Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

How the fixtures list is decided...

Seems like they complicate the process much more than necessary. It should not be hard to create a randomisation algorithm with and number of rules to take about of the problems they mention. I don''t think it would even be that difficult to program. No more than a few weeks work for 1 guy and then in future season''s its just a case of updating the ''rules'' where necessary.

Atos are the company behind the appalling management of Employment and Support Allowance so I wouldn''t be surprised if our first League fixture of the new season was against Ipswich.

And then on top of all that, Sky (and now BT) come along and change the scheduled dates (admittedly, only by few days).

In the article it mentions that teams are ''paired'' - it seems to avoid policing issues and rival fans meeting.

Are we ''paired'' with another team? I wonder if 1p5wich''s fixtures considered ? so to avoid potential flash points at rail stations etc

Just to make things even more confusing have a little read of this!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

"Mr Angry"Atos are the company behind the appalling management of Employment and Support Allowance so I wouldn''t be surprised if our first League fixture of the new season was against Ipswich.

Oh dear it is as well. We''ll be playing 41 games with 27 of them away. Mostly against Scunthorpe.

Ketts Rebel - yes, we are paired with Ipswich - whenever we are at home they are away, and vice versa. I believe this is mostly to do with potential issues with Norwich fans, Ipswich fans and two sets of away fans regularly travelling on the London-Ipswich-Norwich mainline railway on the same day.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Seems like they complicate the process much more than necessary. It should not be hard to create a randomisation algorithm with and number of rules to take about of the problems they mention. I don''t think it would even be that difficult to program. No more than a few weeks work for 1 guy and then in future season''s its just a case of updating the ''rules'' where necessary.[/quote]

Why don''t you offer to do it for them?