Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

The Pink'un (ers)

I''m an FD in the charity sector, currently with the relationship people, bloody wasted on here where even tho'' we all have something in common we can fall out with each other within one reply to an OP!  And the second person in this thread who once worked for Museums Sheffield.  (I''ve sent a pm to you Rotherham Canary - shocked as I thought I was the only Norwich fan at that place!!!!!!).

[quote user="he likes paella "]I work in the commercial side of a national media company

And happily in my 30''s earning 40k

Would love to know other salaries as we are mostly anon on here... Not to show off but get an approximate average[/quote]I work offshore, I wouldn''t get out of bed for 40k[;)]

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

Worked in print after leaving school, was operating digital print lines at Cambridge University Press until I sustained a career ending injury!

Gone back to being a DJ, and makes the odd appearance on David Whiteley''s Saturday morning radio show on BBC Radio Norfolk, also writing in ''Let''s Talk''. Currently looking at soul releases of the 60s and 70s.

[/quote]

Does that include Northern Soul?

[/quote]

Of course...

[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]I design windows and balconies for hotels. Evenings and weekends are spent tending my peppercorns......[/quote]

Is that before the hotels are built Lapp?

I work for Network rail out of Peterborough but just lately been working from Finsbury park.I am a trained ultra sonics operator ( looking for cracks inside the rails) and I love it esp n he summer [:D]

[quote user="Leedscanary"]No worries Morty, we''ll catch up again soon.

Chops, you get more invites when you accept friend requests 😉[/quote][:)] Oh, that was you! Well, this is awkward.I''ve deleted my Facebook account as I was filling it with "amusing" anecdotes about raising a small child - who will at some point be old enough to want his privacy protected.  So that''s probably it.

After more years than i care to remember working in the folded area in a tissue paper mill ( yes mainly bogroll ) ive had to be finished off due to ill health, no longer able to work in a dusty enviroment.

30 years since i left school and never been without a job till now, has made me realize how tough it is out there for people to find work, also for the first time age is an issue, add to that a health condition its tough going, but im keeping plodding away, so any job offers im listening ha ha

New poster to the site, but have been reading for quite a while.

I''m a town planner working for a local council in London - a laugh a minute.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]i work on the rigs. Heres to 3 weeks off![/quote]5 weeks > 3 weeks.[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]i work on the rigs. Heres to 3 weeks off![/quote]5 weeks > 3 weeks.[:D][/quote]I couldnt do 5, fair play to you. 3/3 is alright but soon going 2/3. Happy days!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]As for me I am a retired Police officer, 31 years in Norfolk and doing a few bits and pieces now[/quote]

Another bleedin plod, the boards crawling with ''em. [:S]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]i work on the rigs. Heres to 3 weeks off![/quote]5 weeks > 3 weeks.[:D][/quote]I couldnt do 5, fair play to you. 3/3 is alright but soon going 2/3. Happy days![/quote]2 on 3 off, I wouldn''t mind some of that!As long as it was for the same money of course lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]i work on the rigs. Heres to 3 weeks off![/quote]5 weeks > 3 weeks.[:D][/quote]I couldnt do 5, fair play to you. 3/3 is alright but soon going 2/3. Happy days![/quote]2 on 3 off, I wouldn''t mind some of that!As long as it was for the same money of course lol.[/quote]yeah 2 on 3 off, no change with pay either! I find 3 long enough, how on earth do you manage 5?!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]i work on the rigs. Heres to 3 weeks off![/quote]5 weeks > 3 weeks.[:D][/quote]I couldnt do 5, fair play to you. 3/3 is alright but soon going 2/3. Happy days![/quote]2 on 3 off, I wouldn''t mind some of that!As long as it was for the same money of course lol.[/quote]yeah 2 on 3 off, no change with pay either! I find 3 long enough, how on earth do you manage 5?![/quote]Its not so bad, you just get your head down and get on with it. Plus being on a vessel is different, theres always different stuff going on, its not so groundhog day as the rigs. Obviously my most favourite bit is the 5 weeks off[;)]

The last two years I was in the Royal Navy I served on our nuke subs. That was one month at sea, never seeing anything, always under water. Then one month along side while the maintenance crew worked on it, then the best bit one month holiday.The worst bit was when at sea for that month we would work 6 hours on then 6 hours off continuously,  that was for a whole month, not knowing if you were getting up 4am or 4pm !