Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Villa to bid for Ruddy?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest here. If Villa were to make an acceptable bid, ruddy would most probably go.

It does worry me that Lambert will eventually come calling and Villa are still a very attractive club for most players.[/quote]
Can someone please explain to me how a binner has managed to rack up so many posts on this site? I wish you could report chronic stupidity

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest here. If Villa were to make an acceptable bid, ruddy would most probably go.

It does worry me that Lambert will eventually come calling and Villa are still a very attractive club for most players.[/quote]
Can someone please explain to me how a binner has managed to rack up so many posts on this site? I wish you could report chronic stupidity
[/quote]

How on early is this stupid? Can you confidently say of villa had a bid for one of our players they would stay without doubt?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest here. If Villa were to make an acceptable bid, ruddy would most probably go.

Why would Ruddy most probably go? I can''t think of a single reason why he might never "probably".[/quote]

Like it or not Villa are still a bigger club than us and have the potential to be a top 7 side again. We are a long way off being able to say that. From a professional footballers point of view Villa are a more attractive club to play for than us. Bigger ground, larger fan base and bigger potential.

Outside of the top 5 there is another handful of clubs that will have the upper hand on us. This group will probably consist of Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and Villa. I fancy us to be as attractive as any other club outside of these clubs.[/quote]

Never miss an opportunity to put "your" club down eh Lincoln?[/quote]

Quite the opposite. I''ve basically said bar 8 English clubs we have the potential to be very attractive and could compete with anyone in this league.

Surely this is quite realistic?

Rest easy. Villa are 100% not after Ruddy ... FACT

Why would we even want another first choice keeper when Guzan is our current player of the season?. Just tabloid nonsense probably brought on by us apparently signing Steer however as understudy. Not that I have any idea who he is

[quote user="AJ"]Rest easy. Villa are 100% not after Ruddy ... FACT Why would we even want another first choice keeper when Guzan is our current player of the season?. Just tabloid nonsense probably brought on by us apparently signing Steer however as understudy. Not that I have any idea who he is[/quote]

Yes and further more he signed a new 4 year contract last year, meanig the club will be with in their rights to reject any bid from any club no matter who they are, unless of coarse it suited the club to let him go, But it would have to be a huge amount to get him and Villa don''t have money to throw into the ring. In spite of what many Villa fans think, Yes they have a rich owner, Don''t mean he''s got a bottomless pit, and as someone has already said, Lamberts signing to date have all been bargain basement buys, Because Lambert is not trusted to buy big   

Luckily Lambert doesn''t need to spend big, he knows how to find a gem for pennies. By this midweek we''ll have signed 5 players already, all early 20s, some internationals already for less than 10m. I don''t know how he does it but ing may it continue

He only spent about 20m last season and somehow got about 7 players in too. Most of which went on to be our better players

[quote user="AJ"]Luckily Lambert doesn''t need to spend big, he knows how to find a gem for pennies. By this midweek we''ll have signed 5 players already, all early 20s, some internationals already for less than 10m. I don''t know how he does it but ing may it continue He only spent about 20m last season and somehow got about 7 players in too. Most of which went on to be our better players[/quote]

Just because they are internationals doesnt mean they are good or going to adapt to the English game. Better hope the new signings are like Benteke, as apposed to the bloody awful Joe Bennett''s and El Ahmadi''s of this world. Benteke didn''t cost peanuts either he was 7m and you wont get 7 of him for 20m. But agree there is no chance Lambert will be in for Ruddy.

I can''t see an truth in this rumour at all.Guzan was excellent last season and would be very harsh to drop him. Ruddy would want to be 1st team choice and not 2nd and also just signed a 4yr deal to stay. Newspapers just getting bored and making stuff up, poor journalism.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]OK.... If we could get say £10m fro Ruddy and eat someone like That young reading gk for say £4m. But would give us another outfield signing for £6m. Would you be happy? Think I would take that.[/quote]

I''m sure this is a joke, but I''ll play anyway.ABSOLUTELY.... UNEQUIVOCALLY....NO!!!First, he''s one of the best players in our squad. Did anyone else happen to notice that we played amazing when Ruddy was between the sticks, yet when he was injured, we played like scared school boys? Why? Because Bunn is not of the same quality and we had to protect our goal; hence, defensive style of play.Second, he''s the England #2, with plenty of time to become the England #1.Third, quality English players are at a premium.Fourth, if Ruddy were as prolific at scoring as he is at saving, he''d be on the heals of being a Michu or Suarez.So in my opinion, the club would be completely mad to even have there heads turned for anything less than £20m. Please note I said ''anything less''. £20m would be the minimum for McNally to even start the conversation.

Good Lord, give me strength to respond appropriately to those who would blindly see us fall back in the Championship... Amen

So for most of the season Lambert was shi* and most of his signings were shi*. But now he''s kept you up, just, every penny he spent was triffic and he has a fantastic eye for a player, bargain or not. What a load of old pish.

Is AJ the brummie Wiz?

Lambert''s completely changed our starting eleven so no wonder we stuttered. Our second half of the season form was all that matters. 7th in the form table I believe

All good

With regards Ahmadi, he''s been fine. Exactly what I expected in all honesty, a decent sub. Bennetts got all the potential in the world, but it won''t happen overnight (hence why we''re signing Luna from Seville)

Westwood .. Superb

Guzan ... Superb

Benteke ... Superb

Lowton ... Superb

Sylla ... Superb

Vlaar ... Superb

And by superb I mean for their first full seasons and for the price paid obviously. Lowton was at the time said to have cost us 2.5m, it transpires it was actually 1m. Ditto Westwood who cost 14m less than Joe Allen and is twice the player :)

Only 4 GKs have ever been sold for more than £10 million-Buffon, Neuer, De Gea and Peruzzi. Although Ruddy is good he is not in that class so estimates of anything over £10 million are fantasy really.

Didnt sunderland spend a shed load on that scottish keeper who''s name escapes me? Thought it was about 12 million and then released him.

[quote user="AJ"]Lambert''s completely changed our starting eleven so no wonder we stuttered. Our second half of the season form was all that matters. 7th in the form table I believe All good With regards Ahmadi, he''s been fine. Exactly what I expected in all honesty, a decent sub. Bennetts got all the potential in the world, but it won''t happen overnight (hence why we''re signing Luna from Seville) Westwood .. Superb Guzan ... Superb Benteke ... Superb Lowton ... Superb Sylla ... Superb Vlaar ... Superb And by superb I mean for their first full seasons and for the price paid obviously. Lowton was at the time said to have cost us 2.5m, it transpires it was actually 1m. Ditto Westwood who cost 14m less than Joe Allen and is twice the player :)[/quote]

With such world beaters how did you not make the Champions League. Out of those players you mentioned I would have Benteke and Lowton (as back up) you can keep the rest.

No chance of this, if he goes it will be for an actual European competition club, not one that might become one... Heck we might become one if we have a solid next season and kick on from that. The combo of his potential, the rise in tv money, the fact he is English and the length of his contract all makes a 10 million + fee not seem too far fetched in my opinion.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Sylla superb? Sylla looked terrible every time I saw him. Lowton is a cracking player though.[/quote]

Really?. As soon as he came in alongside Westwood & Delph our form turnaround. He''s quite the grafter

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="AJ"]Lambert''s completely changed our starting eleven so no wonder we stuttered. Our second half of the season form was all that matters. 7th in the form table I believe All good With regards Ahmadi, he''s been fine. Exactly what I expected in all honesty, a decent sub. Bennetts got all the potential in the world, but it won''t happen overnight (hence why we''re signing Luna from Seville) Westwood .. Superb Guzan ... Superb Benteke ... Superb Lowton ... Superb Sylla ... Superb Vlaar ... Superb And by superb I mean for their first full seasons and for the price paid obviously. Lowton was at the time said to have cost us 2.5m, it transpires it was actually 1m. Ditto Westwood who cost 14m less than Joe Allen and is twice the player :)[/quote]

With such world beaters how did you not make the Champions League. Out of those players you mentioned I would have Benteke and Lowton (as back up) you can keep the rest.

[/quote]

Teams take time to build, and who said world beaters.

I''ll let Lowton & Benteke know, I''m sure they''d be interested ;)

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[/quote] Teams take time to build, and who said world beaters. I''ll let Lowton & Benteke know, I''m sure they''d be interested ;)[/quote]

We''ll most people if they name 7 players in their starting 11 as being superb would expected to finish a lot higher than you did. Seeing as you think that Joe Bennett is full of potential when he is probably the worse full back I''ve seen over the last two years I''ll put it down to you being delusional. I also dont for one minute think Benteke or Lowton would want to come to us, I''m just saying I wouldn''t swap many of our players for your so called "superb" talents ;)

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Only 4 GKs have ever been sold for more than £10 million-Buffon, Neuer, De Gea and Peruzzi. Although Ruddy is good he is not in that class so estimates of anything over £10 million are fantasy really.[/quote]

Ever heard of a word called inflation?!

I think it''s fair to say I wouldn''t want any Norwich players either. So we''re both happy!

:)

Funny isn''t it, this Vanilla fan who keeps turning up to tell us how great they and their players are (over half a season, which we all know is far more important than an entire season...the league table does rather suggest otherwise) and that he knows nothing about us or our players. Not sure quite why he is on our board then, with 150+ posts.

This all comes after last summer when he swallowed hook line and sinker the garbage that his club owed us nothing for Lambert: the best part of £2m clearly put that one to bed.

[quote user="AJ"]I think it''s fair to say I wouldn''t want any Norwich players either. So we''re both happy! :)[/quote]

Did you take a wrong turning somewhere along the keyboard?

[quote user="Hackedoff"][quote user="Mr Angry"]Only 4 GKs have ever been sold for more than £10 million-Buffon, Neuer, De Gea and Peruzzi. Although Ruddy is good he is not in that class so estimates of anything over £10 million are fantasy really.[/quote]

Ever heard of a word called inflation?![/quote]

Yes I have.