Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Joe Ledley

Latest name we are being linked with, good player. Apparently Celtic would be interested if Barnett went as part of deal.

Whilst I would love to think Diego Capel would be willing to sign on in a flash, Ledley is a good player who can operate in either left or centre midfield. True, he lacks pace, but he has a good scoring rate for a mid-fielder and should other options fail, he could do a job for City.

Was on Twitter. So probably no substance to it but just thought I would post anyway!

I''d probably agree with no better than Surman. Who is a much better player than many on here give him cried for. Very very good on the ball, shame he''s so hard to find a position for, not a winger, ok in CM but limited, hasn''t been tried in Wes'' position.

Ledley would have been a great signing in our first season in the PL, but not now.

IMO surman is the most naturally gifted player at the club, but I agree with the post above, finding him a position is proving to be so difficult. Such a shame

I''d agree with this about Surman. Always liked him and seemed to be in Hughton'' s plans before he got injured. But depending on who we sign, I don''t think he''ll get another chance unfortunately.

[quote user="ncfc_greg"]I''d agree with this about Surman. Always liked him and seemed to be in Hughton'' s plans before he got injured. But depending on who we sign, I don''t think he''ll get another chance unfortunately.[/quote]

I hope your wrong. Very much agree with the comments on surman. Very gifted player and does more for the team then the average fan sees. I hope he gets a chance again.

[quote user="Che''s right hand man "]We worked well when David Fox was DLP and Surman was AP.[/quot

Yep. He works very well when played with passing players. Not players like tettey and BJ. But with fox hoolahan an pilks he loves it and we can pass most off the park. So hopefully an upgraded fox will bring out the best in surman.

This is not Ledley.

I hope I''m wrong too. The way him and Fox played together was brilliant to watch. Would like to see both of them play for us again.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''d probably agree with no better than Surman. Who is a much better player than many on here give him cried for. Very very good on the ball, shame he''s so hard to find a position for, not a winger, ok in CM but limited, hasn''t been tried in Wes'' position.

Ledley would have been a great signing in our first season in the PL, but not now.[/quote]
GP my recollection is that he played in the Wes position at Fulham last season at least for the first half. (Our midfield was Snoddy and Pilks wide with BJ and Johnny H in the centre).
I would agree not much of a try out there but I would suggest one that was probably quite influential in Hughton''s thinking.

[quote user="ncfc_greg"]I''d agree with this about Surman. Always liked him and seemed to be in Hughton'' s plans before he got injured. But depending on who we sign, I don''t think he''ll get another chance unfortunately.[/quote]

Unfortunately Surman lacks pace and is not too hot defensively.