Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

The Pink'un (ers)

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

Freelance translator (most western European languages bar Finnish and Greek).

Useful on the Pink Un mainly in the summer, when the foreign rumours peak.

[/quote]

Wow, that''s impressive. I''m a lecturer

Predominantly worked offshore in the Oil & Gas industry, but after meeting my wife I changed to onshore work as a service engineer.

Was made redundant however, and after several months on the dole I made the decision to invest my redundancy package into returning into education as a mature student.

Graduated last year with a BEng Hons (1st) and now working back within the petrochemical sector in an onshore management role.

Loved my time back at school and applied myself much more than I ever did first time around!

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]Office and Production manager at a double glazing manufacturers. (Very busy this time of the year, not so in the winter).[/quote]

What window system you on charlie, Any vacancies!!

U Boat captain in the second world war, emigrated to East Anglia after the war, played for Norwich City until 1957, then joined the foreign legion in North Africa fighting the French and then came back, played the guitar in a top rock band, had several number ones, and became a full blown hippie in the sixties.   The drugs got to my brain and have been suffering delusions ever since.  Worst delusion was that I was a U boat captain in the second world wa.......

Ok, I''ll get my hat......[:(]

Accountant/finance ,anger for a charity in south London helping people just out of prison that want to change their lives around

I was in the RAF for 22 years (thats what brought me to East Anglia) and now work offshore as a vertical pipelay tech on a vessel, 5 weeks on, 5 off.

Currently working off the coast of Angola.

Student in Manchester, from Norwich though. Will most likely be unemployed next year.

Would love a job in renewable energy though! Sounds interesting.

Former call centre manager and travel agent, but now focusing on writing (football articles and fantasy books) and looking after my 2 kids.It''ll be a damn miracle if I ever get this book finished (and an even bigger one of I get a publisher afterwards)!

Domestic Appliance engineer.

Repair cookers, washing machines, dishwashers, tumble dryers, fridges, freezers, hobs, hoods etc. Also carry out has work.

[quote user="morty"]I was in the RAF for 22 years (thats what brought me to East Anglia) and now work offshore as a vertical pipelay tech on a vessel, 5 weeks on, 5 off.

Currently working off the coast of Angola.[/quote]

Morty, when you say 5 weeks on, 5 off, is that 5 weeks on work offshore then 5 weeks off work onshore, or 5 weeks on shore off work and 5 weeks offshore on work?

Work? nah, done with all that.Lots of sitting in coffee bars and easing myself into the day with a couple of Americano''s and a read of all the papers. Perhaps a trip to the coast if the weather is fine or a nice lunch at Cafe Rouge or Carluccio''s. The afternoon, maybe a couple of pints of Peroni at my local wine bar and a scan through the holiday brochures.It''s hard folks, believe me it''s really hard being retired.[;)]

Worked in print after leaving school, was operating digital print lines at Cambridge University Press until I sustained a career ending injury!

Gone back to being a DJ, and makes the odd appearance on David Whiteley''s Saturday morning radio show on BBC Radio Norfolk, also writing in ''Let''s Talk''. Currently looking at soul releases of the 60s and 70s.

Rock the boat.

5 weeks working offshore on the vessel, 5 weeks off work, so i have 6 months off a year lol.

I''m a librarian. It''s the only job I''ve ever done (apart from Summer work in factories when I was a student).

It''s...not as dull as it sounds.