tonight in the Confederations Cup game, although a wicked double deflection.

How on earth did Tahiti beat the likes of Australia & New Zealand in the Oceania Cup?

Tahiti''s usual International home games are played in front of 200 fans! lol.[/quote]

Australia aren''t in OFC anymore - they are now Asian (apparently).

Tahiti didn''t need to beat New Zealand, they lost to New Caledonia in the Semi, and Tahiti then won the final 2-0.

First time I have seen the guy, looked ok but then this really is like judging Chris Martin on watching his game against Paulton Rovers. It will be interesting to see how he does against Uruguay.
Davo