Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Villa to bid for Ruddy?

The People newspaper saying that if Lambert can get Given off the books then he will go in for Ruddy.

Can''t see them A. Affording him B. is he really much if at all any better than Guzan?

Guzan saved their arses many times las season.

They can''t afford him. If he were to go would be to a top club. He is a far better player than Guzan, not even in the same league.

The only way I can see them affording him is if they sell Benteke, and put that money towards it. Might pay for half of Ruddy.

OK.... If we could get say £10m fro Ruddy and eat someone like That young reading gk for say £4m. But would give us another outfield signing for £6m. Would you be happy? Think I would take that.

We never seem to get good money for our players :(think realistically we would get £8-10m personally.

Think he worth much more than that myself also, but we never get big money.

How much do you honestly think we would get for him?

This would not be a move upwards as he will still play as many games for villa that he would at carrow road in front of new defence that has a lot of youngsters and mistakes.

He could move to a team higher up the spectrum if he wants European glory, which I hope all our players are gunning for and obviously become a better keeper with England credentials.

If he did go to villa, it would be because of a breakdown here, personal terms, gk coach poached by man city, £££ or a belief he has gone as far as he can with Ncfc, but I do not see that.

I think ruddy has no interest, his agent would be working on the bigger clubs

When you look at how much players like Shelvey, Henderson, Downing, Rhodes, Butland, Mignolet go for, he is worth towards £20 million. He is English, and is 2nd choice England goalkeeper at worst. I genuinely think he is as good as, if not better, than Hart. The only thing that is stopping him competing with Hart for No.1 is the fact that he plays for Norwich, and not a big club.

This has to be a load of bull for so many reasons. Recent statistics showed Villa were spending 94% of theirtotal income on wages which explains Lamberts task of bringing the wage bill down.Firstly another goalkeeper is not a priority, it is the same as us bidding lots of cash for Guzan when we still have Ruddy. Also Ruddy has great potential and if he moves on it will be a much bigger and better club than Villa with a chunky wage packet that Villa cannot support. He is on a par with Mignolet in my view and Liverpool seem to be accepting that they will pay Sunderland on or around £10m for him. Bunn was ok as cover but not I suggest good enough as first choice for us

If Ruddy goes it will be to one of the top clubs. A full and excellent, again, season with us and we''ll be fending off bids, proper bids, (£5 million from Villa when Mignolet is going for twice that? McNally wouldn''t even take the call) for him this time next season.

I get so heartily pissed off with people saying "you can''t ask for big money for a goalkeeper, its not the same as an outfield player" or words to that effect. What tosh. A player like Ruddy is worth 8-10 points a season alone. Brian Clough said Forest only won what they did under him because of Shilton. A good keeper is the cornerstone of any team and as valuable a player as any in it, if not the most valuable.

Ruddy''s starting price, for anyone, should be £15 Million. Villa can''t afford that and it would be a step sideways for him in anycase. If he does well next season and there are rumours linking him with Spurs, Liverpool etc then good luck to him. But Villa?

We''d need a new keeper anyway-and would have to pay top whack ourselves to get one. Bunn is not a number one. Steer maybe one day and lets hope he is eventually. But selling Ruddy now-not a chance.

If mignolet is going for 10m, surely even the fact Ruddy is English makes him worth 15m, not even considering that Ruddy is a far superior keeper.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]And furthermore I believe a bid of £8 million would be enough.[/quote]

I tend to agree, I''ve said before. Values towards £15m are nearing the ''realms of fantasy'' as Cpt Mainwaring would say.

I''m not an ITK at all in general, but I do believe in this case the media have gotten confused. Villa are not after Ruddy, but will sign Jed Steer, the transfer was agreed over a week ago with the player. But the transfer fee has gone to a tribunal. The transfer should be concluded next week.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Guzan is top class, they''ll be looking for a number two, not a number one.
[/quote]

Totally agree. I cant see them spending the money it would need to get Ruddy when they have a perfectly good keeper.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest here. If Villa were to make an acceptable bid, ruddy would most probably go.

It does worry me that Lambert will eventually come calling and Villa are still a very attractive club for most players.[/quote]

Why would Ruddy most probably go? I can''t think of a single reason why he might never "probably".

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest here. If Villa were to make an acceptable bid, ruddy would most probably go.

It does worry me that Lambert will eventually come calling and Villa are still a very attractive club for most players.[/quote]

Why would Ruddy most probably go? I can''t think of a single reason why he might never "probably".[/quote]

Like it or not Villa are still a bigger club than us and have the potential to be a top 7 side again. We are a long way off being able to say that. From a professional footballers point of view Villa are a more attractive club to play for than us. Bigger ground, larger fan base and bigger potential.

Outside of the top 5 there is another handful of clubs that will have the upper hand on us. This group will probably consist of Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and Villa. I fancy us to be as attractive as any other club outside of these clubs.

Who would have thought less than 5 years ago we wouldnt have stood a chance has someone like Villa came in for one of our players. Now we laugh in their faces at such an insult.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lets be honest here. If Villa were to make an acceptable bid, ruddy would most probably go.

Why would Ruddy most probably go? I can''t think of a single reason why he might never "probably".[/quote]

Like it or not Villa are still a bigger club than us and have the potential to be a top 7 side again. We are a long way off being able to say that. From a professional footballers point of view Villa are a more attractive club to play for than us. Bigger ground, larger fan base and bigger potential.

Outside of the top 5 there is another handful of clubs that will have the upper hand on us. This group will probably consist of Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and Villa. I fancy us to be as attractive as any other club outside of these clubs.[/quote]

Never miss an opportunity to put "your" club down eh Lincoln?

while it appears that villa are under more financial restraint than us, they have no such potential of being a side in a european competition.

if they manage to offload their deadweight, and get their wage structure down, maybe, but for now it doesn''t look like it. they are more or less a "sideways" step.