Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

The Pink'un (ers)

Very good Loopy, I like wolowitz jokes same as the next geek... but sometimes secretly wish I''d been an oompa-loompa.

Manchester - no need to be green with envy or yellow with jaundice: there are many routes into our colourful sector these days, I''m sure whatever you have could be put to use. (Unless it''s media studies.. nah, only kidding!)

OTBC

[quote user="lake district canary"]U Boat captain in the second world war, emigrated to East Anglia after the war, played for Norwich City until 1957, then joined the foreign legion in North Africa fighting the French and then came back, played the guitar in a top rock band, had several number ones, and became a full blown hippie in the sixties.   The drugs got to my brain and have been suffering delusions ever since.  Worst delusion was that I was a U boat captain in the second world wa.......

Ok, I''ll get my hat......[:(]

[/quote]

I think your comrades in the Foreign Legion may have been a touch baffled by the idea that you were fighting against the French...[:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]U Boat captain in the second world war, emigrated to East Anglia after the war, played for Norwich City until 1957, then joined the foreign legion in North Africa fighting the French and then came back, played the guitar in a top rock band, had several number ones, and became a full blown hippie in the sixties.   The drugs got to my brain and have been suffering delusions ever since.  Worst delusion was that I was a U boat captain in the second world wa.......Ok, I''ll get my hat......[:(][/quote]

I think your comrades in the Foreign Legion may have been a touch baffled by the idea that you were fighting against the French...[:D]

[/quote]

Oh, I don''t know, you get all sorts of groups who are supposed to be on the same side fighting with each other - this message board for instance - you wouldn''t think we were all part of the same club sometimes. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]U Boat captain in the second world war, emigrated to East Anglia after the war, played for Norwich City until 1957, then joined the foreign legion in North Africa fighting the French and then came back, played the guitar in a top rock band, had several number ones, and became a full blown hippie in the sixties.   The drugs got to my brain and have been suffering delusions ever since.  Worst delusion was that I was a U boat captain in the second world wa.......

Ok, I''ll get my hat......[:(]

[/quote]

[/quote]

While you point out the flaw with a smile, Purple,  I''m afraid even the smile would not be enough for LDC to acknowledge his error. He doesn''t do "wrong" you see. Instead, yet again, he turns it into a slight against other posters.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]U Boat captain in the second world war, emigrated to East Anglia after the war, played for Norwich City until 1957, then joined the foreign legion in North Africa fighting the French and then came back, played the guitar in a top rock band, had several number ones, and became a full blown hippie in the sixties.   The drugs got to my brain and have been suffering delusions ever since.  Worst delusion was that I was a U boat captain in the second world wa.......Ok, I''ll get my hat......[:(][/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I don''t know, you get all sorts of groups who are supposed to be on the same side fighting with each other - this message board for instance - you wouldn''t think we were all part of the same club sometimes. 

[/quote]Really ldc? That hasn''t happened to me. I can''t remember anyone ever disagreeing with my view on anything here. You sure this isn''t just something you alone have experienced?[:P][:D]

[quote user="kick it off"]Im a childcare officer in a children''s home. Have an assessment day next week for a scheme to convert my degree into a Post-grad in Social work so I''d be a qualified social worker if I get that.[/quote]

Almost me that is.

Just a childcare practitioner in a kids home though. No ''officer'' or post grad qualification. :oD

Service delivery coordinator at Sheffield Uni. I make sure staff in my building are happy, set up rooms to plans, bit of AV troubleshooting, and at the moment babysitting asbestos contractors who think alarmed fire escapes are to be used whenever they fancy.

Only been doing it a month but it''s the most enjoyable job i''ve had. Before that I worked in visitor services for Museums Sheffield.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]U Boat captain in the second world war, emigrated to East Anglia after the war, played for Norwich City until 1957, then joined the foreign legion in North Africa fighting the French and then came back, played the guitar in a top rock band, had several number ones, and became a full blown hippie in the sixties.   The drugs got to my brain and have been suffering delusions ever since.  Worst delusion was that I was a U boat captain in the second world wa.......Ok, I''ll get my hat......[:(][/quote]

[/quote]Oh, I don''t know, you get all sorts of groups who are supposed to be on the same side fighting with each other - this message board for instance - you wouldn''t think we were all part of the same club sometimes.  [/quote]Really ldc? That hasn''t happened to me. I can''t remember anyone ever disagreeing with my view on anything here. You sure this isn''t just something you alone have experienced?[:P][:D][/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9GC5xzn6_w

Sorry can''t remember how to do links properly....

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Hear that?That small whining sound?[/quote]

Yes. Its one of your posts.

[/quote]No, its clearly you still whining on and on and on and on about the whole forum is being mean to you.Seriously mate if you''re going to fill your nappy just because folks disagree with you, then perhaps you need to find a nice embroidery forum or something.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I was having a little banter with Purple till it got hijacked - by the usuals.Grow up.

[/quote]I know the difference between banter and whiney bleating, trust me[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]I was having a little banter with Purple till it got hijacked - by the usuals.Grow up.[/quote]I know the difference between banter and whiney bleating, trust me[Y][/quote]

Lol  [:P]

[quote user="super canary"]Another good thread ruined by the usual cat fight...well done.[/quote]You''re welcome[Y]

[quote user="super canary"]Another good thread ruined by the usual cat fight...well done.[/quote]

I''ll get it back on track, SC.  

I''m in the music business.   Also in the property game, having  built and/or renovated several houses.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="super canary"]Another good thread ruined by the usual cat fight...well done.[/quote]

I''ll get it back on track, SC.  

I''m in the music business.   Also in the property game, having  built and/or renovated several houses.

[/quote]

Very interesting. Any of those houses in the lake district?

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Worked in print after leaving school, was operating digital print lines at Cambridge University Press until I sustained a career ending injury!

Gone back to being a DJ, and makes the odd appearance on David Whiteley''s Saturday morning radio show on BBC Radio Norfolk, also writing in ''Let''s Talk''. Currently looking at soul releases of the 60s and 70s.

[/quote]Does that include Northern Soul?

Shock horror - I went out with a beer this evening with some guys I first met on here, that I now consider very good friends

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Shock horror - I went out with a beer this evening with some guys I first met on here, that I now consider very good friends[/quote]Sorry I couldn''t make it mate, I have been in London this week and only just got back[Y]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Served 12 years in the Royal Navy after I left school, grew up fast and saw the world, had a great time, then 29 years at BMW Swindon Pressing plant, producing panels for the Mini. Two years ago they were trying to reduce the workforce, offering early retirement to anyone over 55, I was 55 years old, and after studying what was on offer, I found out that my monthly retirement income would be only £120 less than I was actually picking up in wages ! A no brainer,  I took the retirement at 55 years old. I now find work during the winter (just to top up the funds) and take the summers off -- I''m loving it ![/quote]

Swindon, that sounds legendary. Talk about living the dream. Respect!

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="super canary"]Another good thread ruined by the usual cat fight...well done.[/quote]I''m in the music business.   Also in the property game, having  built and/or renovated several houses.[/quote]

Very interesting. Any of those houses in the lake district?[/quote]Built and renovated several in Cornwall prior to coming up here, two renovations since we moved,  just waiting for this one to get sold and on to the next one!